Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254311 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9345 on: September 23, 2013, 10:43:24 am »

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: September 23, 2013, 11:06:53 pm »

Oh gods, we were getting creamed in the dungeon. 

I hope you've gone back and looted all those unlocked gold chests.
I've looted some of them and also about four of the locked gold chests. I've got a massive muramasa to show for that bit of spelunking, plus two regular muramasa. I sold one and kept the other as I really could use the money for wire. Then again I harvested about 150 wire from the Dungeon this evening so I might be fine for a while.

Also thanks to accessories and full demonite armor my main has 35 defense. That's pretty good right?

Oh gods, we were getting creamed in the dungeon. 

I hope you've gone back and looted all those unlocked gold chests.
We really need a repository of all the Bay12 public servers :/

I'll put mine in a list somewhere if we get one going. However my server isn't dedicated as that might be something I am unable to do at this time. I'll need either a third computer or a RAM upgrade before I can run a dedicated server.

The same thing still applies for the time being though - if you want to play with me contact me on Steam. I'm usually at my computer most of the day everyday, with some exceptions. Furthermore if you guys want to do a games night with Terraria once in a while I can perhaps host if asked to do so.

- edit -

Necro the old thread :P

It was locked because of escaped lunatics advertising their Terraria servers.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:12:01 pm by MadMalkavian »
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: September 23, 2013, 11:41:41 pm »

So it was, hrm. Kick peewee awake and unlock it, ha. Or just start a new one, either/neither/or.

As for 35 defense, weeellll... that's definitely pretty comfortable for non-hard mode, haha. You'd still probably want ironskin (potions in general are great, farm farm farm) if you're soloing the wall (iirc it's either 30 or 40, maybe 45 to take 1 damage from one of its more dangerous attacks), but it takes, what, 50-60 (more?) to be able to coast around hard mode without much trouble. Stuff hits hard in hard mode. Top tier armor and full warding accessories and you still get pretty tanky, though. Still, if you want to kick it up another... half dozen? Flat ten? Something like that. Notches, brew up some obsidian skin potions and maybe some gills potions and go get a few stacks of hellstone (Think you need somewhere between 2-300 ore to get a full molten suit, which is a stack and some change). Underworld's pretty safe if you're under lava, heh.

Critter I've got running around in a mod game (dark souls one) currently idles at 79... and still gets his face punched in by any hard mode boss, some non-hard bosses (freaking jungle wyvern ><), and frankly half the hard mode mobs if they get close enough to get a hit in. And stuff like that bloody necromancer elemental...

... I'd never seen 10-15 chaos elementals on screen at the same time. It... it's pretty brutal. And colorful. And laggy. Which describes the mod in general, really, for all that it's pretty well done, imo.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:46:04 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: September 24, 2013, 01:56:32 am »

Well with Shakerag's help and my efforts at draining an underground lake into the Underworld my main now has full molten armor and an unpleasant phoenix blaster. With that armor and his current accessories he's got 41 defense.

Also what would happen if I tried to drain an ocean into the Underworld? !!FUN!!?
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: September 24, 2013, 02:35:04 am »

Water disappears when applied to Hell. Evaporation, ho!
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: September 24, 2013, 03:15:07 am »

I think if there's enough of it it'll pave over some parts with obsidian first, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: September 24, 2013, 03:27:08 am »

I think if there's enough of it it'll pave over some parts with obsidian first, though.
Delicious Obsidian..

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: September 24, 2013, 09:01:38 am »

Well with Shakerag's help and my efforts at draining an underground lake into the Underworld my main now has full molten armor and an unpleasant phoenix blaster. With that armor and his current accessories he's got 41 defense.

Also what would happen if I tried to drain an ocean into the Underworld? !!FUN!!?
I tried that on one world of mine, and all it did is make it so that the world takes for-fucking-ever to load due to trying to settle the water.  Plugging the hole didn't seem to help any.  Also, plugging the hole didn't seem to refill the ocean >_>

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: September 24, 2013, 09:06:35 am »

if you want to stop lag i find the best way is to plug it in multiple locations (like every screen or so), so that the game doesnt have to calculate all that pathfinding or whatever.

ive managed to lag most servers ive been on with water, so im quite experienced :D

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: September 24, 2013, 03:06:52 pm »

So in other words do it if I want obsidian, don't do it if I want to loot the ocean and remain as latency-free as possible. I'll keep that in mind.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: September 24, 2013, 04:02:24 pm »

Just find a big pocket of water in the caverns and drill up from underneath.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: September 24, 2013, 04:37:13 pm »

Man, I remember back in the day when draining oceans into hell worked. Those were good times.
Grumble grumble stupid evaporation
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: September 24, 2013, 04:57:03 pm »

Man, I remember back in the day when draining oceans into hell worked. Those were good times.
Oh you just make infinite water and fill up hell good times.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: September 24, 2013, 11:30:48 pm »

Critter I've got running around in a mod game (dark souls one) currently idles at 79... and still gets his face punched in by any hard mode boss, some non-hard bosses (freaking jungle wyvern ><), and frankly half the hard mode mobs if they get close enough to get a hit in.
... things became notably more viable when my idle defense jumped to 121 >_> Though I'm really rather slow for it and... I've got a 150% reduction to ranged and magic damage because of it. Yes, that means they just do absolutely nothing. The projectiles pass right through enemies without doing damage. Which is less of an issue when one of my weapons basically spams wall piercing boomerang swords, but...

Though one of the (eleven, though I've only fought two, so far) new hard mode bosses still just about killed me, haha. Even with crazy weapons it takes a while to chew through a 35k hp mechawyvern (note: that was the supporting boss for that fight. The actual boss was kinda' puny, haha).
Ask not!
Ask!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: September 24, 2013, 11:47:01 pm »

Oh you just make infinite water and fill up hell good times.
I remember back on one of the early Bay12 servers, I tried to secretly make a super doomsday infinite magma lake to destroy the entire world. I managed to complete it, and then I logged off.

Clearly it wasn't secret enough because when I got back on the world was apparently destroyed with my creation and they had to roll back.

I don't think you can create infinite magma any more though.
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 887