Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1236931 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12420 on: September 12, 2017, 02:35:14 pm »

I never saw the point in  being so conscientious about halting the spread of the biomes, except maybe a little area around your home. Otherwise they spread slowly enough that by the time they've taken over most of the world, you've got the gear that they aren't an issue. Maybe people just play a lot more slowly then me, or leave their servers on or something, but I found that in my medium world even by the end of my play though there was still quite a bit of uncorrupted area left.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12421 on: September 12, 2017, 02:41:47 pm »

Alright so I've just beaten the KoS and the EoC, both in the same night actually. My staff tears through them, go diamond staff! Still working on getting silk for robes, not finding really any spider webs in good amounts and wasted some silk before. Tried out fishing, it was confusing at first when I pull up but now it's getting me some good money from the fisherman npc. We reached Hell too, and I walked around for a bit till I almost died in lava, thank god for my mirror. Time to start up for today, might screenshot my house if it gets finished.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12422 on: September 12, 2017, 02:51:02 pm »

Diamond staff won't remain a viable weapon for long fyi. Hardmode is gonna be interesting for you if you're trying to do a wizard purist run in a robe. I tried that...

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12423 on: September 12, 2017, 02:54:56 pm »

i dont know if this helps but it seems that spider caves spawn more frequently near the magma layer. you could search around. if not, abandoned cabins tend to have a lot of web inside. the robes arent really hard to craft since web can be found all around the underground. the main issue is getting the gems (specially diamond).

as for me. i've already won over the goblins and added a kitchen to the base so i could house the tinkerer. the bad side is that i ran out of money while reforging. 33 defense is good tho. i shouldnt need an arena to fight the EoW but maybe i should bring the campfire and the lamps. just in case. i havent finished the boots anyways, need to keep looking for that anklet.

EDIT:

indeed, Jungle Armor is the end of Pre-Hardmode for mage, well, Meteorite Armor is good too but its mostly built around the Space Gun. the Wizard set (and the Gypsy Set) are more for early game. 15% increase magic damage is good but unless you're good at dodging its better to have more defense.

the Diamond Staff is like the Platinum Sword, its the best bang for your buck on the early game but you will have to move onto other magic weapons as you advance. if you reached hell the Demon Scythe should suffice unless you want to go for the Bee Gun or the Dungeon related ones.

i wish they would buff the Amber Staff. maybe even put it above Diamond in terms of quality, yeah a Diamond is the most rare and powerfull gem but for all the annoyance of harvesting the fossils the Amber should be the higher end from all the gem based staves.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:06:08 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12424 on: September 12, 2017, 04:51:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

added some changes to the structure. mostly i needed to build the docks in order to see how would the water lvl look like once i had filled the cave. with that in mind i trimmed the rest of the island so it would look more or less symmetrical. while this shouldnt be the case, im pretty fine with the result.

the idea was that the main platform is at the top of the Stalagmite, while the docks sit almost at the base of it. kinda like Gaider's Mourn in Sunless Sea (except the whole lifting ships and that stuff). im gonna replace the torches with gaslamps once i have the materials, maybe change the wood, was thinking of ebonwood but there's too much dull colors, maybe Rich Mahogany.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12425 on: September 12, 2017, 04:56:26 pm »

Maybe start linking to the images instead of posting them here? Even in spoiler tags, they still load and big ones like these can eat up a good amount of data.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12426 on: September 12, 2017, 08:19:54 pm »

Maybe start linking to the images instead of posting them here? Even in spoiler tags, they still load and big ones like these can eat up a good amount of data.

sorry, next time i will post an album or something.

lol, i just killed the EoW while earing the angler set. well i was  buffed with a few potions but still, i wasnt actually wearing an armor. getting the place ready took a lot of time, 200 corrupted blocks is a PITA to get and even then the space is a bit crammed, the scarf dropped with armored prefix. think im gonna keep it like that for the time being. now i gotta prep for the BoC.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12427 on: September 12, 2017, 09:46:29 pm »

