Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Bugs, UI issues and Minor Suggestions  (Read 26255 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, UI issues and Minor Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2011, 02:23:41 pm »

Good catch.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 02:06:29 pm »

I have a suggestion that has been suggested quite a few times. Bombs. Here are my ideas.

Car bomb: You need a vehicle, some fertilizer and some other bomby stuff to make a car bomb. When you car bomb a district, a random part of the edge of the map and some parts near that edge are destroyed. Fire slowly spreads from the destroyed edge of map. All conservatives are instantly alarmed and the liberals in the squad are given terrorism charges. The car bomb will shut the area down for a small amount of time (after your liberals leave the site, that is). Maybe a few weeks.

Dirty bomb: You need plutonium from the nuclear plant, some C4 (smuggled from the military armoury) and some rare bomby stuff (stuff that sounds like it should be in a bomb) to make a dirty bomb. Liberals will NOT enter the site after planting the bomb. They plant it, leave, and detonate it. The dirty bomb gives your liberals terrorism charges, quite a few murder charges and will shut down the site for quite a while. The dirty bomb will shut down the site for a long time, probably a few months. In order to prevent this from being more overpowered, the materials you use to make it should be rare and hard to find.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:18:59 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 02:12:50 pm »

Using a dirty bomb sounds kind of... Well, evil.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 02:16:14 pm »

Using a dirty bomb sounds kind of... Well, evil.
It's to show the evil that nuclear power has! Or at least nuclear fuel.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:19:24 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 02:47:23 pm »

Not exactly a minor suggestion, so I won't add it to the list. The very point of this thread is providing stuff that devs can just do without thinking about it ;)
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2011, 04:06:33 pm »

Hello!

How about adding a bokken in LCS? I love this weapon.
A weapon used with the sword skill dealing bludgeoning damage. If fractures would be introduced, it would be a pretty neat weapon!

Thanks!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2011, 01:08:25 am »

For now, you can add it yourself if you like: see your art folder and edit the file weapons.xml. No epic programming skills needed, you just see how the other weapons are defined and add yours :). To make it available though, you must also define the weapon to be available at some shop, which you can do at the shop's XML file. Once you're done adding the weapon, save the XML files, start the game and see if everything works ok. You can post the modified XML bits here if you like, to share your mighty weapon.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2011, 07:25:01 am »

Hello! I don't find the file for the Oubliette. Is it normal?

Thanks!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2011, 10:06:17 am »

Strangely, yes. It seems there's no Oubliette XML in latest trunk or in latest release. For now, you could try adding it into the pawn shop.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2011, 12:59:06 am »

Just beat my first game of LCS and I noted some of minor bugs (there were maybe 1 or two more I encountered, but I logged details for these 3) :-

1. Sleepers recruited by other sleepers all show up as being "downtown" when viewed through the r->5 screen, while they show up as being at their proper location on the 'b' screen. This made it hard to reorder them effectively.

2. Once I had all the safehouses and CCS destroyed, the 'z' key for "next location" locked up on the  Bunker (final CCS safehouse), and didn't cycle around to the first location anymore. I had to use TAB key to escape from this everytime I wanted to go through locations again.

3.  When bluffing 'alarmed' conservatives on a mission, liberals etc., who happen to be in the group, run away screaming, while any conservatives just disappear. The liberals shouldn't panic if you successfully bluff (why are they doing that now if you made your bluff check?), maybe they should just disappear too. This would also speed up the escape part of the mission slightly as there would be less text screens to click through.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:10:36 am by Reelyanoob »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2011, 01:13:53 am »

Just beat my first game of LCS and I noted some of minor bugs (there were maybe 1 or two more I encountered, but I logged details for these 3) :-

Congratulations!

1. Sleepers recruited by other sleepers all show up as being "downtown" when viewed through the r->5 screen, while they show up as being at their proper location on the 'b' screen. This made it hard to reorder them effectively.

I will look into this. Thank you!

2. Once I had all the safehouses and CCS destroyed, the 'z' key for "next location" locked up on the  Bunker (final CCS safehouse), and didn't cycle around to the first location anymore. I had to use TAB key to escape from this everytime I wanted to go through locations again.

This is a known one, and will hopefully be fixed soon (unless someone already snuck it in the trunk). I might give it a shot today.

3.  When bluffing 'alarmed' conservatives on a mission, liberals etc., who happen to be in the group, run away screaming, while any conservatives just disappear. The liberals shouldn't panic if you successfully bluff, maybe they should just disappear too. This would also speed up the escape part of the mission slightly as there would be less text screens to click through.

You've got a point. Perhaps the Liberals should even stay, so you could still attempt to recruit them. It's a bit misleading that "You have to deal with the enemies first" as the Liberals tend to mosey out before you can do so.

On the other hand , if there's an armed group on the scene, we could assume that everyone is running away screaming ^__^

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2011, 05:21:13 am »

Hello!

Minor suggestion: How about having liberals set to Liberal Hacking vandalise Conservapedia? would either affect a random issue, or lightly affect all issues.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2011, 02:53:58 pm »

Has been suggested a few times, but I'm a bit Conservative on that. More hacking effects is good, but I'm not too keen on including real-life websites as hacking targets. Making an obvious reference would perhaps be better.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2011, 08:17:26 pm »

Mentioning a specific real-life website is a terrible idea. Mentioning an obvious stand-in for one is almost as bad.

Why mention a specific one at all? You could always flavor it as something like "vandalize conservative websites".
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2011, 10:55:57 pm »

Because it was already flavored like this in earlier versions of LCS, when you're allowed to harass Conservative websites to build up your Computer skills in preparation for Hacking. Harass websites have since been removed.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16