Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Gakruldus - Kobold camp succession!  (Read 21462 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Gakruldus - Kobold camp succession!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 01:06:00 am »

Can I please be the woodcutter?  His ( if it is a he ) name is Rolf and he has an intense dislike of elves.  He hates elves almost as much as a dwarf.  To wreak vengeance on the forest hippies, Rolf has dedicated his life to cutting trees, and in a sense, "stealing" them from the elves. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 08:02:24 am »

Ok, i edited the turns list and added Rolf to the kobolds.
I've been so busy playing Europa Universalis 3 that DF has taken the back seat. I'll be sure to upload today and will finish this weekend so Mudcrab can play too. I'm in the process of downloading the save onto my faster computer as I type (the old one is a piece of shit, and took forever just to finish the 1st month).
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 08:41:05 am »

20th of Slate

It seems that every few days, a herd of animals will pass through the swamp. A few weeks back there were huge hulking beasts, like giant rodents (something we are accustomed to in the caverns) running through the swamp. I was so worried I forgot to make note of it, but today I've seen a few large birds out in the swamp. We are in the process of making traps so we can catch a breeding pair.

There is one kobold here, Rolf, constantly raving on about how he despises elves. I'm afraid he may hurt one if we ever come into contact with them. Then we'd have a war on our hands... I've spoken with the shaman, he says that the rain (it's more of a downpour, and its been falling nonstop for the past few weeks) is a bad omen...

25th of Slate

The Shaman has completed the construction of an altar outside near the totems.

6th of Felsite

The weather has finally cleared today. Shaman says the Gods are pleased with our totems and altar.

12th of Felsite

The Gods have apparently blessed Rolf, as he is currently tearing through the swamp with his axe. I can't really complain, my trap project is progressing nicely with all the wood we are getting.

14th of Felsite

Last night while he was out chopping trees in the swamp, Rolf came running back to the camp yelling all kinds of profanities, his face was completely flushed as if he'd just made communion with the spirits. He was yelling something about "rodent men in the swamp". The Shaman has determined these rodent men to be part of doomsday prophesy scheme...

18th of Felsite

While digging down for a well, our miner dug all the way down to bedrock. And we still have no fresh water.

------------------------------------
I've got stuff to do pretty soon, so I'll probably finish up a little later today.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:23:48 pm by Svarte Troner »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 03:40:30 am »

Looks pretty good so far.  Are you going to make some sort of furry military, or will you rely on traps?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

mcguinty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 04:00:01 am »

Oh man this sounds awesome. Can I take a turn as Jumber?

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 08:10:53 am »

The equipping of a Kobold military force is... limited, to say the least

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 08:47:06 am »

Oh man this sounds awesome. Can I take a turn as Jumber?

You want a turn and the kobold? Okeedokee

Looks pretty good so far.  Are you going to make some sort of furry military, or will you rely on traps?

Oh, i'm definitely creating a military, once more migrants arrive and we can procure some bone and leather (for armor and weapons). Hopeful we aren't attacked before that. Too bad we can't butcher Capybara men, cause we'd be swimming in bone and leather right now.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:51:37 am by Svarte Troner »

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 08:57:25 am »

19th of Felsite

What I once considered a minor inconvenience, is now turning into a major problem. We have no fresh water and our stockpile of drinks is dwindling fast. There are some seeds laying around though. Our farmer says he knows how to grow, so we may have to rely on alcoholic drinks like those bearded midgets.

20th of Felsite

Our fisherbold, mcguinty, NEVER comes inside... He's constantly out fishing. I feel like a godsdamned dwarf spending all this time cooped up in this cave. Then I look out and see mcguinty being pounded by waves all day. When he does come inside for a bite to eat, he's completely covered in all forms of marine life... Well, he does put all of our food on the table.

Summer
Year 200

12th of Hematite

These large rodent men in the swamp seem to be rather docile. Yesterday, the Shaman went out to try to communicate with them and they replied in some strange language.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:18:20 am by Svarte Troner »

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 09:04:55 am »

I also plan to train a ruthlessly efficient Kobold elite squad-team-force of nature

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 01:10:20 pm »

14th of Malachite

Today is a historic day for Gakruldus! A group of rag-tag Kobold travelers from the caverns have reached our outpost! A total 8 Kobolds of various professions and one piglet have arrived. They tell me that they lost one traveler on the way to marauding bandits. The day would truly not be complete without a total downpour....

