Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254521 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7185 on: December 12, 2011, 12:51:56 pm »

Whenever I use obsidian skin I'm at the very bottom of some hell building, mining ore and not caring about the lava left behind.

The surface of hell is when I break out water walking, before the highway is complete.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7186 on: December 12, 2011, 02:13:16 pm »

Yeah, obsidian skin pots. Funny thing is, I hardly encounter any enemies near magma when I have one active, but the second they wear off a hellbat shows up to knock me into the lava before I can take another swig. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.
Is there some reason you're in hell without an obsidian shield?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: December 12, 2011, 02:34:21 pm »

Obsidian shield only protects against hellstone blocks, not magma.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: December 12, 2011, 02:36:33 pm »

Yes it does.

Well, it wont keep magma from damaging you, but it'll keep you from falling in the magma in the first place.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: December 12, 2011, 02:37:10 pm »

Obsidian (or just plain cobalt, really) shields do prevent knockback, though. No getting knocked into said magma. e: Ninja'd.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: December 12, 2011, 02:39:20 pm »

Yay, just randomly I decided to fight the WoF maybe 6 or so times. I got me a Breaker Blade, 2 clockwork assault rifles, and a godly pwnhammer.

I placed alot of my extra winnings in the donation chests on Kael's server, if anyone's interested.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: December 12, 2011, 02:44:51 pm »

I never go down there before getting a cobalt shield at the very least, as it's practically essential if you want to Try Not To Die, and getting an obsidian skull (and combining them) was trivial for me since I dug my hellevator straight through every underground lake that I met, resulting in fully half of it being underwater, so that everywhere it opened into caverns with lava, it created natural obsidian farms. (I have a pump-based infinitely refilling one at my base, but I still have an entire stack of naturally harvested obsidian)

Of course, I had to make diving gear before I could actually traverse my hellevator without using gills potions. :P

As for statues, all I've found for useful statues are the king and queen statues, which I have in my throne room. :P

The clowns destroyed, literally, two of my dart shooter blocks (I had three on the side they attacked, and they blew them and a bunch of the terrain up, but only one was recoverable, along with tons of dirt and such).

My base itself is surrounded by, and a great deal of it built of, dungeon brick, and after the last blood moon brought clowns I tore up the top layers of dirt leading away from it and put down dungeon brick roads as well (and lamp posts on one side, which, interestingly, can be placed on wood platforms).

Demon scythe seems to work quite well underwater and against many of the hallowed enemies - especially chaos elementals. Interestingly, it doesn't work anywhere near as well against the corruption enemies (corruptors in particular require numerous demon scythe hits to be killed, taking a ludicrous amount of time), and crystal storm is more effective on them. I wonder if Terraria has damage types implemented and if certain hallowed and corruption enemies might be vulnerable or resistant to different ones.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: December 12, 2011, 02:47:43 pm »

May I ask what you mean by 'clowns'? I can't recall anything offhand that fits that description.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: December 12, 2011, 02:49:53 pm »

They show up during blood moons once you're in hard mode (and throw clown bombs).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: December 12, 2011, 02:50:54 pm »

And they blow shit up. And once you've killed one the clothier sells Kefka's outfit.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: December 12, 2011, 02:52:11 pm »

Kefka's outfit plus the most pimp hat in the game. Clown hat > all other hats.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7196 on: December 12, 2011, 02:53:19 pm »

Yes I know but he was talking about being knocked into the lava by a hellbat so what I said was valid. Cobalt shields aren't too hard to find. Obsidian skulls are incredibly easy to make. Combine the two with a goblin tinker's workshop.

Just sayin'

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: December 12, 2011, 04:00:58 pm »

Yes I know but he was talking about being knocked into the lava by a hellbat so what I said was valid. Cobalt shields aren't too hard to find. Obsidian skulls are incredibly easy to make. Combine the two with a goblin tinker's workshop.

Just sayin'

Yes, the two people who already corrected me let me know how wrong I was. I assumed since the original comment was about obsidian skin pots, an obsidian shield wouldn't be that useful.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: December 12, 2011, 04:37:50 pm »

Okay, I broke a purple ball in the corruption.
What dose that do?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: December 12, 2011, 04:45:56 pm »

Okay, I broke a purple ball in the corruption.
What dose that do?
50& chance of spawning a meteor on the next midnight and whatever items it dropped. Destroy three and you'll have some Fun.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 887