Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1238544 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1110 on: May 19, 2011, 07:49:53 pm »

Id fight him with a double stack of Unholy arrows... unfortunately that is an ungodly amount of tooths.

Actually that is a full stack of 250 tooths.

At which point, you may as well just breach Hell. I mean, heck, if you're really set on killing Skeletron with a bow, the Molten Fury would pretty much double your damage output. :P

Also, don't forget that the only reason to kill Skeletron is to access the Dungeon. Which is really tough if you're under-geared. That Shadow set + Flamarang combo is just barely enough to keep me going in the depths of the dungeon.  :o

Oh, and one quick question/comment/WTF? moment. I've found three above-ground chests in my world. Two of them, right next to each other, both contained Feral Claws, while the third, a couple of screens away, contained a Rod of Regrowth. All of these are capable of spawning in the Jungle ( and supposedly the Rod can only spawn in the jungle...).
Thing is, right these chests lies my dungeon. So, uh, do jungle chests usually spawn on the surface? If not, is my dungeon going to pierce through my jungle, or something? I'm confused, but I'd rather not use the map viewer unless I have to...  :-\

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 19, 2011, 07:53:19 pm »

At this point Id really would love a Terraria server list...

I dislike that Terraria won't let you save servers (for long going ones) but ohh well...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 19, 2011, 08:08:38 pm »

Ok second server issue, this is one I've been having for a very long time with other games as well.

Friend follows all the steps, allow Terraria through the firewall, forward ports, make sure that his primary network adapter is the only one running.   He can connect to himself fine.  I can't connect to him. 

This isn't the first time it happened either, doom2, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, everything.  I'm always forced to host, because I can never connect to him successfully.  At one time I even went over to his place and set everything up myself, no dice.

What the hell am I doing wrong?  I just wasted 3 hours of a night trying to get a connection to him.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 19, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »

The flaming greatsword's too slow to be really effective.
My best strategy for soloing him was to backpedal while spamming the flamarang attacks

This. You need a high-damage attack to kill him before time runs out - I don't believe anything below Molten packs enough of a punch. I killed him with a Flamarang and full Shadow set, bringing him down with ~1:30 left before morning. (And 20 large health potions, but that's incidental - it's time, not health, that'll kill you.  ;))

Unholy arrows + Demon Bow might work, only because the lower damage of the bow is offset by the arrows' piercing ability. I believe the boss has, what, 7 defense? If so, you'll be dealing (13 + 8 - 7) = 14 damage per hit, probably landing double hits thanks to pierce-through, for ~28 damage per shot. Assuming that's true, you'd need somewhere around 215 hits, assuming they're all double hits and I haven't screwed up any numbers. That's a lot of Unholy Arrows - accounting for misses and non-double-hits, I wouldn't attack him with any less than a full stack, assuming you're very lucky with arrow recovery during the fight. A stack and a half would be preferable.  :-\

...yeah, I'd descend into Hell, or at least get one of the top-tier weapons from the Jungle, before even considering attacking Skeletron.  :o
12 defense for head, so (13+8-12)=9 damage per hit, 18 defense for hand (13+8-18)=3 damage per hit
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 19, 2011, 08:13:01 pm »

At this point Id really would love a Terraria server list...

I dislike that Terraria won't let you save servers (for long going ones) but ohh well...
Yeah it does. The server maps are the exact same maps as SP ones.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 19, 2011, 08:17:45 pm »

Leave me the Hell alone Eyethulhu, I didn't even have time to talk to the nurse after I respawned, and then you gotta roll up in my crib?  Goddamn dude, find some new friends.
I managed to kill eyethulhu on my skybridge with a combination of harpoon and starfury.
Was remarkably easy, I love my harpoon deathmower. Unless something is flying I can just walk right into it in a fury of metal.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 19, 2011, 08:18:43 pm »

Thanks Simmura but I sort of meant the IPs :P

Also I got really lucky and got to hell (using an old tunnel... mind you it really is a maze) and I set everything up so I can get back there at anytime

I also luckly have it right next to two hell forges and finally have a stack of hellstone.

Do you need hell forges for anything or are they just awsome?

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 19, 2011, 08:19:48 pm »

Thanks Simmura but I sort of meant the IPs :P

Also I got really lucky and got to hell (using an old tunnel... mind you it really is a maze) and I set everything up so I can get back there at anytime

I also luckly have it right next to two hell forges and finally have a stack of hellstone.

Do you need hell forges for anything or are they just awsome?

In addition to refining hellstone, I think they're needed for Meteor Shot bullets.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 19, 2011, 08:20:42 pm »

Harpoon and Starfury aren't weapons I'd expecting a nub to have or use, unless they got really lucky.
Starfury is just luck of the draw from a floating island, and it's really the more effective one against eyethulhu. Harpoon is more opportunism.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 19, 2011, 08:22:08 pm »

Killed my first boss, Eater of Worlds.  It came up after I popped a shadow orb, I hauled ass back up the shaft, it killed the demolitionist, I blew up his house on accident, and finally killed it.  Got 72 demonite, 30-something shadow scales, and a shadow helm.  I rebuilt the demonlitionist's house and the dryad took it over.  I built a new house for him, will he eventually respawn or am I boned?
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 19, 2011, 08:29:43 pm »

No you don't need them for meteor shot bullets

One Meteor ingot gets you 100 bullets.

Meteor shot can go through one enemy OR bounce off a surface (if it bounces it won't peirce, if it peirces it won't bounce)

I hope I don't need the hellforge to make equipment out of refined hellstone

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 19, 2011, 08:36:06 pm »

I used Vilethorn, which I got from a shadow orb.
Shoes...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 19, 2011, 08:38:39 pm »

I'm half convinced that the hook is a lie. I'm in full necro, all molten tools, and been farming skeletons for the past hour and a half for absolutely nothing.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 19, 2011, 08:40:52 pm »

>:( >:( >:( >:(

Of course, less than a minute after I post this, a hook drops.

RAAAAAGE.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 19, 2011, 08:49:02 pm »

Yeah, it's weird.  I got a hook from one of the first skeletons I killed, and I've never seen one since.  Thank God too, I get a ton of mileage out of that Hookshot.  The wiki is a lie though, it does not do any damage, as far as I've seen it just goes right through everything that isn't ground.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 887