Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261565 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11520 on: July 01, 2015, 02:47:31 pm »

Are there any new potions or accessories to help find chests? I know that there is the treasure hunting potion, but I was hoping for something more radar-y, maybe gives a general direction or warmth feeling as to how close the nearest treasure chest is.

There is an equippable trinket that says on the tin that it reveals the most precious metal nearby.
What it actually does: it does not actually show you the location of ores, but it gives a text message below the minimap that tells you 'metal x is nearby'.
It also detects chests. Same thing; text line saying 'you detect the prescence of a chest nearby'. Note that this includes looted chests, and any player constructed chests.

The best item I've found so far in early game is a food trough which summons a flying piggybank to your location. I will never need to build a platform to put a piggy bank on anymore, this is so much more convenient :)

Oh, and did anyone notice that you do not need to bash out natural dirt wall anymore to replace it with other background? Wall tiles can be placed over it straight away (provided there is a connection to already constructed background walls or air). Too bad it does not combine fully with using ctrl key. You still have to mousecursor over every tile.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 02:50:42 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11521 on: July 01, 2015, 03:15:35 pm »

Oh, and did anyone notice that you do not need to bash out natural dirt wall anymore to replace it with other background? Wall tiles can be placed over it straight away (provided there is a connection to already constructed background walls or air). Too bad it does not combine fully with using ctrl key. You still have to mousecursor over every tile.
Just noticed that today. Works to replace constructed walls with other constructed walls too. Makes redecorating a breeze.

I love the new functionality of banners. Has anyone tested to see if the bonus stacks?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11522 on: July 01, 2015, 04:11:44 pm »

"Stack in nearby chests" works even on unstackable items, if there is free space in chest with a similar item. It can be botherful if you didn't favorite your common use items such as hook and light and have a mess of chests at homebase..
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: July 01, 2015, 04:22:58 pm »

Also magic mirrors.
Love, scriver~

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11524 on: July 01, 2015, 05:00:13 pm »

Are there any new potions or accessories to help find chests? I know that there is the treasure hunting potion, but I was hoping for something more radar-y, maybe gives a general direction or warmth feeling as to how close the nearest treasure chest is.

There is an equippable trinket that says on the tin that it reveals the most precious metal nearby.
What it actually does: it does not actually show you the location of ores, but it gives a text message below the minimap that tells you 'metal x is nearby'.
It also detects chests. Same thing; text line saying 'you detect the prescence of a chest nearby'. Note that this includes looted chests, and any player constructed chests.

That might be enough, depending on large the detect radius is.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11525 on: July 01, 2015, 05:21:26 pm »

"Stack in nearby chests" works even on unstackable items, if there is free space in chest with a similar item. It can be botherful if you didn't favorite your common use items such as hook and light and have a mess of chests at homebase..
your hook and light should be in the hook and light slot anyway.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: July 01, 2015, 05:51:14 pm »

Yeah, there's a slot for pet, light pet, minecart, hook, and mount in your inventory. Click the little grappling hook icon above your armor slots to get to that section.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: July 01, 2015, 06:18:43 pm »

Oh, didn't know about those. Thanks!
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11528 on: July 01, 2015, 07:19:58 pm »

Expert mode skeletron seems a little ridiculous considering crimtane tier weapons do 1 damage to him.
Crack-a-lack-a

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: July 01, 2015, 07:31:50 pm »

Hahaha.

Call me crazy, but after making an expert world, I ended up deciding to play Morrowind again instead. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: July 01, 2015, 07:55:52 pm »

After genning world after world, I am losing hope of genning a world with crimson and a decent mountain (within reasonable range from spawn) to settle.
Made a dwarven-ish character for this.. But I could not get the kind of world I want. :(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11531 on: July 01, 2015, 07:57:07 pm »

... make your own mountain? Or just dig straight down...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11532 on: July 01, 2015, 07:57:45 pm »

Nah, some of it's bullshit-tier difficulty.

e: the thing to do for that would be to wait until TEdit updates (if it ever does) and use that to build your mountain. Or do it by hand, ick.

Moon Lord was both more and less difficult than expected. Honestly, UFO pet made him sort of easy, and now I've been farming his loot.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11533 on: July 01, 2015, 08:52:50 pm »

Good god, Underground Deserts are SCARY.
Especially with no armor. When your best weapon is an unmodified spear. The Swarmers are creepy as hell.
And those new [Edit] Tomb Crawlers. 80 health? Seriously?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:54:40 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11534 on: July 01, 2015, 09:33:46 pm »

... so, uh. Anyone have any idea how the magic droppers work? My first attempt using one caused the dropper to disappear, and nothing to happen. Which kinda' sucked.

E: Also yeeaaah, flying dutchman. And chlorophyte armor, while really nice to have while fishing, really... kinda' isn't strong enough to stand up to expert hardmode damage. Some of those pirates were chunking off ~100 health. Almost got three-shot by a turtle. Stuff like that. Things hurt, ahaha.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:39:37 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 887