Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Bugs, UI issues and Minor Suggestions  (Read 26313 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Bugs, UI issues and Minor Suggestions
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2011, 01:18:08 am »

Oh... I removed website harassment? No wonder I'm confused by this feature discussion, I kept thinking "gee, you can already do that in the game..." Still, it's probably for the best -- having two versions of "use computer skill for activism" is watering things down a bit much. I hope it was a merge of website harassment and hacking, so that the higher level website harassment (DoS attacks, etc) are now carried out when you select hacking. Come to think of it, I now vaguely remember doing that... not 100% certain, but most likely the more hardcore actions in website harassment are now part of hacking.

Edit: Which does not include trolling forums and vandalizing wikis and such. Those likely got cut with the website harassment feature. They had negligible impact anyway.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:20:06 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2011, 07:03:31 am »

Actually, I'd reinstate website harassment, not as a separate action but anyway. The reason is that currently Hacking, if done with almost no skill, trains computer skill without giving any explanation about what's happening. It should imply that the Liberal is skidding around, participating in DDOS and so on. Alternatively they're reading hacking guides circulating the web or gathering password lists.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
vehicle crash
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2011, 05:08:27 pm »

Started a  4.04 game,  after a few months of play I have buggered up vehicles that can't be un-assigned thru the V interface, even after dissolving all squads (ugh).  Then trying to run the day gives a crash with that
File: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\vector
Line: 779
Expression: vector subscript out of range
mentioned on the 1st page, after the "can't use vehicle becuase another squad is using it"  message.   Ahh, wait, it looks like if I first run a turn without assigning any movement, the vehicle reassignments DO take place - I guess this was the display bug mentioned as fixed in SVN?

Also, a few minor feature suggestions:
1) Something like "clear all vehicles" - I *really* hate hunting around to try to find the 2nd occupant of a vehicle especially when it buggers an action.  I would rather go through and reassign all vehicles now and then vs now having to go and search each squad, unassign each slot, then reassign.
1a) And how about a "assign whole squad" to selected vehicle, and default selecting the best driver?  I also hate rooting through the squad to find driving stats every time :D

2) Moving a guy out of a squad should automatically clear his vehicle assigment?

3) Change to the way the vehicle name/color is displayed - it's hard as heck to see even if the current squad is all in the same sports car 'cause they all just show up as Sprt - maybe an index # or something?

4) Shorten the name of the longer armors a tiny bit so I can see damaged/bloody status when tabbing through squads without having to check each person individually.

Otherwise, it's awesome this is still developing - thanks to everybody involved!  It's a big playability and gameplay improvement even since the last time I fired it up (18 months or so).

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: vehicle crash
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2011, 05:20:31 pm »

1a) And how about a "assign whole squad" to selected vehicle, and default selecting the best driver?  I also hate rooting through the squad to find driving stats every time :D

If you don't designate a driver for the squad, the game will automatically select the driver with the best skill to the job.

MicroclineHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2011, 04:03:20 am »

Having a few issues with sieges warning and resolution windows. Whenever I give up, I'm told that firemen are the ones confiscating my stuff, even with free speech at L+. In addition, when I receive advance warnings about the CIA doing a strike, it lists the target location as it was before a business front went up. Being told that the old paper mill is going to be raided by suits doesn't help much when I don't remember which insurance agency is currently in front of the old paper mill.
Cake throne needs cake, badly.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2011, 04:10:30 am »

The fireman one is already fixed, I'll list the other one.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2011, 10:39:20 am »

If you don't designate a driver for the squad, the game will automatically select the driver with the best skill to the job.
Doh!  Well, I'd probably be looking at his skill anyway :p

Also, I got the same
Debug Assertion Failed!
File: d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\vector
Line: 779
Expression: vector subscript out of range

This is with the (almost) latest debug executable (revision 540).   And it was again after splitting a guy out of a squad that had a vehicle and sending him to a different location without clearing the use of the same vehicle.  It gives the "B SEbastian couldn't use the Stolen White SUV" properly but then immediately gives the Assertion Failure.  I have a save at this point if that helps at all...

(ps please let me know if there's a better way to report bugs, I tried the tracker on the sourceforge site and it said it was disabled).

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2011, 12:52:21 pm »

About reporting the bugs, this thread is currently the best way. However, I'm in if the SourceForge bug tracker is put to good use. There would be several advantages, including bugs having their own discussions so they wouldn't clutter other bugs' threads, cases could be manipulated by people other than the OP (me in this case) and so on. The main disadvantage would be that people may find it easier (less daunting?) to report their bugs on an informal forum.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2011, 08:22:53 pm »

I also got the "vector line 779" bug when sending whole squads to a new safehouse. I guess they might have had a car assigned.
- Using latest download version 4.04

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2011, 09:33:49 am »

A save file where the bug is repeatable is would be nice.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2011, 04:01:06 pm »

Hello!

I was thinking: how about being able to rescue Liberals from execution?

Not just bust them out of the death row, mind you. Freing them as they are about to be dumped in the sewage system, used as chemical weapons tests, or whatever execution methods is used, for a huge juice and public opinion boost, but also obviously a lot trickier?

Thanks!

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2011, 11:10:48 pm »

A save file where the bug is repeatable is would be nice.
I have a 4.04 save and one for the 540 debug build, I don't see any way to post it so how do you want it?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2011, 12:39:53 am »

Hello!

I was thinking: how about being able to rescue Liberals from execution?

Not just bust them out of the death row, mind you. Freing them as they are about to be dumped in the sewage system, used as chemical weapons tests, or whatever execution methods is used, for a huge juice and public opinion boost, but also obviously a lot trickier?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I get you, but there could be some "wowzers" stuff for rescuing the Liberal *just* in time (the last day of the month). It doesn't even have to be actually trickier, because there's a certain risk involved when there's no second chance - if anything fails, you may have to leave without your imprisoned Liberal.

We're not leaving without him!

Yes you are. Shoo!

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2011, 10:30:16 am »

I mean getting right for the execution, killing the executionner, and running away directly in front of the cameras.

Reporter: We are coming to you live for the execution of this terrorist, guilty of 33 counts of treason, 233 counts of flag murders, 50 counts of murder, 30 counts of aiding a prison escape, 4 counts of breaking and entering, 3 counts of disturbing the peace, and vandalism. He will get killed by *BLAM* *Falls dead, headless*.
LCS squad: We are the Liberal Crime Squad, and we do not give up our soldiers!
LCS prisonner: Whoa! It's you guys! Thanks for the release!

*Gunfighting noises, hot pursuit with both the death squads and the CIA...*

All the LCS: Wohooooo! We made it!

Huge boost tu public opinion.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2011, 11:21:06 am »

I'm going to concentrate on improving the more common use cases first, but this could be an option on the very last possible day before execution.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16