Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254432 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10080 on: October 06, 2013, 08:40:10 am »

Alright. In my singleplayer run for 1.2 I'm at the point where I can reliably kill EoW. Woo

Demonite armor, waterbolt, phaseblade, vilethorn. Think I can take skeletron? (220 hp, 220 mana)
I took the Skeletron with roughly that much this time, even less mana. Where'd you get the Waterbolt if you haven't been to the Dungeon?

I think my preferred weapon for the fight was the Crimson spear (forget how it's called.. The Unpleasant Fork, I think) and the Tendon Bow with flaming arrows (that I'm still using as my backup ranged weapon). Not sure if the Corruption equivalents can hold up as well.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10081 on: October 06, 2013, 08:42:21 am »

Alright. In my singleplayer run for 1.2 I'm at the point where I can reliably kill EoW. Woo

Demonite armor, waterbolt, phaseblade, vilethorn. Think I can take skeletron? (220 hp, 220 mana)
I took the Skeletron with roughly that much this time, even less mana. Where'd you get the Waterbolt if you haven't been to the Dungeon?

I think my preferred weapon for the fight was the Crimson spear (forget how it's called.. The Unpleasant Fork, I think) and the Tendon Bow with flaming arrows (that I'm still using as my backup ranged weapon). Not sure if the Corruption equivalents can hold up as well.
I always check the bookshelves in the dungeon around the top. You can often get a waterbolt without going so deep the guardian kills you.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: October 06, 2013, 09:39:27 am »

Alright, so I think I'm gonna host a server specifically for Shroomite harvesting.  It'll go pretty simply - turn on hardmode, then get lots of dynamite and simply demolish the jungle.  The only thing left intact should be the temple and the ore.  Once it's all demolished down to hell, then we'll start harvesting and see how much the world has.

Dynamite costs 1g50s, so a stack of 5 costs 7.5g and a plat will get you like 66 and change.  I'm willing to gen a small world and throw in all my money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: October 06, 2013, 09:44:05 am »

I'm game. Just throw me the IP address, ya?

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: October 06, 2013, 09:48:27 am »

I'd be happy to join in on the bomb-the-jungle project.

EDIT: I could also donate a spare guide voodoo doll so we can get waffles dead straight away.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:53:26 am by Baneling »
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: October 06, 2013, 09:50:45 am »

:O got a suspicious looking eye in a chest while spelunking, now i just need to craft a good armor and weapons (platinum) in order to fight the eye, found 2 crytal hearts in an ice cave, now im worried about blood moons D: i havent made an aerial base yet.....

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: October 06, 2013, 09:51:38 am »

Alright, so I think I'm gonna host a server specifically for Shroomite harvesting.  It'll go pretty simply - turn on hardmode, then get lots of dynamite and simply demolish the jungle.  The only thing left intact should be the temple and the ore.  Once it's all demolished down to hell, then we'll start harvesting and see how much the world has.

Dynamite costs 1g50s, so a stack of 5 costs 7.5g and a plat will get you like 66 and change.  I'm willing to gen a small world and throw in all my money.

Don't bother with dynamite.  I know explosives (eliminated the surface corruption on my old world through excessive use of them), and by far the most cost-efficient is the regular ol' bomb.  3 silver for an explosion that goes off faster (meaning less waiting in between throws) and is only moderately smaller.  Plus, you can make them into sticky bombs for attaching to those hard-to-reach places, like the mid-air chunks that frequently get left behind

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: October 06, 2013, 10:00:11 am »

Alright, I'm poor at internet, so the game is over Hamachi, under the network "Terraria-Destro" and password "Toady".  To connect, just use the Hamachi-IP of "E-PC" (that's me) and port 7777.

It has room for 4 people, but if needed I can add another network and it'll just expand :P

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: October 06, 2013, 10:04:21 am »

I think I broke it by connecting. Sorry. :(

EDIT: Nope I just internet failed disregard that
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: October 06, 2013, 10:10:21 am »

Welp, I found the Infinity +1 Sword. The Book of Skulls. It kills EVERYTHING.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: October 06, 2013, 10:53:24 am »

I use bone wings... don't ask how they work.
Crack-a-lack-a

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: October 06, 2013, 11:29:35 am »

Well, we attempted the jungle bombing!  Started the world, hellevated, Hardmode, and then brought bombs and rockets to clear out the jungle.  Turns out the tooltip is right, it does need to 'grow' the ore.  It seems to place single tiles of Chloro at various places, and it'll grow over time.  Since we rushed it so hard, there wasn't any.

I'll generated another world to hardmode and let it sit and grow.  Then stock it up with rockets, launchers, and other goodies so we can hit it hard and fast.  Probably set up some sort of grid-like pattern to control the blasting, placing hellevators lined with dungeon brick every 100-200 tiles, so we can blow through chunks at a time.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: October 06, 2013, 11:36:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10093 on: October 06, 2013, 11:39:01 am »

Why would one bomb the jungle?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: October 06, 2013, 11:39:59 am »

What... you made the demolitionist proud!
Crack-a-lack-a
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 887