Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1238511 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - Updated: You can now dress as a ninja! And more NPCs and enemies
« Reply #4965 on: August 10, 2011, 09:35:26 pm »

Y'know this update is awesome if only for easier item management. And obsidian walls  of course.
Everybody!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: August 10, 2011, 09:37:52 pm »

Can keys be rebound? I'm used to shift-clicking items to move them between containers. And, well, there goes several stacks of metals.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: August 10, 2011, 09:41:27 pm »

Can keys be rebound? I'm used to shift-clicking items to move them between containers. And, well, there goes several stacks of metals.
Yeah, in the options.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: August 10, 2011, 09:47:55 pm »

Not to be conceited or anything, but what did you guys think of my suggestions on the last page? I'm open to suggestions and changes to them. If there's enough support here, I'll take it to the actual forum.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: August 10, 2011, 09:56:39 pm »

It did give me a sort of inspiration. NPCs could request items for their houses which expand their facilities. Get the merchant a proper desk and books and he sells more stuff. Giving the gunsmith an anvil and a forge would achieve similar effects. Giving the Nurse more beds and bottles would help with healing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #4970 on: August 10, 2011, 10:27:41 pm »

Too bad the Nurse is now completely useless :P

Though here's an idea to make her useful. Just make it so that her requirement is having a Life Crystal, then make it so you have to pay her a fee to consume it or something.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: August 10, 2011, 11:20:55 pm »

That seems like it might be a bit of a pain. But it would make her less useless, and that's what matters, right?

In other news, hornets shoot stingers at you. They hurt. A lot. Though maybe I shouldn't have headed down with 140 health. But I can't find heart crystals anywhere! :-[
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: August 10, 2011, 11:55:59 pm »

But I can't find heart crystals anywhere! :-[

Yeah I have the same problem. I'm 2/3 silver armor, usually by now I'm almost to 200 hp, this time... 120. At least I don't have to worry about bosses for a while  ::) .

Curious, did you gen a new world?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: August 10, 2011, 11:58:01 pm »

Yeah, I did. Although I was able to beat both the Eye and EoW fine with just 140 HP and full iron armor, I just cannot handle the jungle.
Maybe it's because the Eye got lowered down to 2800 HP? Or its attack was lowered? Same with EoW, I just stood in front of where it came up and kept slashing the head with a phaseblade.

In other news again, do meteors have a chance to fall without any shadow orbs being broken? Because one fell on the first night, which is where I got the phaseblade.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:01:41 am by SirAaronIII »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: August 11, 2011, 12:37:48 am »

Yeah I was wondering if there were some world gen tweaks that didn't get mentioned. I Just finished my silver greaves, and looted a suspicious eye from a gold chest, maybe I should chug some pots and give it a go.

I think meteors have a very low chance to fall per night, breaking orbs just rolls an extra 33% chance for a meteor drop.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:53:54 am by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: August 11, 2011, 12:40:45 am »

Yeah, I did. Although I was able to beat both the Eye and EoW fine with just 140 HP and full iron armor, I just cannot handle the jungle.
Maybe it's because the Eye got lowered down to 2800 HP? Or its attack was lowered? Same with EoW, I just stood in front of where it came up and kept slashing the head with a phaseblade.

In other news again, do meteors have a chance to fall without any shadow orbs being broken? Because one fell on the first night, which is where I got the phaseblade.

I think they must've nerfed all three bosses to compensate for the health changeup, because Skeletron is slower and weaker, so it would make sense that iCthulhu and EoW would be too. Out of curiosity, was it that they were actually doing less damage, or were they moving slower?

Also: As of 1.0.5, you could rarely get meteor events without breaking any orbs. AFAIK this carried over, so yes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: August 11, 2011, 01:02:02 am »

Just killed Eye with 140 HP and silver armor. I did have to use one potion when I screwed up and got juggled in a corner but for the most part he couldn't hurt me. I wonder if the new crit chance overbalances the HP nerf?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: August 11, 2011, 03:20:40 am »

Is 1.0.6 out, yet?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: August 11, 2011, 05:53:15 am »

Yes.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: August 11, 2011, 09:26:27 am »

Hmm.

At some point I should stop stockpiling items and make a new character on a new world.
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 887