Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1238269 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #13230 on: October 02, 2022, 05:45:08 pm »

Oh man, Im incredibly rusty with this game.  Dont feel like dumping hours into it, but maybe I do a quick run through the first couple of bosses before I go trying to Dwarf it up.

A part of me still remembers when the short sword only went horizontally.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13231 on: October 02, 2022, 05:59:53 pm »

I remember when hell was the endgame.

Shit, I remember the three mech bosses being the endgame, and now that's the end point of early hardmode.

Game's been through a lot of updates since 2011. Over a decade of them, it's rare for games to live that long.

EDIT: OK, so I've uploaded my Don't Dig Up map to a world viewer. Things I've noticed:

1) World trees are far more common, and have no leaves.
2) Surface is all corruption, alongside the whole outer ~1/6th of both sides of the map, down to the roof of hell.
3) Jungle temple is on the surface???
4) While there's a glowing mushroom layer above hell, that doesn't stop natural ones spawning
5) Hell is normal outside the island you spawn on.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 07:07:27 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13232 on: October 02, 2022, 07:29:24 pm »

Yeah, Don't Dig Up World is crazy. I'm suiciding over and over to make some progress over the surface, but the monster spawns are insanely high, like you're under the effects of a battle potion and Water Candle at all times. If you're standing still for a moment, you're already dead because two dozen mobs just spawned on both sides of the screen and are rushing you down in an instant. They do drop a lot of money, and occasionally some good food items as well, if you can perch yourself up somewhere safe and chuck grenades at them.

The surface is also pitch black night at all times. You need to be frantically putting down torches, throwing glowsticks, firing flares, have a personal source of light (like a miner's helmet, or a Magiluminescence), just to be able to see all the monsters that are flooding in ontop of you. Despite all this though, I still managed to make a rope going straight up, and using the low gravity I could go great distances to the left and right and find some floating islands. GOOD NEWS: there doesn't seem to be dragons that spawn when you go too high up (I might be misremembering if those are pre-hardmode or not), but BAD NEWS: the increased spawn rate applies to harpies as well, and finding a floating island also means you've found an inexhaustible army of harpies that will never let you leave alive. It's funny though, that the most serious danger isn't from the damage they deal, but that the knockback plus the low gravity means they can bump you up past the Event Horizon death plane at the top of the map. Suiciding a couple times to find these islands however have given me my Starfury, a balloon (which is hilariously good at killing me in the low grav environment), and chicken nuggets from the harpies.

After trying the surface a couple more times, I decided against it and decided to try my luck against the Underworld, because I just could not find the Jungle to save my life. A potion of water walking later, I finally found the Jungle, and put down my first teleport stone. I feel that some excellent progress was made today.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: October 02, 2022, 09:00:37 pm »

You think THAT seed is hard?

Me and my friend started a co-op world on the zenith seed

You get the upside down world on top of EVERYTHING.

We got the drunk, we got the party world which might be normal on zenith since it is everything

Our world is a molten bee/wasp hive of molten honey almost everywhere.

Corruption on top is both THAT and crimson

Every difficulty is one higher

We started on master difficulty

WAIT! JOKES ON US BECAUSE WE DIDNT READ!

Its legendary difficulty :(

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13234 on: October 02, 2022, 09:11:55 pm »

I believe it also incorporates For The Worthy difficulty ontop of all that as well :)

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: October 02, 2022, 09:15:17 pm »

I believe it also incorporates For The Worthy difficulty ontop of all that as well :)

looked it up.

can 99% confirm that sounds accurate from what I've seen in our game :P

somehow we are making progress. haven't beat the eye yet though, but are close actually.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: October 02, 2022, 09:18:58 pm »

There's no surface jungle, it's overtaken by corruption. The only indication is the temple, so you kind of have to do it underground.

And yeah, noticed the insane spawn rate. My plan is to get to the end of pre-hardmode, dig out and decontaminate an area, then refill it to get a "normal" surface biome.

Also I just noticed NPC happiness is disabled, but they sell pylons.

I really want to play one of these worlds multiplayer and do a "retake the surface" type challenge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: October 02, 2022, 09:41:18 pm »

I mean, that sounds pretty fun with a few mods (particularly rpg ones) running, but, uh. Vanilla? Eeehhh...

One day modloader will catch up, and then we'll get to see how quickly the game crashes with zenith spawn rate on top of some of the mod spawn boosting items. That should be fun!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13238 on: October 02, 2022, 10:02:04 pm »

I don't mean Zenith, just Don't Dig Up.

Zenith sounds like a shitshow. Fun shitshow if you're a masochist like me, but a shitshow nonetheless.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: October 03, 2022, 09:17:42 am »

Twice now I've discovered stacks of items having seemingly disappeared when I needed them. First was some chains when I needed to make a sawmill(after previously making a watch and grappling hook), and just now a pile of obsidian when I needed to make hellstone bars. There's a not-zero chance that I accidentally sold them, but that's highly unlikely.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #13240 on: October 03, 2022, 09:53:40 am »

Twice now I've discovered stacks of items having seemingly disappeared when I needed them. First was some chains when I needed to make a sawmill(after previously making a watch and grappling hook), and just now a pile of obsidian when I needed to make hellstone bars. There's a not-zero chance that I accidentally sold them, but that's highly unlikely.

Any possibility you might have ctrl-clicked to move your items into the trash, instead of shift-clicking to move them into container? Those hotkeys are much too close together...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: October 03, 2022, 10:36:28 am »

Another possibility, although I hadn't noticed anything in the trash slot. Honestly, I don't know why that's a hotkey if it's so easy to accidently toss something.

Yet another thing I noticed before exiting the game was one of my tombstones, which I put down for the graveyard and Abigail, was knocked loose. I don't know what did that, unless falling stars can do that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13242 on: October 03, 2022, 10:40:04 am »

Poltergeists, clearly.

With the stuff disappearing, you're not accidentally quick stacking to nearby chests are you?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: October 03, 2022, 10:53:07 am »

Not accidentally. Does quick-stacking cause stuff to disappear?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: October 03, 2022, 11:03:57 am »

I've not encountered anything mysterious like that, but I have had the game crash and revert all the progress since the last hard save, which was irritating but not a huge setback.
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 887