Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261491 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Are all orbs smashed forever and no new ones happen?

To put it simply, yes. But you can always generate a new world to get more meteorites and vilethorns.
Does smashing additional orbs reset the roll for a meteor or does it summon a meteor if any of the rolls succeeded? The wiki claims a 50% chance, but 6 orbs later I've only had one meteor.
Umm... What? There is no roll.

OK! It works like this.

There are two Booleans  involved in orb smashing (not actual names, because I don't know them.) IsOrbSmashed=0, and IsMeteorSummoned=0. That's what they look like at the start of a new world. Now, what happens when you break an orb, is is checks both of those and if they are 0, makes them 1. Simple, right? Key phrase: Makes them one. You can't stack broken orbs and get half a dozen meteors all at once. When a meteor would fall (Midnight, I believe.) it checks IsMeteorSummoned to see if it's 1. If it is, it drops a meteor, and resets it to zero. IsOrbSmashed is never reset, but is used in a check at 4AM along with character's max health and a random chance to see if an invasion will come.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When a meteor would fall (Midnight, I believe.) it checks IsMeteorSummoned to see if it's 1. If it is, it drops a meteor, and resets it to zero.

No, there's a 50% chance of dropping a meteor. It's not guaranteed to happen. If it doesn't drop, it still sets it to 0, and there's no point in waiting around forever for it to happen if nothing drops. If you don't break any other orbs, it will still continue to roll for the random chance of dropping meteors once each day (which only starts happening after an orb has been broken).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like a lot of refining being done. Looks good.

But not enough new stuff to get me playing again just yet.

I'm not sure if that's the complete patch notes. There's probably more than that, though a lot of this update will be focused on gameplay balance.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When this likely happen?
Everybody!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

The patch will be out some Tuesday, unless development completely halts.

In other words, no one really knows. It'll be out when it's out.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lava Slimes will no longer burst into a pool of lava when killed

Don't get me wrong I support this (As Lava Slimes put a time limit on hell) but I am a bit surprised it was done.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Yeah, seeing as it's in the name and all. Maybe they'll make it do something else that makes you regret killing them in the wrong place, like exploding a la grenade for no tile damage.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't decide when to start playing again. When is the next major update?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Are all orbs smashed forever and no new ones happen?

To put it simply, yes. But you can always generate a new world to get more meteorites and vilethorns.
Does smashing additional orbs reset the roll for a meteor or does it summon a meteor if any of the rolls succeeded? The wiki claims a 50% chance, but 6 orbs later I've only had one meteor.

The first orb you smash raises a flag that allows a meteorite to fall down. The next orb doesn't call any meteorites, and the third orb summons the eater of worlds, still no meteorite. After the third orb, the amount of orbs smashed flag is reset, setting it back to zero. Then, when you smash an orb (the fourth) again, it summons another meteorite. Repeat ad infinitum.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't had a demolitionist in forever. Maybe I should make another extra room.
Everybody!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I haven't had a demolitionist in forever. Maybe I should make another extra room.

Make sure to light it up too.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Meteor Heads!

They come in waves and do 50 damage a hit! The worst part is I trekked to the edge of the map to get to the orbs, smashed one, then had the meteor land just as far away, IN the jungle. Under a flying island. Next to the corruption.

Harpies + Heads + Bats + Eaters.

I really hate flying things.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

40 damage/hit. Just enough to make you want to be prepared when you find it. Also, meteor heads should override any other spawns.

EDIT: Neonivek: The ones that appear at meteor impact sites and harrass you while you mine.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:31:40 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

40 damage/hit. Just enough to make you want to be prepared when you find it.

What Meteor heads?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I have not played it much but I spawned a new world after the herb update.

Got kinda lucky, there was a floating island right over my spawn point I saw as I was building the house and another one about 20 tiles over a nearby hill. I got enough silver to armor up plus a couple goodies without even having to dig.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 887