Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254334 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #840 on: May 18, 2011, 08:18:01 pm »

Maybe because some of us don't have Rocket Boots?  As far as I know, Floating Islands is a main way to find them.  Seriously, this is a game more than any other that's going to insult me any time I interact with other players.  "You don't have Rocket Boots and Phase Swords and Full Meteorite Armor?  Come on man, you've been playing for three hours, what the fuck are you doing wrong?"
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 18, 2011, 08:18:40 pm »

Also

I think I found the use for the Angel statue

EITHER that or I stumbled into an interesting mechanic I didn't know existed.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 18, 2011, 08:20:19 pm »

Maybe because some of us don't have Rocket Boots?  As far as I know, Floating Islands is a main way to find them.  Seriously, this is a game more than any other that's going to insult me any time I interact with other players.  "You don't have Rocket Boots and Phase Swords and Full Meteorite Armor?  Come on man, you've been playing for three hours, what the fuck are you doing wrong?"

The only reason I have half of the equipment I have is because Deon gave me a ton of stuff that enabled the collection of better stuff :P

Also

I think I found the use for the Angel statue

EITHER that or I stumbled into an interesting mechanic I didn't know existed.

Oh? Do tell
*Hugs*

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 18, 2011, 08:21:42 pm »

Since when can smashing a shadow orb summon Eater of Worlds?! I just had to solo the bastard with zero preparation and mostly iron equipment.

...Not complaining, though, mostly due to my shiny new shadow armor and demonite tools. War Axe of the Night = TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Oh, and
TELL ME.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 18, 2011, 08:22:42 pm »

It was meant to be a light hearted joke at the fact that you don't have rocket boots. I mean from what I have seen the majority of people so far do not have them.
Sorry, people have said in the past I have a strange sense of humour.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 18, 2011, 08:24:43 pm »

So.
Anyone took on all three bosses at once yet?

I assume if you made some corruption at the dungeon you could get all three to appear at once
*Hugs*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 18, 2011, 08:27:49 pm »

Well I am PROBABLY wrong about the statue

But when I put it in a chest I noticed the monsters stopped spawning near me.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 18, 2011, 08:28:43 pm »

Take it to hell and test.
If so, then you've discovered the perfect hellmining tool
*Hugs*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 18, 2011, 08:29:57 pm »

I should note that the chest is inside a house.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 18, 2011, 08:30:44 pm »

Nah, that's just the giant chip on my shoulder about not being 100% l33t pro at every game on launch-day like everyone else in the world seems to do.

Is there some way to edit an existing character's appearance?  I'm getting more sick of my pompadour every time I play.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 18, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »

Nah, that's just the giant chip on my shoulder about not being 100% l33t pro at every game on launch-day like everyone else in the world seems to do.

Is there some way to edit an existing character's appearance?  I'm getting more sick of my pompadour every time I play.

I don't think so.
But you could store all of your stuff in a chest and make a new character. Then just grab the crap and carry on as normal
*Hugs*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 18, 2011, 08:33:57 pm »

Anyhow I'll test the statue in hell as soon as I have a second Angel statue... but I have a horrible world to navigate.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 18, 2011, 08:34:13 pm »

Which is a pity, I miss my glorious flowing beard.

Just got full shadow armor, going to try and fight the skeletron after I get some meteorite, maybe go to hell first and try to drop a stupid fire flail thing :P

Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 18, 2011, 08:39:03 pm »

Don't worry, I'm horrible at these games. Mostly because I like how things look and are less willing to mine straight down because of it, so prefer to spent time exploring for a way down.

Also, I have heard item editors can do this for you, but I don't have any, so I can't say for sure what ones and how they work.

EDIT: Umm, what?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 18, 2011, 08:56:14 pm »

You know, a Dirt Rod would probably make it a lot easier to look for islands- just drag two blocks up, and use them as platforms.

It may take a bit longer, but you don't use as much mana (presumably) as flying around with the rocket boots, and you don't have to worry about meteorites being wasted on sky-bridges.
I have a dirt rod and it's not that useful. When you grab a bit of dirt, it turns into something that looks like sand when it's falling and its affected by gravity. Really fun to randomly chuck dirt around, though.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 887