Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254238 times)

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10815 on: October 16, 2013, 03:30:54 pm »

I know the extractinator is supposed to be super rare, but I just built a hellrope on a large world and explored twenty or so house-things, half of which were in the ice biome. I still have yet to get one.

A few days ago, Zisteau (do a YouTube search) found two in the same video from, IIRC, chests found while running across the surface.

Oh well. When I eventually get one, I'll have more than a full stack of either of the materials it takes.
They're not supposed to be. They can be found in just about any cave chest. I've found a bunch in my main world so far, but I literally didn't even find a Cloud in a Bottle (or other variant) until about 20 minutes before I finally activated hardmode.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: October 16, 2013, 03:59:43 pm »

Aren't they supposed to have some fraction of a percent chance of spawning per chest?

I don't have wiki access right now, but I thought it said something to that effect, and that it was only in certain types of chests (specifically ice and underground house or something like that).

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: October 16, 2013, 04:33:52 pm »

Aren't they supposed to have some fraction of a percent chance of spawning per chest?

I don't have wiki access right now, but I thought it said something to that effect, and that it was only in certain types of chests (specifically ice and underground house or something like that).

Yes, they have a fixed percent chance of spawning, or so the wiki would lead me to believe.
The chests in underground cabins contain loot that is no different from the loot you would find in a chest not in the cabin, but is dependent on the biome the cabin spawned in (For example, an ice chest in a cabin would give me stuff from the same loot table as an ice chest in an ice cave, etc). It's just that you're guaranteed to find a chest in a cabin.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: October 16, 2013, 04:39:19 pm »

The first boss you will face will probably be the Eye of Cthulu which will spawn once you get 200 health.
Specifically, 200+ HP, 10+ defense, and 3+ NPCs, at which point it has a 1/3 chance of spawning each night until you kill it. (You'll get a message about an evil presence watching you)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: October 16, 2013, 07:03:07 pm »

Are you supposed to be able to find blend-o-matics on EOWs?
Crack-a-lack-a

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10820 on: October 16, 2013, 07:06:18 pm »

Are you supposed to be able to find blend-o-matics on EOWs?
Yep. Its rare but he does drop em

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: October 16, 2013, 07:16:47 pm »

Well you're not supposed to, but he does drop it. It's supposed to be a pet item, I think.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: October 16, 2013, 08:17:21 pm »

I was unaware that you could get two goblin sieges at the same time.

One of the first gobbos I slaughtered dropped a harpoon gun. The rest of the two sieges was a cakewalk.

And... now that I look it up in the Terrariapedia, I found that it auto-fires. That would have been useful to know earlier.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: October 16, 2013, 11:29:46 pm »

About picking up stars while travelling at ludicrous speed on a skybridge, if you're going too fast they'll fly up towards you, but you'll zoom past them too fast for them to make it to the point where they would get sucked into your inventory. (You can hit this speed without the teleporter exploit. Latency to the server, if you're playing on one, may lower the speed at which it happens (or rather, make it take longer before they pop up and start seeking towards you))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:35:16 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: October 17, 2013, 10:16:11 am »

So... I got Terraria on the latest steam sale. Anyone know a good noob server to join?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10825 on: October 17, 2013, 10:17:15 am »

http://www.terrariaonline-servers.com/
lists all the active servers

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: October 17, 2013, 10:21:53 am »

Singleplayer is best noob server.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: October 17, 2013, 10:23:00 am »

Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: October 18, 2013, 12:26:36 am »

I beat Skeletron Prime finally. He jumps me when I'm trying to make potions, I hurry to kite him away from my npcs, and I spend the rest of the night plinking his health down with the megashark, all while making mad dashes back and forth across the desert to avoid his attacks. Yay unplanned victories.

I couldn't find a plantera bulb, so I just teleported into the Temple. I got my ass handed to me by the golem but that's ok, I got him down to like 3000 health and I still got an Uzi out of the venture. Though I'm not sure how it measures up to the Shark.

But I guess that's everything I can do. Time to put this game down for another year.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: October 18, 2013, 12:41:21 am »

I dunno what problems you guys are having with the Golem. I just set up a wall thing so that there's a large gap but not large enough for him to walk through, then I'm up on an incline behind it and I just murder his ass with a tacshot and chlorophyte bullets. Didn't have any problem at all.
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 887