Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Bugs, UI issues and Minor Suggestions  (Read 26137 times)

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, UI issues and Minor Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 04:02:51 pm »

Thanks Carlos Gustavos!

Know I can damage the conservative machine again!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2011, 12:57:38 am »

I'm not listing this in the bug list because this is VERY minor, unlikely to ever happen and I'm fairly unsure on how it should be fixed, if it should be fixed in the first place.

Anyone ever go to the court house, anger the jury, kidnap and enlighten one? That guy shows up as Liberal (the default name for creatures), which is certainly better than getting a sleeper juror at the court house as jurors are never professional jurors in the US, as far as I know.

The reason why I stumbled upon this is a minor bug though. I had an extremely freaky court house with both jury and cells in the public area, which extended to the far end of the building. It also had a small nublet, a single 1x1 "room" extending from the main rectangular building. Too bad I finished the game almost immediately after and lost the save so I can't show you. I'll get in touch if it happens again.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 01:15:36 pm »

Hello!

I have a little problem with the CCS safehouse: Why the response consists of Police Gang Units? I guess they should call mercenaries to the rescue, no?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2011, 02:20:07 pm »

Just spotted that myself. I doubt that's intentional...

EDIT: Also, death squads instead of gangsters at the crack house.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:48:06 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2011, 11:25:48 am »

Hello!

How about giving non C+ firefighters one or two points in seduction? After all, we all know that firefighters are hot, so giving them one or two points in seduction would be a nice easter egg, no?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2011, 11:30:02 am »

I think a general uniform bonus for seduction would work well.

MicroclineHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2011, 03:30:28 pm »

These are two minor things and one pretty important problem that have come up for me.

When I'm infiltrating a building, as long as I have a green or "liberal" disguise, my weapon doesn't attract any stares. This includes being naked in the garment building while toting and M16, or equipping a shotgun and a cheap suit in the courthouse. So even with highly visible weapons, I can get by on disguise alone.

After wiping out the three main CSS bases, the Bar and Grill, Bomb Shelter, and Bunker, I get the normal massive juice boost. If there is another CSS safehouses left, I get the same "you have wiped out the CSS" message and I get ANOTHER massive juice increase.

The last glitch is a game breaker. When the CCS attacks one of my safehouses, if I fight and lose, the building is permanently "Enemy Safehouse" and "Under Siege." I can never access it again, and I can't even send a strike team to clear them out, because as long as it counts as sieged, it's "too hot to risk." If I give up, I can send in guys later to kill the CSS, but I automatically lose anyone inside who could have escaped.

(edit) One more, actually. When interrogating people, I can:
 attempt to convert, use restraints, use props, beat them, and use drugs. Were depriving food, water, and sleep removed in version 4.04.0?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:03:31 pm by MicroclineHat »
Cake throne needs cake, badly.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2011, 01:27:50 am »

The disguise/weapon thing, I think, is at least somewhat intentional. I think the original purpose was to reduce the fuss of taking the guns to juice bar where they would only attract an alarm. Some guns are supposed to work with certain disguises (army armor and M16, for example), also.

Other CCS safehouses, as in the ones they captured from you? I haven't had this happen, but I'll see what I can do.

And yes, food, sleep and water deprivation have been gone for a good while now.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 01:56:50 am »

The last glitch is a game breaker. When the CCS attacks one of my safehouses, if I fight and lose, the building is permanently "Enemy Safehouse" and "Under Siege." I can never access it again, and I can't even send a strike team to clear them out, because as long as it counts as sieged, it's "too hot to risk." If I give up, I can send in guys later to kill the CSS, but I automatically lose anyone inside who could have escaped.

How did you fight and lose without losing all the people in the building in the first place? Shouldn't defeat in combat occur after everyone is dead?

(edit) One more, actually. When interrogating people, I can:
 attempt to convert, use restraints, use props, beat them, and use drugs. Were depriving food, water, and sleep removed in version 4.04.0?

Might have been the version before that, even, but yes. Many people want them back, but I want to make sure the system is sufficiently intuitive and playable if that happens.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2011, 02:24:58 am »

Actually I think there is (or used to be) a bug which could cause safehouses that were defeated to remain under siege. I don't think anyone should live there, though.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2011, 07:04:19 am »

Hello!

Bug spotted: the corporate COE respawns when enlightened and made a Liberal Sleeper Agent (And no, he didn't die).

And another glitch: CCS safehouses are lootables... Even after the complete anihilation of the CCS. That means free loot and free juice since there are no conservatives whatsoever in these places afterward.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:46:57 am by Elodie Hiras »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2011, 08:01:12 am »

I've noticed the CCS safehouse one myself. A bit of overkill, yes, although some would see it as a fair compensation for eliminating the CCS!

About the CEO, needs to be investigated. I think the CEO should return only if dead.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 08:15:46 am »

I've noticed the CCS safehouse one myself. A bit of overkill, yes, although some would see it as a fair compensation for eliminating the CCS!

After thinking about it... By that point, you have an unkillable badass squad able to clear the entire US Army all by themselves, so it's not like it matters anymore anyway.

Edit: there is a disbanding squad glitch: when disbanding an individual squad with the 9 touch, it is counted as empty and crashes the game. You have to disband it manually.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:24:31 am by Elodie Hiras »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 08:25:39 am »

Hey. I'm the one who first noticed that if you recruit a Radio Host, have him/her shot dead and hauled to the microphone, he/she will participate in the show as a live hostage radio host. Also, I noticed just yesterday that if you have your Liberal turn conservative and kidnap him/her right after, the kidnapping is either reported or the kidnapped liberal escapes right away (because the game tracks the days spent in "captivity", which is usually a quite large number for older Liberals). Funny fact: You can enlighten your founder. And, with a touch of luck, have him/her as a sleeper.

Rare use cases do matter. Wonky behaviour will not be tolerated unless intentional.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 01:26:19 pm »

Hello!

One minor oversight: I tried to datenap someone with an M-2 Flamethrower, and my character "threatened to blow the conservative brains out". With a flamethrower?

Suggested change: "threatens to fry/roast the Conservative" when wielding a flamethrower.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16