Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: i would like to make a few suggestions  (Read 988 times)

Svullo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
i would like to make a few suggestions
« on: July 17, 2013, 02:38:05 pm »

my programming skills are extremely conservative so i have no idea how to do it myself, but i think it would be a good idea to add stem cell therapy to the university hospital to heal all of the various special injuries like missing body parts and spinal injuries and such. it could be a future technology that only appears after a decade or two, and it would be hugely expensive (probably at least 1-2k per missing tooth/rib, 25k for missing limbs/organs and 50k for spinal injuries) so it won't be overpowered, but it will completely heal your liberals and restore them to their former glory. even further into the future (maybe 50 years or so) there could be some kind of age reversing therapy that makes you young again. that way you can keep your top liberals young forever.

another suggestion i have is an indoctrination activity that your liberals can engage in consisting of watching "democracy now" and reading the fine published works of elite liberal intellectual titan noam chomsky. this will slowly raise heart until it maxes out, and slowly lower wisdom until it reaches its lowest level. this would be a prolonged process that takes several months at the minimum. if you have money to spare, the same results can be achieved quicker by taking the "a brief history of radical marxist feminism" class at the university.

what do the rest of you think?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: i would like to make a few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 03:56:49 pm »

Raising heart would be incredibly powerful, especially considering that there is no upper limit. Lowering wisdom would also be extremely powerful, but I could see it being workable.

As for the stem cells, I wouldn't worry about it being overpowered at that price. The money could be put to far better use recruiting and equipping squads of other people. Also, in my experience, the chances of someone being on a site raid and being horribly wounded (e.g. losing a limb) and not dying before they make it off the site are very small, though that might be because I play with a lot of solo squads.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: i would like to make a few suggestions
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »

Raising heart would be incredibly powerful, especially considering that there is no upper limit. Lowering wisdom would also be extremely powerful, but I could see it being workable.

As for the stem cells, I wouldn't worry about it being overpowered at that price. The money could be put to far better use recruiting and equipping squads of other people. Also, in my experience, the chances of someone being on a site raid and being horribly wounded (e.g. losing a limb) and not dying before they make it off the site are very small, though that might be because I play with a lot of solo squads.

Yeah, if you're a solo operative, any serious injury is pretty much death.  I've never had someone be able to First Aid themselves (stop bleeding) when on-site.  Full assault squads can have a pretty good chance of getting people back to base intact.

(And then there's the Mutants, etc with 20+ Health.)

Eternal youth seems kinda Conservative.  Consuming resources so you can continue to consume resources?  Let the next generation have a chance for a change!