Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254241 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8190 on: January 12, 2012, 11:23:11 am »

I kind of wish there was a way to mod Terraria a bit. I had an idea for a hub world of sorts with hidden gateways to other worlds scattered around. Step into a gateway, you connect to another server on a different port. Would be interesting, especially if the maps were prebuilt and/or seeded with fun stuff.

There are ways to mod terraria, but that is far outside what is possible.
Yes I know, hence my wishing. :)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: January 14, 2012, 07:21:13 pm »

Using the burning block exploit, I've managed to kill both the Twins and Skeletron Prime. My accessories were: Band of Regeneration, Cobalt Shield, Ranger Emblem, Spectre Boots and Cross Necklace and I just used Megashark+Crystal Bullets with the full Ranged Adamantite set.
Megashark+Ranged Adamantite Set is pretty ridiculous because you only use ammo 1 times out of 4.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8192 on: January 14, 2012, 07:50:48 pm »

After playing some Metroid Fusion, I suddenly got an idea to make a sort of place similar in purpose as that game's main location; complete with all forms of biomes, corrupt, normal, and aether/holy, and so on. There would also be limited complexity to allow for better enemy spawning as well as natural vegetation and so on.

So far, I've completed the main housing, and got an idea of where to place a farming/greenhouse (including glowing shroom farm) and a tresury/storage area for the 'main crew' to be stationed (within the original spawn-point of the map. I used a magic mirror to confirm the location (had it from an old profile; actually much of the material used was from my old profiles and maps) so that nothing is lost of affected by warping home. Turns out I placed the front door RIGHT at the spawnpoint area, and everything worked out from there.

Granted, I'm not going to remake any of the biome vaults from Metroid Fusion, but I am making artificial biomes with an above and underground variant wherever possible. I'll even hunt for the elusive and recreate them if I must (beaches, aether), including making a corrupt variant of them along with underground variants.

What's the purpose of this? I thought it would be neat. Plus, if you need certain raw materials created by creature spawns and natural growths, why not? These can also work as hunting grounds and boss arenas.

EDIT:
Would be pretty cool if someone can setup a server and we can make a coordinated effort in building something like this together. I have my own project like this that I might have the assistance from my brother working on from time to time on. At least, I have a design structure system I have in mind, and a pretty decent world build while at it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:54:44 pm by Itnetlolor »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8194 on: January 15, 2012, 11:53:10 am »

Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8195 on: January 15, 2012, 11:56:26 am »

Would be pretty cool if someone can setup a server and we can make a coordinated effort in building something like this together. I have my own project like this that I might have the assistance from my brother working on from time to time on. At least, I have a design structure system I have in mind, and a pretty decent world build while at it.
I have a server that stays up 24x7. If you'd like to organize such a project I'm fine with it. PM me for the info

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: January 15, 2012, 02:02:21 pm »

Sir, I need to speak to your architect. I want to hire that person.

Welp, if you're interested, I can post the save file... later, since I'm away from the computer, at the moment.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8197 on: January 15, 2012, 04:12:02 pm »

I tried very hard to kill the twins honestly.

Then I created a new world and raided it for heart statues, and even with 3 of them in my battle arena that wasn't enough.

I used the meteorite floor and cross necklace trick and it turned so easy I killed them 3 times the first night.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: January 15, 2012, 05:48:48 pm »

Dyaaamn, I simply love the details. I'm in awe for your skills, New Guy :D

*architectural bro-fist*
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: January 15, 2012, 07:02:29 pm »

So, I noticed a lot of people are succumbing to the 'meteorite trick'.

However, I beat the Twins without it, or even a health statue on repeat.

Spoiler: Boss Arena (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:04:02 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: January 15, 2012, 07:08:53 pm »

Regarding the nurse:

You can actually keep her about 99% safe throughout the battle. Make a spawn point about, mmmm, 6-7 screens from the main arena, and make sure the path between them is clear. Pave the whole thing in adamantite if you need to, just keep it clear and smooth. Use the magic mirror midfight to teleport to her, heal up, then run back to the arena. Worst case, you run into the boss you're fighting halfway there and have to dodge a bit getting back in.

Edit: I think I broke my world.

It started with an attempt to flood hell. I've noticed that a few of my water drops last for a few minutes down there, so the plan was to make a series of massive reservoirs, separated with active stone blocks, and a 50 pump water duplicator at the top, to continuously drop large chunks of water down there.

First oddity was that my initial reservoir didn't drain at all through the 2 block hole in the bottom. Well, not quite right. It drained, but it never emptied, not a square, without the pumps running. Now, the water getting close to hell in my screen wide, all the way to hell watertrap is starting to stack funnily. Its not flowing, water is being treated like dirt by itself and flowing around it.

alright, I died due to explosive's and drowning, and my tank emptied out instantly. Good news, there is a lot of water in hell, not enough, but a lot. So I might do this.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:40:18 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8201 on: January 16, 2012, 08:38:33 pm »

Well, I reached the endgame and now what? The action isn't that compelling. I might be able to build some castles, but meh?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:42 pm »

Well, I reached the endgame and now what? The action isn't that compelling. I might be able to build some castles, but meh?

Join multiplayer servers
Do PvP if you can
Start again and do it with friends
Build something advanced or join the bay 12 server

There are plenty of things to do, you just have to do them
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: January 16, 2012, 09:51:44 pm »

My friend and I started over, both playing hardcore characters, and are having a blast. We're getting close to demonite armor now.

Of course, if you die a lot, maybe that won't be for you.

My friend also suggested the idea of starting over and being unable to dig through stone-like substances(except for ores). Not sure if that would be fun or not, but you would have to use liberal amounts of !explosives!.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: January 16, 2012, 10:48:40 pm »

Sounds like an interesting challenge. Not at all impossible though, as usually there's at least one, if not more caves that can snake really, really deeply. Some can reach Hell. Don't even need to use explosives in those cases, though that'd be an extra challenge to go without.

Though if you need a way down, you can use the jungle as a way down since that's all mud. At least, so long as that's in keeping with the rules.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 887