Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254266 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/one-month-a-milestone.30213/
Blue explains HCM.
Pierces, but not walls. Alchemy trailer thing was pretty explicit about that. The crescent crumbles when it hits a wall. It does seem to hit fairly hard, though, and seems somewhat spammable, at least for short periods.
Spammable especially when your multiplayer character has 100,000 mana, which restores at a rate of about 2000 a second
Gratz. Killing everything must feel so much more fun when you hack your way to victory.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Considering that the only use for that character is attempting to survive the insane spawnrates on some servers, yes.
*Hugs*

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Brotip: You don't need mana to swing a mura or BoG or shoot a nix. If you're going to hack something, at least make it something unobtrusive on screenshots, like a 9999 stack of rejuv pots.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

I have no problem with people knowing I have cheaty amounts of mana, it's a game, the point is to have fun.
*Hugs*

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I have no problem with people knowing I have cheaty amounts of mana, it's a game, the point is to have fun.

Yep. I don't normally cheat, but if I get incredibly frustrated with things (like breaking walls in this game), I resort to cheats, and if cheats aren't allowed, glitches. If neither is allowed, I generally stop playing and continue on with useful stuff.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Everyone has fun in different ways. As long as he's not abusing it in PvP... there literally is no drawback to what he's doing other than supposed morality.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

She.

And I always cheat. Aaaaaalwaaaaays.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it hard to define what is cheating in this game. Is using the map viewer a cheat ? probably, but last time i built skybridges to find floating islands, and it was a pain in the ass to remove them for the meteors. Especially with the new harpeys.

Is it cheating to rush hell and repeatedly die/respawn to mine hellstone ? probably not, but i guess it's not supposed to be played this way.

Is it cheating to dupe liquids ? to farm new worlds ? to build monster farms with a thin layer of lava ? To use the speed glitch ?

I try to do those things as little as possible, but sometimes the alternative is just way too much of a hassle.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Simple.

Cheating is using 3rd party things. Now you know.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

By that logic, decompiling the game and giving yourself every item in the game doesn't count as cheating.
*Hugs*

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Simple.

Cheating is using 3rd party things. Now you know.

Is it cheating to look up tips on an online forum? According to you it is.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Technically, from the in-universe perspective, it is. You acquire knowledge externally - which qualifies as cheating just about anywhere with crafting recipes involved. Now granted, the game didn't have a method for gaining knowledge of these recipes other than experimentation (prior to 1.0.5 at least), but that still doesn't excuse it.

Recompiling the game to give yourself every item is also using 3rd party products - in this case, you are the third party(as well as the second), and the recompiled game is the product.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Cheating or no cheating, it's still anyone's right to choose whether to cheat or not, so as long as the other party isn't affected.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

By that logic, decompiling the game and giving yourself every item in the game doesn't count as cheating.
You used a decompiler to do this...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

She.

And I always cheat. Aaaaaalwaaaaays.
He... (checks profile) Look, mal... oh damn, female.

I hope it's not as irritating to girls to see "he" said towards them as it is irritating to boys to see "she" in regards to their names :P.

P.S. Seriously guys, what is this talk about cheating?

1) It's a sandbox game with a toggleable pvp, everyone gets fun how he wants. They may want to repeatedly jump in magma or use 9999 health. You lose nothing when they do it.

2) It's not a cheating. This (2) is a cheating, with all respect to the younger forum members. Grow some balls.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:02:18 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 887