Welp, the WoF kicked my ass. Mostly because I didn't plan for the fight to go on so long when making my path, started floating along with my rocket boots and carpet for a while before I ran out and started being thrown around. Space gun was doing pretty good, though it's damage feels more like endless poking than magical nuking. So far every scythe has been weak, so I toss them into the lava and move on.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12428 on: September 12, 2017, 10:54:45 pm »

both in Normal and Expert it is recommended to make a long platform. if you have the materials you can also make the lava waders and start the fight from one edge of the map. once you get to the platform you continue with frostpark boots in order to keep kiting it.

if you're playing in expert that thing will outspeed the boots when it gets on low health so you have to make sure you can survive getting tossed out while doing damage. for all bosses in Expert is practically mandatory to have either Warding or Menacing prefix in your accesories. and stock on potions.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12429 on: September 12, 2017, 11:05:17 pm »

It sounds like StagnantSoul did try to build a platform, but simply underestimated how long it needed to be. :P Anywho, Swiftness Potions can help with running, too.  Mix blinkroot and cactus from the desert with some bottled water and you can boost your speed by a quarter.  It's not so useful if you have Hermes Boots or its upgraded descendants, but should be fine if your Rocket Boots are the basic model.  If you've got plenty of spare iron, though, there is always the possibility of building a track and minecart.  I did this my first time I finally decided to go Hardmode solo* and had no issues with fighting the WoF on Expert.  Looking it up, it appears that the top speed of the minecart is marginally faster than the WoF's maximum-velocity charge, which means your primary issues related to ramming will come from monsters in front of you that can hit you and slow you down.  That's not nearly as useful for melee fighters, but since you're using the Space Gun, there's nothing wrong with going full Spathi. 

*To wit, I thought that a highway through Hell would be easier than a skyway for getting around in a hurry.  That idea ended up foundering on Hardmode being...well, hard.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:10:07 pm by Culise »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12430 on: September 12, 2017, 11:15:36 pm »

yeah. the platform has to cover at most one half of the map. getting to the edge of the underworld may be complicated but its rewarding because you can work on the platform without having to worry about structures. the boss still makes you reach the underworld city anyways in most cases. i try to keep pace so i can hit it consistently while dodging the lasers and that stuff.

also, forgot to mention the Beenades. those things are really usefull in mantaining control over the hungry while applying damage to the rest of the boss.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12431 on: September 12, 2017, 11:34:21 pm »

Welp, the WoF kicked my ass. Mostly because I didn't plan for the fight to go on so long when making my path, started floating along with my rocket boots and carpet for a while before I ran out and started being thrown around. Space gun was doing pretty good, though it's damage feels more like endless poking than magical nuking. So far every scythe has been weak, so I toss them into the lava and move on.

Usually what I do is make a path to run on for the city area and then add stuff as necessary so I can fly over the lava in the outlying areas. During the actual fight, I use meteor armor + the meteor gun to do nearly constant damage for a long time.

Also, I'd keep at least one scythe because you get the chance to reforge them later so you might end up with a Legendary one instead of a Weak one.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12432 on: September 13, 2017, 11:44:56 am »

yeah, even if you dont use it against bosses it can serve well in hardmode.

defeated the BoC and the Queen Bee but got wrecked by Skeletron. the skull attack got me in the end, he was even at half health already (both arms lost too), need to replenish my stock of regeneration and thorns potions.

also forgot that Crimson Armor applies the damage bonus to all weapons. should have swaped the jungle armor when i had the chance. o well.

on the goodside i got the glorious golden fishing rod. im a few items left for the cell phone. just need the tally counter and 2 of the fishing items. also need the angler earring for the tackle pack.

also, got the Bee gun on the first try so im pretty safe on magic weapons for now. what i dont get is why murderous is the recommended prefix now. back then it was Demonic i think. what happened?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12433 on: September 13, 2017, 12:31:03 pm »

The best success I've had killing WoF extremely quickly is with water bolt. If you shoot it straight down, once they start hitting the wall it just melts.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12434 on: September 13, 2017, 08:59:49 pm »

dug a horizontal line to mark the water lvl of the cavern so i can know how much i have to perforate on the roof and for reference when building islands. it was supposed to go all the way to the jungle but i got the temple in the way so it was stopped for the time being.

gonna fish heavily in the meantime. the faster i get the water bucket and the sponge the better. also, need money to fund the demolitions.
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 887