Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1236514 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #13245 on: October 03, 2022, 11:15:40 am »

Not accidentally. Does quick-stacking cause stuff to disappear?
I mean, if you had them in chests nearby they'd get yeeted out your inventory into said chests. It's just a random guess.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: October 03, 2022, 12:25:04 pm »

I don't mean Zenith, just Don't Dig Up.

Zenith sounds like a shitshow. Fun shitshow if you're a masochist like me, but a shitshow nonetheless.

Zenith is kinda fun even if not entirely a masochist. Progression is just a lot harder and longer to progress. But surprisingly with me and my friend, we made it to a near platinum armor suit but even then gonna be hard to kill the eye. Maybe cause there is two of us its easier than if it would just be one person, but I play on my own sometimes and it isn't too bad. I actually think bosses scale up anyway when get additional players. The eye when my friend is on is 10k hp or more I forgot exactly. When its just me it drops to 6k. It probably buffs the eye in other ways too.

But the molten hives everywhere is neat, just gotta be careful mining upward :P But its very colorful seed, lots of rainbows and colors everywhere. The items you get (drops/chests) "can" be AMAZING and we are still early on, which helps make up for it a bit. Gold drops like it rains from the sky. So some of the difficulty if offset by the additional rewards. You also get unique special stuff killing bosses on master mode, I assume legendary mode is even MORE unique, not sure what yet though cause uh...haven't killed any bosses :P

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: October 03, 2022, 02:40:27 pm »

Anyone got any idea how you'd go about fighting the EoW?

Because the corruption is buffed to hell with insane spawn rates. Surviving long enough seems like a near impossible task, and I don't think I'd be able to skip it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: October 04, 2022, 04:35:01 am »

Found the Aether spawn in my world. Damn near dug straight down into it.

Anyone got any idea how you'd go about fighting the EoW?

Because the corruption is buffed to hell with insane spawn rates. Surviving long enough seems like a near impossible task, and I don't think I'd be able to skip it.

Peace candles and sunflowers? Both might be tricky to source; peace candles require finding Pinky, sunflowers require the Dryad. You'll also need to purify the ground/place dirt to place sunflowers. As for skipping it, the only thing I can think of is bringing a Nightmare/Deathbringer pickaxe from another world.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: October 04, 2022, 07:08:56 am »

My immediate thought was to just bomb out a nice sized boss arena on the surface. Corruption can't get to you if you've blown up several screens of terrain.

It'd take some muns, but if spawn rate's boosted that much you should be able to get plenty of gold to buy the stuff up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: October 04, 2022, 03:12:20 pm »

They're fighting the Eater of Worlds(at least, I assume that's what "EoW" meant), so it's required to be in the corruption.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: October 04, 2022, 04:11:25 pm »

Oh, right. Well... boss arena still probably a good idea if the spawns are causing problems? Box in an area so the spawns outside stay on the outside and you'll have less trouble with spawns, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: October 04, 2022, 04:35:26 pm »

Just put a layer of stone over the corruption / crimson grass. And then yeah, wall off both sides. You will have fewer incidental spawns wandering in, and no spikey plants growing up through the stone.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: October 04, 2022, 04:55:01 pm »

They're fighting the Eater of Worlds(at least, I assume that's what "EoW" meant), so it's required to be in the corruption.

Im assuming that the corrupt versions are similarly empowered.  It's a large change to me and how I've previously done 'exploration'.  A lot of times, I don't actually set up any sort of actual permanent residence until I've cleared the surface, end to end, and done basic platforming and smoothing down the map.  It let's me choose where I want to start, but that's a lot harder if the fliers wont stay in the box.

I just broke the surface, and for heavens sake.

P:  Why the hell are the Face Monsters sped up on speed?  They're zooming!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:08:16 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: October 04, 2022, 11:29:47 pm »

Yeah, the devourers and eater of souls are incredibly strong. 2-300ish HP, 50ish damage for the EoSes, devourers do over 100 if they hit you with the head in full platinum armour. You can very easily run up to 20 EoSes on screen as well.

I might have to try a backwalled boss arena to prevent the other mobs spawning when I'm fighting, or at least keep the non-devourers outside.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: October 05, 2022, 05:01:28 am »

I just realized another oddity of my current world: I haven't had a single Blood Moon. Been playing for a few days, and so far I've beaten every pre-Hardmode boss, except Wall of Flesh, of course, but including Deerclops, and did a few construction projects on the side.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: October 05, 2022, 11:48:08 am »

Strange, I've only had enough time to beat King Slime and Eyeball, but I've had two bloodmoons.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: October 05, 2022, 11:59:13 am »

It was intense. But me and my friend beat the eye on zenith mode. AndLEGENDARY mode on top of that.

We did the strategy of going to hell/underground and making three long "runways" to jump between and kite the eye back and forth. It was still intense, and it took 3 tries doing it (first one we didn't even have close to the length needed. 2nd we got the eye to LESS than 200 hp was so close, but we only had one runway), but we did it.

Needed mostly jester arrows, but also a mix of melee as well.

That was one of the most intense boss fights I've had in a game, was crazy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: October 05, 2022, 12:09:42 pm »

It was intense. But me and my friend beat the eye on zenith mode. AndLEGENDARY mode on top of that.

We did the strategy of going to hell/underground and making three long "runways" to jump between and kite the eye back and forth. It was still intense, and it took 3 tries doing it (first one we didn't even have close to the length needed. 2nd we got the eye to LESS than 200 hp was so close, but we only had one runway), but we did it.

Does zenith also do the hellspawn point?

Thats ironically how I did it.  He spawned on me though, I had to outrun it the first time.  The mace was super helpful towards the end since I could really outpace him in the final form.

Man, Blood moons....  I made a fort-area topside and began slowly purifying the area manually.  I was on my way to fight the brain boss after making my usual traps and trick geometries, and a goblin invasion porcced.

I go back to my new home (I was hoping that making a forest biome topside would be easy enough and I could set the pylon up there) and then a blood moon procs.  This is on the surface with more than a dozen enemies on screen, a mix of blood enemies, goblins, and crimson monsters.  The crimera is less of a problem, except for the huge one that tanks knockback.  The spiders are easy on open terrain, but the face monsters are sped up by a factor of 4 or 5, I swear.

Anyway, I die a few time on mediumcore, because there's enough monster to juggle you if you get unlucky.

All that done, I go back to the brain arena I set up, and ....  I fall into a flooded lava chamber as I blow up the final heart to summon him, leaving him to fall to the bottom of the world and depawn and me to lose half my items in a pool of lava less than 1 tile deep.

Its super painful, but Im noticing that even on the dontdigup seeds that the game occassionally gives you a breather period where you can make real progress.  Strip the trees and set up blockers for fliers, level out the worst of the terrain, and then light it up and get to doing whatever you really wanted to do.

I imagine a good strategy is to go up high enough to leave the corruption but, not so high as to spawn harpies and make a platform to scout the world with.  I considered trying to make a long tunnel just under/over the surface too.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: October 05, 2022, 12:20:19 pm »

Does zenith also do the hellspawn point?

Not sure what you mean by this. Asking if there is a hell still? In the original spawn point its more just "underground" stuff. If you go far enough left/right, then demons start showing up and imps and hell stuff. Gotta make a platform big enough to cross the lava and avoid the uh (at least on zenith)....*spoiler wont say its a surprise :P dont always encounter it though* ...then when you make it past the lava ocean, I think hell stuff shows up. I didn't make it far cause demons are too hard right now to fight, but I did see a hell structure...I think, was something. I had to get out though before I got close enough to see it better.
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 887