Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254400 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10785 on: October 15, 2013, 11:15:52 pm »

Plantera is too much of a pain to fight underground. They say it is slow, but it's still faster then you. And it's the only boss that decides to sit right on top of you. Now I need to kill...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also,

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: October 15, 2013, 11:28:38 pm »

Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: October 15, 2013, 11:32:34 pm »

Anyone fooled with TEdit for 1.2 yet? I think I've hit saturation point for doing everything by hand, but I don't really want to fool with workarounds and missing tiles and such.

Yeah, but I haven't used it to edit anything (aside from moving one chest). After searching 6 or so worlds without finding boots of water walking or pyramids, I started using TEdit to look for both on new worlds, and then when I finally found boots of water walking in an ocean in TEdit, it wasn't visible in-game. So I copied and pasted the chest into the actually visible part of the map. (Despite what the wiki says, changing lighting mode didn't make the hidden tiles visible)

On that note, the wiki also says that crimson does not spread in corrupt-worlds at all! :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: October 16, 2013, 08:04:35 am »

Terraria is 75% right now, $2.49 or $7.49 for a 4-pack (yes, you could buy 5 copies for the price of 1).

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:35 am »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: October 16, 2013, 10:14:26 am »

You don't even need to do that Ivanfan. Just keep moving. It doesn't track.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: October 16, 2013, 10:17:06 am »

Guys, should I use starcannon fro the twins? I got ~150 stars

You need a lot more ammo.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: October 16, 2013, 10:18:30 am »

Pretty much the biggest reason to never use that gun unless you're hacking stars into your inventory.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: October 16, 2013, 10:21:14 am »

Pretty much the biggest reason to never use that gun unless you're hacking stars into your inventory.

It is alright if you are collecting stars you find.

Once you hit several 999 stacks, you can use it for a bit.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: October 16, 2013, 10:22:46 am »

Bro do you even skybridge?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10795 on: October 16, 2013, 10:26:30 am »

That's... kind of the same silly reason as the reason not to use platinum coins as ammo.

If you're swimming in the things, there's no reason they can't be used as ammo.

Plus if the Wiki is correct, with the right setup the stars become reusable.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10796 on: October 16, 2013, 10:35:39 am »

They do, but it's a bit finicky.  It does help though.  Plus, the normal ammo conservation percentages apply (this does make it possible to generate stars from nothing, when used with the exploit).

Also, either it's just me or falling star rates have been VASTLY increased from 1.1 days.  I've found myself gathering a far larger surplus than I can remember having before.

It is alright if you are collecting stars you find.

Once you hit several 999 stacks, you can use it for a bit.

That would be slightly difficult, seeing as stars only stack to 100...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: October 16, 2013, 10:40:33 am »

They probably were. On Large worlds I tend to end up with upwards of fifteen stars just traveling from the spawnpoint to the Dungeon. Twenty-something on especially egregious nights.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10798 on: October 16, 2013, 10:43:23 am »

They probably were. On Large worlds I tend to end up with upwards of fifteen stars just traveling from the spawnpoint to the Dungeon. Twenty-something on especially egregious nights.
Your time of travel matters.  If you can make it to the dungeon just at dawn, then there's the whole night for stars to fall.  If you arrive at midnight, then half the night is still ahead.

Anyone know if you can use the grappling hook teleporter trick on a skybridge to collect massive stars?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: October 16, 2013, 11:01:04 am »

Your time of travel matters.  If you can make it to the dungeon just at dawn, then there's the whole night for stars to fall.  If you arrive at midnight, then half the night is still ahead.

Anyone know if you can use the grappling hook teleporter trick on a skybridge to collect massive stars?
You could just pave the bridge with asphalt... or ice.

The Eater of Worlds is supposedly bugged and drops the Solidifier instead of the... whatever it was supposed to rarely drop. So I think I know what I'll be doing for the next few hours. :P

Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 887