Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1269250 times)

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8130 on: January 08, 2012, 01:16:37 am »

For fighting the twins and SP, I suggest switching any movement related accessories for combat ones and using gravitation potion to compensate the loss of maneuverability, with featherfall potion if you are afraid of crashing (if you keep pressing in the direction you fall, you can increase speed without the risk of taking falling damage). This isn't as effective when fighting the twins than it is for SP, but it's still the only way I can manage to beat them. It can also help to have the nurse in a house not to far with a bed so you can teleport there for quick healing. Since you absolutely need to keep moving to avoid getting wrecked by Spaz second form, she should not get hit much.

For the destroyer, my weapon of choice remains demon scythe. With mage specced gear and potions, the damage reaches above 60, can (and always does) hit 5 times and, as any magic, has high crit rate. A single cast can deal 300+ damage to the destroyer.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: January 08, 2012, 04:07:04 am »

My god.
I gathered materials for a Crystal Storm, and I made a GODLY Crystal Storm.
I completely crushed the Eater of Worlds.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: January 08, 2012, 04:46:03 am »

Now get a mythical Crystal Storm, and destroy all the things.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8133 on: January 08, 2012, 08:34:31 am »

Destroy the Destroyer, split the Twins apart and smack Skeletron Prime right out of his prime, all while doing manly action hero grunts. ARGH, URGRGHGRGRHG, HWERGH!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8134 on: January 08, 2012, 10:13:49 am »

I've made some battle-arenas in my construction-oriented map, and I'd like to hear some ideas for a new one. Currently I've built a golden temple in the desert, a big moonrock in the space, and I'm building a meteor cloud at the moment. Planning to make a trap-filled junglearena, a mostly underwater arena, and a big evil castle with lava and spikes and crap. Besides those, any ideas for big constructions?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: January 08, 2012, 10:23:25 am »

One Clockwork Assault Rifle. LOTS of Meteor Shot. One tower, with two torches. HArdcore. No other bases.

ZOMBIE APOC SURVIVAL

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8136 on: January 08, 2012, 10:40:42 am »

Drop a flail at your feet. Use the hellstone trick. Stand next to it with a piercing/high DPS weapon. Etc. The Destroyer is honestly really easy, and once you get the flamethrower, it is a complete joke.
This is exactly why that cross trick feels so cheap. I can't bring myself to use it.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: January 08, 2012, 12:58:57 pm »

I've made some battle-arenas in my construction-oriented map, and I'd like to hear some ideas for a new one. Currently I've built a golden temple in the desert, a big moonrock in the space, and I'm building a meteor cloud at the moment. Planning to make a trap-filled junglearena, a mostly underwater arena, and a big evil castle with lava and spikes and crap. Besides those, any ideas for big constructions?

SMB3 Floating Airship Arena
WWII Siege Trenches
Final Bowser Room in SMB 3
A non-descript arena with tons and tons of dangerous stuff.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: January 08, 2012, 01:26:51 pm »

A room to generally torture the guide with a flamethrower.
Sniper towers.
Heck, make the dungeon your base of operations!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: January 08, 2012, 03:35:10 pm »

Fox only, No items, Final Destination?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: January 08, 2012, 05:51:16 pm »

should I be using molten armor for my first time against the Wall?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: January 08, 2012, 05:51:41 pm »

Yes, but not because of the wall.

Unless you're a caster , in which case jungle armour would be advised.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »

thanks Darvi!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: January 08, 2012, 07:02:14 pm »

I just fought the wall for the first time yesterday. While I wasn't using it, I highly recommend demon scythe, which is a magic weapon dropped by demons(very rarely). Since it goes through enemies and starts off still(and speeds up, its the demon's ranged attack), its perfect to plop onto an eye or mouth of the wall and do 150 damage per shot.

Otherwise, I used a hell bow with hell arrows with hell leggings and a hell breastplate. I used a miner's helmet because I'm a sucker for the thing, but you should use a hell helmet if you think you'll have trouble.

Of course, you should have a hell highway. Its neer impossible otherwise, even with Mythril armor.

Having specter boots(rocket + running) might help also if you don't have a flat hell highway.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: January 08, 2012, 07:26:17 pm »

Of course, you should have a hell highway. Its neer impossible otherwise, even with Mythril armor.
using meteor bullets standing at the base of the wall aiming upwards works well too, and the highway is only needed when you only have pre-wall gear.
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 887