Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254335 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8085 on: January 06, 2012, 07:45:08 pm »

Dungeon brick is completely bomb-proof. You might say it's... 8) safe as houses.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: January 06, 2012, 08:09:20 pm »

Dungeon brick is completely bomb-proof. You might say it's... 8) safe as houses.
Dungeon brick WALLS, however, are not. On the vein of explosives, I want hellfire arrows to destroy bricks. Would make mining more fun.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: January 06, 2012, 08:20:39 pm »

I use grey brick walls with dungeon brick. Clowns haven't blown any up yet. Of course, their bombs usually bounce off, roll away from my active stone wall/doors, and explode harmlessly on the dungeon brick road leading away from my fortress. They did knock loose a bunch of my lamp posts (on that road), though.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:22:22 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: January 06, 2012, 08:49:18 pm »

looks like clowns are the world's dicks.
I blame the demoman for supplying them!
And then he had dialogue relating to that in the next update.
*Hugs*

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: January 06, 2012, 09:43:08 pm »

once I defeat the WoF, I'm making a dome of glass and placing some uncorruptible/hallowable blocks surrounding it, then having grass inside so I can have somewhere that is just normal.

or maybe I'll do this before, to make it easier.

Just live in the hallow! You sound like you need more true goodness in your heart.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: January 06, 2012, 10:50:23 pm »

Bad news is, thanks to a bad trio of clowns and a very large swarm of corrupters, my housing is soaked in lava and uninhabitable due to corruption. Need to rebuild before doing anymore attempts.

I have not had any direct bomb hits on my house yet, but have had a few close calls,

once I defeat the WoF, I'm making a dome of glass and placing some uncorruptible/hallowable blocks surrounding it, then having grass inside so I can have somewhere that is just normal.  or maybe I'll do this before, to make it easier.

Just live in the hallow!

I am so thankful that I made an entire alt-world for hardmode.  World4 is 4% hallow and 6% corrupt, and rock-steady because it's all firewalled off until I get around to destroying or converting it all.

It was hard enough firewalling all of the corruption, and then all of the hallowuption, without having to worry about downtime for inventory management, or enemies entering my main base, or mimes clowns destroying it, or biome changes near it, or....

I think I was lucky.  World4 had only one corruption area before hardmode.  And when I enabled hardmode, the corruption stripe came down from there toward the center of the map, crossing my 'vator, and the hallow stripe mostly went through the jungle so didn't do much at all.  It could have been much worse.

Also I have no surface hallow zones except an artificial hallow desert-on-stilts, and only the original corruption zone and an artificial corrupt desert-on-stilts.

So, you poor fools who hardmoded your homebase world:  Nyah nyah!  Phbbbbt!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: January 06, 2012, 11:15:27 pm »

WoF was notably easier than I expected, going by various posts on here. I'm full on life and magic, wearing molten armor. I came into the fight with full stacks of Lesser Healing/Restoration potions as well as the normal variant, sixteen fallen stars for my launcher, an assortment of arrows, a flower of fire, some other weapons, and a handful of potions. I had a runway of three stacks of ash.

I started the fight buffing and then firing off all of my stars. The flower of fire was mostly useless - it would just hit the bottom eye. I would use it mainly for clearing The Hungry. (Later I found that it doesn't matter - the eyes and the mouth share a life counter) Aside from those two, my main weapon was my molten bow. I used all of my unholy (65 or so) and Jester (150+) arrows and a number of hellstone arrows.

I ran off of my main runway and had to resort to a stretch of the lower runway that I created before realizing how much lava I would have to move to make it work.

TL;DR: I killed the WoF before any of my buffs ran out.

Then I Magic Mirror up to the surface. "The Blood Moon is rising..." Oh joy of joys.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: January 06, 2012, 11:37:39 pm »

I'll be honest: I don't regret it all. I have yet to have any damage to or infiltration of my base. For all intents and purposes beyond equipment, I may as well have never killed the WoF.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: January 06, 2012, 11:44:31 pm »

I'll be honest: I don't regret it all. I have yet to have any damage to or infiltration of my base. For all intents and purposes beyond equipment, I may as well have never killed the WoF.

Pretty similar here. Jungle to the west of the base that's quarantined from corruption by the hallow, and snow to the east of the base that's snow and therefore immune to everything. Clowns have blown two holes in my base so far, yeah, but those were quickly mended.

Just better equipment, more exciting adventuring, and the ability to splash holy water everywhere to spread the hallow. No regrets.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: January 07, 2012, 12:20:44 am »

You could have done the holy water thing without hardmode. All you'd need to do is import holy water.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: January 07, 2012, 01:54:31 am »

You could have done the holy water thing without hardmode. All you'd need to do is import holy water.

Does the hallow spread in non-hardmode? I know enemies don't spawn there.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: January 07, 2012, 01:57:03 am »

Does the hallow spread in non-hardmode? I know enemies don't spawn there.
Yes, it does spread but only in the way that corruption spreads in non-hardmode, meaning that it gets blocked by stone and other stuff.

Also, finally got my Angel Wings. Farming for souls is actually really annoying.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: January 07, 2012, 06:18:29 am »

I'm curious.

Yesterday I was running around the underworld, having fun, then suddenly I see a jungle bat. Mind explaining that to me, guys?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8098 on: January 07, 2012, 06:46:28 am »

I'm curious.

Yesterday I was running around the underworld, having fun, then suddenly I see a jungle bat. Mind explaining that to me, guys?
jungles grow underground as well.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: January 07, 2012, 08:01:19 am »

I'm curious.

jungles grow underground as well.

And they take much more space than aboveground because they have (roughly) diamond shape.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 887