Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1238035 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #13200 on: October 13, 2020, 08:32:53 pm »

Wasn't the last update supposed to be the last update?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13201 on: October 13, 2020, 10:15:52 pm »

I'm sure the next one will be the last one, too. Gotta' start your final fantasy somewhere :P

... more seriously, hopefully it actually will be and we can finally see the modding scene legitimately settle down and expect to not have anything major break again going forward. That sounds better to me than anything the main devs would produce :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13202 on: October 14, 2020, 07:58:34 am »

Wasn't the last update supposed to be the last update?
No, they'd always planned to do the final update in two parts with this one being the last one adding in a few extra bits and any final bug fixes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13203 on: March 29, 2021, 10:26:57 pm »

So... there was an update! Adding... steam workshop integration? For, uh. Half-assed cosmetic modding and I guess amateur localization patches. Yeah. That's a thing now, apparently.

Modloader still hasn't updated to 1.4, so, y'know. My enthusiasm isn't. But hey! A thing happened.
Ask not!
Ask!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13204 on: May 25, 2021, 05:52:30 pm »

I've been playing a new world(but with post-mechanical boss character), with it being the 10th-year birthday for Terraria and all. I went back to an older world(where current character started) in order to grab some stuff. Notably, they've changed the crafting recipes for True Excalibur and True Night's Edge. The former requires 20 Chlorophyte bars and the original sword, the latter requires 20 of each mechboss soul, and neither requires the Broken Hero's Sword anymore(Terra Blade still does). So I went back to the slightly older world to grab at least some Chlorophyte since I still have my Excalibur.

Something went wrong somewhere, about half the post-Hardmode stuff I had in that world is gone. Several chests and crafting stations just up and disappeared, including my mythril anvil, adamantine furnace, and a chest that I was stashing both a bunch of souls and Night's Edge. Kinda pissed, since I needed that stuff and was planning on moving it over to my current world. Did make a True Excalibur, though I had to make a new anvil first.

I wasn't even sure that the Hardmode flag was still correctly set, since a walk across some surface biomes didn't spawn any Hardmode enemies. A trip underground did, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13205 on: May 26, 2021, 05:06:24 am »

This happens with older saves loaded on new versions, and is why I load up my saves in each new version and resave them. I think the save format changed at some points, introducing errors if your save is too old.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13206 on: May 26, 2021, 05:51:49 pm »

It wasn't that old, slightly less than a year.

But it turns out that the stuff that was missing I actually had already moved to a different world. Figures.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13207 on: May 27, 2021, 08:19:44 am »

Do you folks make extra worlds to explore/loot, or do you just make do with what you find on your main world?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13208 on: May 27, 2021, 01:05:52 pm »

I do a mixture, I make a main "peaceful" base where I won't do any big mining or Hardmode, then make another world where I plan to do a full playthrough, dig as needed, but end up making a full base anyway just because I need the tier-appropriate NPCs to spawn. I don't do a LOT of random tunneling for ores in this one, just enough to get me to next tier. Then I make throwaway worlds as needed, to supplement the mining and dirt and stone collection, or spawning chests etc.

EDIT: Oh, I also sometimes make a separate "vault" map in case I plan to do multiplayer at all and want to share my main base, so they don't steal my crap. This one is less for looks and probably looks more like a giant storage yard.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 01:08:44 pm by Sergius »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13209 on: May 27, 2021, 01:17:14 pm »

I stick with one world, unless there's something oddly specific I can't find (usually big tree or pyramid related, iirc), then I'll gen up a resource world to nab stuff from.

That said, most of the times I've played for the last while was with mods that offered alternative paths to getting, say, sandstorm in a bottle or whatever. So I generally don't actually have need to spool up a second world for special gubbins anymore.
Ask not!
Ask!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13210 on: November 18, 2021, 06:01:38 pm »

Necroing this, perhaps fittingly, to mention that Terraria and Don't Starve Together have a crossover now. I don't have Don't Starve Together(and barely played Don't Starve), so I don't know how it fits there. But for Terraria, you can access a special world by using "The Constant" as your world seed. There a bunch of items, a hunger mechanic, and damage caused by darkness. And the Deerclops as a boss.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13211 on: November 19, 2021, 11:59:28 am »

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13212 on: September 28, 2022, 02:33:22 pm »

Another resurrection for the thread, the Labour of Love update's out, including an interesting seed that makes it so that you start in hell, and the higher up you go the more dangerous things become.

Seems rather suited for a more dwarfy playthrough.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13213 on: September 28, 2022, 02:34:36 pm »

Sounds cool actually.  Since going up is more dangerous than falling, both in combat and in general.

But I thought they said this game was kaput and done being developed, like, 4 years ago lol
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13214 on: September 28, 2022, 03:19:05 pm »

they did, but then they just kept breaking mod compatibility going anyway
Ask not!
Ask!