Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1243614 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #13275 on: October 19, 2022, 09:49:09 pm »

I started a new game shortly after the 1.4.4 update, and just finished Moon Lord. Fun times~

« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 02:43:00 am by Folly »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: October 20, 2022, 06:12:52 am »

A house built on a diagonal hill solves a lot of the stair pathing issues I've been having, actually.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: October 20, 2022, 06:18:47 am »

Do you sometimes find misplaced biomes underground? I just found a spot of jungle deep under what should otherwise be forest, with the closest aboveground jungle far to the right. Is this just something I've missed while playing in the past or did my world generation make an oopsie somehow?
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: October 20, 2022, 06:22:18 am »

Do you sometimes find misplaced biomes underground? I just found a spot of jungle deep under what should otherwise be forest, with the closest aboveground jungle far to the right. Is this just something I've missed while playing in the past or did my world generation make an oopsie somehow?
Biomes are determined by minimum block counts, not by average or by weighted block counts.  A lot of mud that wasnt fungal would be jungle.  There's probably something like depth that determines if it gets seeded with jungle or fungus at worldgen
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: October 20, 2022, 06:31:35 am »

So since its pretty deep down in the underground layer and nowhere near jungle... it might be fungus that failed to become fungus during world gen? I've never tried terraforking much in terraria, maybe I should hop over to another world and fetch sine mushroom seeds and see if I can make it a mushy paradise.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: October 20, 2022, 06:38:54 am »

Terraria is all about experimenting!

PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: October 21, 2022, 08:36:51 am »

I found another piece that seems to be underground desert based on the water colour, where the water changes colour depending on the pickup/placement of a single sand block :D
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: October 21, 2022, 10:12:30 am »

Oh yeah, the mini-deserts have been around for a good while now.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: October 24, 2022, 06:07:38 am »

Went into Hardmode in my current world, and the Hallow/Crimson spread was pretty awful. The surface portion of the Hallow ended entirely in the Jungle, and since Hallow doesn't convert Jungle, there is no surface Hallow. I had to seed some elsewhere. The Crimson on the other hand, hit the Snow biome pretty hard, forcing me to relocate the Mechanic and Goblin, which sucks because I lost access to the Snow Pylon and because their house was one of the better ones I've built.

I'm also finding that Wyverns aren't nearly as bad as I remember. It may be the fact that I already have full Adamantine armor, but it's more likely the Night's Edge is absurdly powerful now. I killed the Wall of Flesh - twice, since the game crashed the first time - in about a minute.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: November 08, 2022, 11:03:44 am »

... so after journey's end, just yesterday they've announced a new final(?) (final (final?)) update, coming next year. Involves a dead cells crossever, somehow or another. This has become something of a bad joke, at this point :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: November 08, 2022, 11:14:47 am »

Re-Logic is gonna wind up becoming the Tupac of game devs, continuing to release updates to the game long after their own death, each time promising "This is gonna be the last one, for real guys."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: November 08, 2022, 04:30:59 pm »

... so after journey's end, just yesterday they've announced a new final(?) (final (final?)) update, coming next year. Involves a dead cells crossever, somehow or another. This has become something of a bad joke, at this point :-\

So far they've just announced it though, and the main driving thought behind this decision seems to be "Wouldn't it be cool if we had a crossover with Dead cells" rather than an idea they're passionate about adding to the game.

They've got till new years to think of something, but I'm not super hyped.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: November 08, 2022, 05:07:10 pm »

Eh, I'm ambivalent to the patch itself -- if history is anything to go by, it'll be fine , and it's not like dead cells ain't neat enough -- I'm mostly just kvetching because it's going to break mod applicability again.

It feels like every time tmodloader and the various mod devs gets within spitting distance of catching up to the latest last patch, another one comes out and starts the process all over again.

E: What would be freaking amazing is if they stopped making patches to the main game, and started releasing these crossover patches as mods.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 05:09:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: November 08, 2022, 08:45:25 pm »

Recall when Starbound was touted as Terraria in Space, and how that had since long come and gone, drama and recrimination and all.

I thought official mods are usually called expansions, and newfangled ones DLCs. Even though some did use the same interface like later Elder Scrolls and Fallout series stuff. :P

What else might make for a nice crossover? Crypt of the NecroDancer? I think someone picked that back up recently, too.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: November 09, 2022, 01:53:28 am »

I thought official mods are usually called expansions, and newfangled ones DLCs. Even though some did use the same interface like later Elder Scrolls and Fallout series stuff. :P
They are, and that second bit is exactly what I was talking about -- some games explicitly use their modding framework to push their dlc/expansion material. Terraria has an official modding framework, now, it's just that the main branch steadily releasing new final patches has kept pushing it back from full release for well over a year now, since before there was actually an outright partnership between the tmodloader folks and the main game.

Neat and tidy way to stop that process would be to just... integrate these small-ish updates into the modding framework. Releases the content, helps with making the main branch more steady so the modders can finally catch up, plays up the partnership with third party content creators, actually lets the final patch finally be final, win/win/win/win.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887