Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarf not catching fire?  (Read 2746 times)

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
dwarf not catching fire?
« on: May 16, 2011, 04:09:14 pm »

had some fun stuff in the cavern and a fire started spreading, my dwarf were walking right trough it unarmed (don't no arms jokes please) sure it lets my fortress live longer but i dont get to do some !!science!! u can't do !!science!! when no dying is involved!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarf not catching fire?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 06:28:01 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 08:52:36 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

So true. Only at bay12forums you get a topic labelled dwarf *not* catching fire. :P

On topic, my dwarves usually melt to death before they actually get set ablaze when walking through fires. Picking up burning items usually ignite the dwarf though, try luring them with !!Pig tail fiber socks!!.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 09:08:02 pm »

also, something does'nt make any sense, how can you die in blood loss faster than heat when you're in a goddamn volcano?

KProject

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 11:29:03 pm »

Technically, they are dying from the heat. It melts the fat right off their little dwarven bodies.

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 01:00:46 am »

Actually I think the !!Pig tail fiber sock!! idea probably won't work, it'll burn up before the dorf gets to it. Maybe try telling a dorf to dump a !!lignite block!!...

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 02:07:42 pm »

is it true that artifacts can't burn? i heard that one time, tjink i'll do some !!science!!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 02:09:41 pm »

Artifacts can burn, provided they're made from a flammable material.  I don't know if it has to be the base material or if it counts if any of the materials can burn.

Artifacts can't be damaged.  They can only be destroyed, but never wear out.  Fire damages objects through wear, so a burning artifact will burn forever without taking any damage as a result.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

dwarf_sadist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 02:55:43 pm »

Is Temperature on in the init file?
Critical hit! It's super effective!

"You scratch the Giant Tiger in the Upper Body, tearing the muscle, shattering the right false rib and tearing apart the heart! An artery has been opened by the attack! A major artery in the heart has been opened by the attack! A tendon in the false right rib has been torn!"

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 05:21:48 pm »

Artifacts can burn, provided they're made from a flammable material.  I don't know if it has to be the base material or if it counts if any of the materials can burn.

Artifacts can't be damaged.  They can only be destroyed, but never wear out.  Fire damages objects through wear, so a burning artifact will burn forever without taking any damage as a result.
ya, that's actually what i wanted to say