Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254256 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12300 on: August 01, 2015, 10:25:01 pm »

Welp, there goes another strategy for getting decent gear to fight the mechs and Plantera, while trying to get some of the items necessary for the Anhk Shield I got the crimson key.  If I'd looked at the tooltip I would have realized that trying to open one of the biome chests was a waste, but I didn't.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: August 02, 2015, 06:30:00 am »

Me and my brother have had major issues with skeletron.

The primary reason for me is that he'll start doing his spinny head thing. I'll get stuck inside him and be unable to escape because of knockback constantly whacking m back into the centre of his head, and he does enough damage to me to kill me every time he does that, despite the molten armour.

This is why the Shield of Cthulhu is so important.
The problem is when you're stuck inside him and try to charge, you just melee him and get knocked back into the skull by it.
Yeah, we made that mistakes with friend. Don't dash when inside Skeletron, you'll just end up stuck even longer. Just try to get away by "walking". I'd still recommend to have a dash because it's important to avoid Skeletron, but if you have another source of dash than the shield, it's probably better.

Also, Crimson Key is amazing, because the Vampire Knives allow you to do pretty much any boss without losing life.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: August 02, 2015, 08:13:27 am »

Yeah but he used it before he beat plantera, you can't use biome keys before that they just get used and the chest stays locked.
Nom nom nom

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: August 02, 2015, 11:09:33 am »

Yeah but he used it before he beat plantera, you can't use biome keys before that they just get used and the chest stays locked.

I...that's pretty meaninglessly spiteful, honestly.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: August 02, 2015, 11:12:09 am »

Ouch, that's mean, since the keys are pretty rare. Plus, it's dropping in hardmode pre-plantera. Though I think you could use it before plantera in 1.2 (not sure, but I think)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: August 02, 2015, 03:00:40 pm »

Also, Crimson Key is amazing, because the Vampire Knives allow you to do pretty much any boss without losing life

It is more then that. It is the earliest item in the game that makes melee builds worthwhile. Before that they tend to be subpar.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12306 on: August 02, 2015, 06:27:06 pm »

Also, Crimson Key is amazing, because the Vampire Knives allow you to do pretty much any boss without losing life

It is more then that. It is the earliest item in the game that makes melee builds worthwhile. Before that they tend to be subpar.
I tend to disagree, because I've played melee since Terraria launch. However, pre-Hardmode, it's kinda shitty, yeah. Melee is mostly good against mobs and not boss before WoF.

Light discs were good, but have now been replaced with better melee items.
Fetid Baghnaks are absolutely awesome.
Flying Knife is very good (replace Light discs). You can wreck the Destroyer with it.
Terra Blade, which can be crafted before Plantera. KO cannon can be nice if you're not afraid of very close range.
Bananarang now that they auto-swing.
Also, there's some sick yoyos now.

Each has kinda its role, like spears being awesome against Destroyer, but useless against others bosses.

The vampire knives are a niche weapon, in that it's a soloing weapon for boss where you don't have enough armor and/or cant avoid fast enough. Low risk, but slow weapon. If you dont manage to kill a boss, it's the weapon you need.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: August 02, 2015, 06:33:22 pm »

Ok Ok...

Bananarang if you can get enough of them are great and the Terra Blade I will agree with. (flying knife was always ok to me)

Though even then both Magic and Ranged will kick your butts. Terra Blade just brings you from bad to decent.

It is the Vampire Knives that take you from decent to great! Too bad you get the damage reduction beetle armor a little late.

By the by tip: Cells are great summons because they do not create invincibility frames, making them quite valuable against bosses.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12308 on: August 02, 2015, 07:06:42 pm »

It's funny to me that the items which make melee build viable are the ones which deal melee damage at range...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: August 02, 2015, 07:09:02 pm »

Because generally if you're close enough to hit them with your sword, you're close enough to touch them, and that's where 99.9% of damage comes from in Terraria. The other exaggerated .1% is projectile attacks.

Being able to deal your preferred damage type at range instead of switching to one you're bad with (like in RPGs) is really great in this game.
Black lives matter.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Terraria - 1.3.1 - the mechanical update
« Reply #12310 on: May 23, 2016, 02:33:22 am »

I know this would count as thread necromancy, but apparently.. Terraria has updated.
And it would seem like it has some new things included. Plus controller support, for whomever is into that.

Added Controller Support using Xinput.
    Added Inventory Sorting.
    Dart Traps & all Temple Traps can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
    Added smart interact, making chatting with NPCs, opening doors and using objects easier.
    Cannons (normal, bunny, confetti, Snowball Launcher) can now be controlled by wire and shoot fake projectiles!
    Improved Smart Cursor & made it interact with more items.
Plus some added items and various bugfixes.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:35:51 am by Ultimuh »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: May 23, 2016, 09:56:48 am »

... damnit. I had just about started to get the itch to come back and check on terraria, and now the thing that was calling me (seeing if some of the mods had caught up with the last updates) has just gotten kicked right back in the jibblies. I swear, this is like the third time this has happened :-\

On the other hand, I guess it's good there's updates, particularly QoL ones. I just wish they'd stop breaking mods in the process.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: May 23, 2016, 10:01:33 am »

Its not really a necropost if its an update.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12313 on: May 23, 2016, 10:10:53 am »

Conveyor belts now exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqy8Xbw1Nrc
We can even build escalators straight to hell!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: May 23, 2016, 10:12:28 am »

Oh, hey, dedicated logic gates. Color me amused.
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 887