Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254312 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8895 on: September 10, 2012, 11:37:40 pm »

I'm assuming it's going to be in the upcoming leaked Humble Bundle. Maybe we'll see a small celebration patch but I doubt it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: September 11, 2012, 12:07:21 am »

I came back to Terraria after almost a year long haitus, only to find that once I re-installed it with the newest version (1.1.2), the game lagggggggs, even when using the bare minimum.  No background, smallest window size, doesn't matter. I get less than 9FPS.  I've tried changing the video settings in-game, I've tried editing them in the Nvidia Control Panel, I've un-installed and re-installed, and still the game lags atrociously; and it used to run just fine.

Any ideas that could be useful? According to my tools, the game doesn't even use 20% of my 4GBs of RAM, and yet it maxes out my GPU clock on a Nvidia GTX 465, which runs Skyrim in HIGH.  This is just absurd.
Turn clouds off.  Seriously, the clouds.  If you manage to get down into the stone level, you'll see FPS skyrocket because it stops rendering the clouds and the backgrounds.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: September 11, 2012, 12:10:21 am »

I came back to Terraria after almost a year long haitus, only to find that once I re-installed it with the newest version (1.1.2), the game lagggggggs, even when using the bare minimum.  No background, smallest window size, doesn't matter. I get less than 9FPS.  I've tried changing the video settings in-game, I've tried editing them in the Nvidia Control Panel, I've un-installed and re-installed, and still the game lags atrociously; and it used to run just fine.

Any ideas that could be useful? According to my tools, the game doesn't even use 20% of my 4GBs of RAM, and yet it maxes out my GPU clock on a Nvidia GTX 465, which runs Skyrim in HIGH.  This is just absurd.

No doubt it is because one of the later patches quadrupled the amount of lighting information each block stored.

Im sure you already tried it, but I set my lighting mode (or similar, cant remember the option name; it's been months) to classic and it ran decently. Not like it did before the patch, but reasonable even on a shitty laptop.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #8898 on: September 11, 2012, 07:04:29 am »

Yeah, even your world. We could as well all make mediumcore characters, as that would be the same, except for the entire "remake your character from scrap" thing i think. I'm quite proud of my albino dwarf.
Well with mediumcore you keep your accumulated hp/mana I believe.

I think you lose those as well, though don't quote me on it.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: September 11, 2012, 09:15:52 am »

Meh.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8900 on: September 11, 2012, 09:17:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meh.
That's the announcement? Who the hell cares? Bleh
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:23:31 am by forsaken1111 »

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: September 11, 2012, 09:21:09 am »

There will also be new content. I just hope that the new content will find its way to the PC. And MP Terraria could be a fun couch coop game, like Minecraft (if they include such a thing).
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8902 on: September 11, 2012, 09:29:50 am »

Yeah, porting it to console is just. Eh.

I don't plan on buying it again anyway.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: September 11, 2012, 10:00:05 am »

Yes! Finally, Terraria played the way it was meant to be! Sitting on a couch! With a gamepad! And split-screen multiplayer!

Wait what

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: September 11, 2012, 10:05:01 am »

Meh.  They're gonna announce some new clothing options or something.  Nothing about this hints at being "big".
QTF.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #8905 on: September 11, 2012, 10:20:49 am »

Well, they said something is bubbling in the Terraria pot...and as we all know it, a mere sound of bubbling does not make a satisfying soup, mhm mhm. *strokes beard*

In other news: ...damn vulture. Should have know not to try my luck with my starting equipment.
Otherwise the server seems very nice. It's only now that I realize how much different Terraria can be with more than just one person randomly assembling blocks here and there.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: September 11, 2012, 10:26:29 am »

Well, they said something is bubbling in the Terraria pot...and as we all know it, a mere sound of bubbling does not make a satisfying soup, mhm mhm. *strokes beard*

It tends to mean they are overcooking the soup.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: September 11, 2012, 10:32:13 am »

Poorly, I'd have to guess.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: September 11, 2012, 10:32:57 am »

Poorly, I'd have to guess.

Yes but will it by Skyrim on PC poorly?

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: September 11, 2012, 10:35:16 am »

Whats that strange buzz in my ear? can anyone else hear it? oh yeah, i can grasp it now, its the sound of million of people simultaneously meh'ing this all over the globe.
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 887