Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261661 times)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9435 on: September 27, 2013, 02:40:35 pm »

Would you rather watch an entertaining bunch of uncompetent yet charming(sometimes) fools or a quiet and boring professional that only occasionally remembers he is suppoused to talk over what he does?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: September 27, 2013, 02:42:25 pm »

... speaking of Yrimir, his latest preview video, of the snowcannon... confirms spiders on the surface >_>

Poor Tiruin. Nowhere is safe.

Would you rather watch an entertaining bunch of uncompetent yet charming(sometimes) fools or a quiet and boring professional that only occasionally remembers he is suppoused to talk over what he does?
Generally the latter, honestly. Incompetency is only really bearable when it's followed by improvement, at least in regards to gaming. Otherwise it just gets painful to watch, and not a good pain.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: September 27, 2013, 02:43:21 pm »

At least the latter wouldn't give feelings of "oh god how are they so bad". I could live with a lack of commentary.

The best thing would be an entertaining professional that remembers he is supposed to talk over what he does when it's appropriate to do so, though. heh.

ninja'dedit: Basially what Frumple said there. Watching competent play is rewarding in its own way. Incompetent play, when you /know/ that it's incompetent play, is just...urgh.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9438 on: September 27, 2013, 02:44:19 pm »

Apparently nobody understands what 'please make a new character' and 'don't activate hardmode' means so I've shut the server down. Come 1.2 I'll be starting a new one not open to the public. Glad you guys felt it was amusing to fuck up the server, you won't be playing on the new one.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: September 27, 2013, 02:48:15 pm »

Forsaken, we've spent the last seven or so hours being pissed about the unknown guy who came in and screwed stuff up. I daresay the majority of us were just as angry as you are.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9440 on: September 27, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »

Forsaken, we've spent the last seven or so hours being pissed about the unknown guy who came in and screwed stuff up. I daresay the majority of us were just as angry as you are.
Indeed. Comment was directed at whoever did it. I know most of you wouldn't.

Its all fine, it was a temp world anyway and I'm not worried about it tbh. If it was important I'd have been more selective on who I let in.

What this does mean is I'll probably just start the 1.2 server up fresh on Tuesday with new characters instead of the previously planned head start. There should be enough new stuff to make it interesting.

Screw that. I'm starting up a new world which will be password protected. PM me for the password and do not share it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:54:30 pm by forsaken1111 »

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: September 27, 2013, 02:56:30 pm »

Well, imagine you're a 12-14 year old that sits on facebook and youtube every day after school. And imagine you're that teenager, and you really like video games and think that you're good at them. So you watch those funny youtubers, laughing at them and thinking 'oh I am so much better than those n00bz ololol'. That's the secret for success of these guys.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9442 on: September 27, 2013, 02:58:01 pm »

Well, imagine you're a 12-14 year old that sits on facebook and youtube every day after school. And imagine you're that teenager, and you really like video games and think that you're good at them. So you watch those funny youtubers, laughing at them and thinking 'oh I am so much better than those n00bz ololol'. That's the secret for success of these guys.
Indeed. I won't let the teenage terrorists win. :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: September 27, 2013, 03:00:22 pm »

On a better note totalbiscuit and Jessie cox have restarted there terraira series.
YESSSSSS.
Sirus, I linked that video before forsaken started the server, before that post even. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: September 27, 2013, 03:01:16 pm »

Where's the charming talkative competent professional?

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: September 27, 2013, 03:01:32 pm »

I logged on with a character that already had a bunch of stuff but it was only right before the server was taken down. Was hoping to take a look around before the map was reset.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: September 27, 2013, 03:02:38 pm »

Sirus, I linked that video before forsaken started the server, before that post even. ::)
It's up to three episodes, too! They discover chains and ropes, and show off the snow biome a little, and a few other things. And die, of course. That's about all that happens.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: September 27, 2013, 03:03:32 pm »

Ah, minor commentary on let's plays with the TB/Cox thing...

They do that because it's what gets views. I like TB, but mostly when he's being a snarky commentator or doing the WTF is? segments. If they got a better following by being consummate professionals, they'd do that.

Frankly the best LP I've seen was one of one of the GBA Castlevania games where the LP'er recorded his skilled play and then did a voice-over narration that gave the history of the games, criticism of that title, and an in-depth discussion of the mechanics involved with particular setups and exploit methods. 10/10.

However, most LP's seem to be uh, like people playing er, hard games and hold on this parts hard let me just.... Ah. Yeah so most LP's aren't uh, like engaging and er, maybe not my thing.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9448 on: September 27, 2013, 03:07:38 pm »

I logged on with a character that already had a bunch of stuff but it was only right before the server was taken down. Was hoping to take a look around before the map was reset.
Yeah sorry about that. At the time I was annoyed and not in the mood to talk. You're welcome on the new server with a character you started on the previous world provided you have no hardmode gear.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: September 27, 2013, 03:19:58 pm »

Darkmere, do you know where/who that LP was?

It's up to three episodes, too! They discover chains and ropes, and show off the snow biome a little, and a few other things. And die, of course. That's about all that happens.
That much progress or lack of sounds about right for them playing Terraria. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 887