21st of Malachite

The Shaman took a census of our population today. It turns out everyone here is between 3 to 5 years old. I thought I myself was young for a 4 year old, but I feel much better that we are basically all a bunch of toddlers. The elders back in the caverns could live to be 40 years if I can recall...

25th of Malachite

I'd totally forgotten about the piles of bones we've gathered from all the animal slaughters in the butchers shop. The bone carver will be delighted to carve us some new weapons and armor.

5th of Galena

I've gotten the idea that we should dig some shafts out in search of more gold and gems. One of the migrants claims to be a decent jeweler, so I'm hoping to put him to use soon.

10th of Galena

There are a few things I've learned about Kobolds during my leadership of this outpost, and one of them is that Kobolds drink very little... but it takes them an unbelievable amount of time to drink that much.

17th of Galena

A trade caravan has arrived! So soon after the migrants too! We will begin trading soon.

20th of Galena

A section of the trap fence was completed today.

26th of Galena

The traders are finally unloading their goods (I had to build a depot first  :P). Hopefully they've brought some valuables.

Autumn
Year 200

1st of Limestone

Autumn has arrived! My first Autumn in the surface world! Today we will feast and give thanks to Seedleechrus the Goddess of food, Shitodler the Goddess of the Caverns, and Sraslonin the father of the Gods!

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 01:47:04 pm »

Behold! !!Sraslonin!! His neck menaces with an indigo tourmaline necklace of doom and Old English font! His right thumb is missing (:-[)!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:49:57 pm by Svarte Troner »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 01:57:34 pm »

This is a picture of the embark area. Ocean to the right and swamp to the left.

Excellent, clay!

19th of Felsite

What I once considered a minor inconvenience, is now turning into a major problem. We have no fresh water and our stockpile of drinks is dwindling fast. There are some seeds laying around though. Our farmer says he knows how to grow, so we may have to rely on alcoholic drinks like those bearded midgets.
BUILD A WELL!! MAKE SOME WOOD MECHANISMS FIRST! HURRY!

These large rodent men in the swamp seem to be rather docile. Yesterday, the Shaman went out to try to communicate with them and they replied in some strange language.
...Wha...?

If there are still spots open, I'd like a kobold. Draknoiss is his name; he likes dragons and wants to catch and/or tame one, depending on his profession 9mechanic or animal trainer, respectively).
Also, I think I would like to take a turn. If I don't respond for, say, three days after you say it's my turn assume I missed it and you can proceed without me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 02:01:54 pm »

You got it. There are plenty of spots in case anyone wants to claim a kobold
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 02:10:33 pm by Svarte Troner »

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 02:45:52 pm »

7th of Limestone

I think we insulted the merchants when we insisted they take our pig bone earrings for their leather baskets...

1st of Sandstone

The 1st of Sandstone... The holy day of Lbuyeehis Sojleeshussabichlis Yrosuylintisratis, God of the Sun and Nature. The Shaman has ordered the building of a monument to Lbuyeehis.

14th of Sandstone

The monument has been completed. It nearly depleted our wood stock, but it will surely recover with Rolf as our wood cutter.

18th of Sandstone

I've met this new Kobold today named Draknoiss, strange fellow. When I ask him a question, he click's his tongue and makes all kinds of weird noises, it's pretty anoying. He's told me he wants a shovel from the next caravan so we can dig down to the caverns. I asked him why, and he said he's hunting dragons...

23rd of Sandstone

More immigrants from the caverns have been attracted to our settlement! About 7 or 8 of them came with 4(!) animals! They even brought a cute little bunny.

5th of Timber

One of our miners was found today, dead... He will be given a proper burial.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:01:18 pm by Svarte Troner »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 03:51:29 pm »

This sounds like an interesting way to die. Can I have any interesting 'bold... say a doctor (if possible), or any other quirky lil dude.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16