Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261334 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12615 on: October 10, 2017, 11:42:52 pm »

defeating the WoF made me took the whole arsenal i had. gauss flinger, thor's hammer (magic), hatchling staff, eye of the storm and omega core, with the whole stock of beenades i got from the Queen Bee and normal grenades. everything that would give control and could multi hit. that gotta be the slowest and most timed match i've had so far.

i was lucky and got the sorcerer's emblem so now i can up my damage a bit so i can survive hardmode. im still in crimson and dont have enough gold for buying the armor from the blacksmith so im gonna have to either fish for crates or break demon altars. to further add insult to injury the hardmode gen put the corruption slice on the east of the map, i dont know how much time will take before it reaches the base. but it will be complicated to keep the base clean. i'll probably have to stock on sunflowers.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12616 on: October 11, 2017, 06:13:20 am »

Sunflowers do work, even in hardmode I believe, but they only prevent corruption spread through the block they're planted in. The effect doesn't extend down below the ground. They do provide a little "happy" buff though iirc.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12617 on: October 11, 2017, 07:44:34 am »

Sunflowers do work, even in hardmode I believe, but they only prevent corruption spread through the block they're planted in. The effect doesn't extend down below the ground. They do provide a little "happy" buff though iirc.

Solution: Dynamite the ground in a large radius, leave only a sunflower bridge as entrance ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12618 on: October 11, 2017, 09:54:02 am »

i've already thought of a solution before going to bed. im gonna corner that corruption with hallow. at least NPCs can live in a hallow biome. plus it may slow the infection of the jungle for a time.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12619 on: October 11, 2017, 10:49:03 am »

defeating the WoF made me took the whole arsenal i had. gauss flinger, thor's hammer (magic), hatchling staff, eye of the storm and omega core, with the whole stock of beenades i got from the Queen Bee and normal grenades. everything that would give control and could multi hit. that gotta be the slowest and most timed match i've had so far.
That... sounds like thorium or whatever it is? Gods alive, total honesty I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to take the last-tier bosses without help or cheating, especially if you're in expert mode. Damn things both hit like trucks and have multiple moon lords worth of HP, and what seems to be the very last one has all that, multiple parts that will respawn if you don't kill the other parts fast enough, and a time limit.

First time I tried it, I didn't do potions or anything but I did have one of the highest DPS weapons in the game and infinite HP. Still lost, due to being unable to kill it fast enough and the timer squishing me. Helluva' thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12620 on: October 11, 2017, 02:45:14 pm »

Last night showed some success! A couple of lucky Mimics have resulted in a Philosopher's Stone, which has been crafted into the Charm of Myths. So that'll help. I also took the advice of making my own Hallowed Mimics, which were indeed a hell of a lot tougher than the norm - no one told me that Hallowed Mimics could jump straight through the walls of the small arena I built for the purpose of killing them safely! - but it was worth it for the Deadly Daedalus Stormbow that dropped.

Unfortunately, my old anti-Destroyer bunker is now a liability thanks to how the Stormbow works. However, I'm come up with a new solution, involving a long line of platforms in the air - above what the Destroyer can reach, so right about the level of my sky lake bunker - and a box of solid blocks for me to hide in. If the box is just barely big enough to contain me and a fireplace, most of the Stormbow's projectiles should miss it completely as they rain down on the Destroyer the next time the bastard spawns. I'll just have to worry about those damn probes phasing through and hitting me in passing, but at least the lasers will be nullified.

If I can find a Cross Necklace and fish up enough Titanium for a full set of armor, even that contact damage might well be survivable. For now though, I have to start crafting as many stacks of Holy and Hellfire arrows as I can manage. I also need to build more housing so that brat of an Angler can respawn...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12621 on: October 11, 2017, 05:06:10 pm »

That... sounds like thorium or whatever it is? Gods alive, total honesty I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to take the last-tier bosses without help or cheating, especially if you're in expert mode. Damn things both hit like trucks and have multiple moon lords worth of HP, and what seems to be the very last one has all that, multiple parts that will respawn if you don't kill the other parts fast enough, and a time limit.

First time I tried it, I didn't do potions or anything but I did have one of the highest DPS weapons in the game and infinite HP. Still lost, due to being unable to kill it fast enough and the timer squishing me. Helluva' thing.

yes i added Thorium and Overhaul to my game to make things a bit more interesting.

i was initially going to build cobalt armor but i fished enough crates to pay for a durasteel armor set from the blacksmith. also, found the wizard so i bought the magic ball and made a water candle to see if i can hunt for the tracker rewards.

im also farming souls for improving the enchanter sword. the hardmode corruption slice has been  walled by hallow spreads just in case. the hallow itself is also infecting a desert cause i need those light shards. also demolished a chunk of ebonstone that was extending from the other side of the hellevator.

current plan is to craft Titanium if possible, with a star necklace and a charm of myths, then maybe get the sky fracture and forbidden armor. i think there's also a thorium armor for mages starting hardmode but i need to secure the place first.

then i'll take on the borean strider boss and coznix.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12622 on: October 11, 2017, 05:59:27 pm »

Didn't you dig shafts every little bit near the center of the world to keep the hallow and corruption semi-contained?

I generally pre-plan where I want both biomes to be, digging containment shafts, then dig shafts every little bit near where the "V" will spawn. Later I infect the planned biome areas, then eradicate the spawned stuff by falling down the shafts with the clentaminator. Sometimes I eradicate the initial corrupted areas before hardmode, but that is kinda hard. Waiting for later and just digging containments is quicker for the initial stuff.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12623 on: October 11, 2017, 06:11:32 pm »

i always build my hellevator at the center. but somehow a really small bit of corruption appeared on the other side so i had to take care of it. i dont really bother with the whole biome cleaning stuff.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12624 on: October 11, 2017, 06:36:03 pm »

The Angler gave me the Super Absorbent Sponge and the Bottomless Water Bucket in two successive quests.

