Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fortress Defence Question  (Read 6331 times)

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Defence Question
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 10:42:17 am »

In your test, do the vapors from the booze actually ignite people? I know they don't do any direct damage, but if they ignite enemies, you can do this:

_     - 1
0|_| - 2
~| - 3
1. Floor hatch: this will open to let boiling beer out
2. Booze goes here, with another hatch under it. There can be a lever-operated door for restocking, as well as a hallway (shown here on its right side), but I'm perplexed as to how to get the barrels there, since you can't place a stockpile on hatches.
3. Magma

If you link a pressure plate to the top that opens both hatches, the beer will fall, then boil out the top when it hits the magma.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Defence Question
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 11:24:34 am »

I was thinking of an outdoor booze stockpile, with a small magma resevoir.  Open a floodgate, and poor a small amount of the magma onto the stockpile, preferably when enemies are nearby.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."
Pages: 1 [2]