Still won't give me the goddamn Weather Radio, of course.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12625 on: October 11, 2017, 08:49:24 pm »

You too? The weather radio is the last item I need before I can make the cell phone.

Meanwhile I'm passing the time digging containment shafts and building a herb farm. Soon it will be time to build my "hell bridge" and get ready to kill the WoF.

Well, after I do all of the following:
* Finish the herb farm.
* Finish the last little bit of the containment around the first corrupt biome.
* Dig the containment for the second corrupt biome.
* Dig 2-4 shafts on each side of my spawn to prevent excessive corruption/hallow spread once hardmode starts.
* Build a glowing mushroom farm above the fishing pools.
* Fish for crates so I have lots to open as soon as hardmode starts.
* Build a "meteor protection" and star collection sky bridge (eg, it will have a chest every 50 blocks to prevent meteors from hitting anywhere except a prepared spot, and it will catch stars for easy collection). I did one of these before, and it was awesome, however I want to build it pre-hardmode this time.

Ok, maybe it will be a while...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:56:53 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12626 on: October 11, 2017, 10:34:28 pm »

finally crafted my true enchanter's sword. but i still need the gauss flinger and the magic conch (seriously, this thing doesnt even have mythical and its still kicking). im currently fishing lots of crates to see if i can get enough for the titanium armor. nothing solid so far in terms of ingots. but now i have enough adamantite to make the forge i guess.

i've got some hardmode thorium materials and crafteda Dragon's Breath with it but turns out overhaul and thorium end with a strange interaction and as such the weapon is taken as throwing damage instead. i'll have to keep an eye in other weapons that work similarly.

i also tried to take onto the Borean Strider boss. but died, too much mobs during a blizzard to survive, it was close to dying but i got shred by a fucking owl. there should be a mechanic where no mobs spawn during a boss fight. not only i was struggling with that spider but also there was an ice golem around. how the heck im supposed to fight this thing.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12627 on: October 12, 2017, 01:08:33 am »

still fishing a lot of crates for those metals. however, i stopped a bit to get prismite. at leat enough for a few boss fights, on the way i got the crystal serpent so i promptly spent almost all my money trying to get the best modifier. sadly, i had to stop at demonic. still, its a big jump from the magic conch. i had also crafted crystal blaster or something like that (its a weapon made from geodes that shoots a ricocheting crystal, good for closed spaces, i made it mythical just in case).

it started raining then so i took my best equipment and went hunting for the Borean Strider. got 2 frost cores from killing golems (still a PITA even with the crystal serpent). after dying and returning i was finally able to summon that thing in the blizzard. the fight was again, a mess to win with all those other mobs moving around, even worst when i popped the egg sac of that thing and started releasing flying spiders (?), i got frost like 2 or 3 times but got enough tempo to keep me fed and healed so i could survive getting hit.

the thing died and i got the trophy along with the expert mode bag, i dont really use freezing stuff so i dont know if it will be usefull, also, got the ranged weapon instead. i ran out of the most critical potions so it will take a while to recover. maybe i should start buying planter boxes and start the herb farming. i dunno, these nights have been completely serene, must be Thorium, i was expecting mechanical boss annoyance, that or maybe RNG has been good with me for now.

im gonna keep fishing anyways because i want to get stocked on prismite for the rest of the bosses, gonna prep more money selling the produce and farm for more strange crate materials until i can craft the white knight set which seems to be mage focused. i havent looked at its stats compared to Titanium but sincei ts from the mod at least it should be on par with Orichalcum/Mythril. not really sure.

also, have to stock on potions to fight Coznix, it will be horrible to be in the underworld again but unless this guy is like the WoF, i've already have the perfect spot for making an arena down there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12628 on: October 12, 2017, 11:57:14 am »

i've got some hardmode thorium materials and crafteda Dragon's Breath with it but turns out overhaul and thorium end with a strange interaction and as such the weapon is taken as throwing damage instead. i'll have to keep an eye in other weapons that work similarly.
Might be a strange interaction, might just be thorium. The mod very much adds quite a few new throwing items into the game (and not just weapons, there's new armor for it, new accessories, pretty sure a new potion/buff or two), and I think changes a few existing ones. Some of the later game stuff is bloody amazing, screen clearing with low CD and no ammo sorta' stuff. Going pure throwing is actually hella' viable, particularly once you get the desert dude in town and can cobble together the accessory that makes throwing damage replicate itself three or four times.

... incidentally, there's an... either armor set or specific throwing weapon that does %max health damage. Can't remember if it's on crit or just a % chance per hit. In any case, that replicated damage can individually trigger it. Bloody godsend for expert/hardmode bosses in thorium. Any particular projectile can lop off a few percent of a critter's max hp total, and it's possible to get the attack speed to something vaguely silly. Also no ammo! Lot of the new throwing stuff in thorium doesn't have to deal with ammo.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12629 on: October 12, 2017, 12:34:46 pm »

i've already reported it in the official forums, its an issue with how overhaul identifies weapons as throwing. the mod takes boomerangs for example as a throwing type weapon instead of melee. since the Dragon's Breath shoots a stream of flames that return to the player in an arc, the other mod seems to be taking it as flag for a throwing weapon.

anyways the creator already said that's part of the fixes of Overhaul 2.0.0.

yeah thorium adds a lot of throwing weapons. i've used some but im doing a mage run so its only used when running out of mana. the gauss flinger is currently the only thrown weapon i use because of the fast speed and multihit.

thorium enhances a lot summoner and thrower, after this run im gonna do melee and maybe healer, then wait until they add endgame for bard.
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 887