Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Gakruldus - Kobold camp succession!  (Read 21463 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Gakruldus - Kobold camp succession!
« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2011, 12:33:33 am »

Sorry, family business has come up last two days. Tomorrow, however, entire day is free. I'll try to knock the turn off in one go.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2011, 05:02:03 am »

Okay! Progress!

We've lost 26 bolds, including my own. Goblins have a funny ability to pick locks, of which I was previously unaware, it seems. When I tried to seal the fort off, they got through the defences. Right in the middle of our supplies. The only other goblin seen off in my brief reign seems to have RUN AWAY. Didn't even get a mortal wound or anything. It has been a total of 7 or 8 in game days. Should I continue, or post what's happened and the save, or just write off this part of history?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2011, 10:49:28 am »

There are doors into the main fort everywhere. You probably missed one or two.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2011, 05:22:00 pm »

I've continued on with it. Goblins left after reducing our booming population to 18 bolds, and I'm not sure that will last. So I'm taking a leaf out of President Madagascar's book and SHUTTING. DOWN. EVERYTHING!

DarkThug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2011, 12:29:40 pm »

About the lockpicking issue, I believe the culprit is our own caravan. I experienced this several time. Every merchants in Kobold's trading guild must master art of thieve before they are allowed to join any caravan :P In the event of seige, make sure there is no caravan around. If there is one, let them all in, don't leave them outside. They are 1st grade camp breaker lol

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2011, 11:01:00 pm »

Tiny necro. So I guess the glorious Kobold city of Gakruldus has seen it's last and will be forever lost in the annals of history?
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2011, 01:34:06 am »

Well, not if they can survive till my turn. I can't believe this has been going for 3 months and only three of us have finished.

At any rate, I look forward to the inevitable sequel. Wonder what the kobold survival rate will be when the Night Creatures and Necromancers start showing up :P

Were-kobold anyone?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:50:04 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

DarkThug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2011, 05:53:38 pm »

It is regretable if Gakruldus were to meet her end like this. Oh well. If, by any chance, we are starting new Kobold camp, I am up for it :p

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2011, 05:54:39 pm »

It's keeping on going. Haven't forgotten about it :P

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2011, 02:20:21 am »

Records of Gakruldus, year 202, 24th Timber. Translated from the Kobold by Catten Parchmentfingers.

Today Dsarker was elected ruler. He has ordered the gates to the outside shut, in light of the goblin invasion.  This has effectively condemned twenty of us, both children and adults, to death.

Diary of Dsarker, year 202, 24th Timber. Translated from the Kobold by Catten Parchmentfingers.

Seedleechrus Mayiterchluchrofin, why do you send these storms to batten at your faithful? Do we not give worship? Do we not follow the rituals faithfully?

Something must be done about the goblins. There is one inside, a crossbowman. She is hunting us down, one by one. We must find her and destroy her....quickly.

Yes! We have driven her out! She is out of the camp, and now we can secure the entrances!

1st Moonstone

We have lost the doors. One of us left them open. 

The military are hurrying to deal with them, but three of the goblins are already inside.

I can hear drums. Drums in the deep.

They come.... (Translator's note: At this point, the writing trails off. Other records indicate that this is the point in which the author, a kobold known as Dsarker, died in a goblin attack. However, it appears the camp did survive for quite some time after, as revealed by continuing records. While the names of a kobold are fairly repetitive, and despite the lack of records stating exactly how many of them died, we counted at least fourty five names not recorded as dying earlier who no longer are recorded in the records.)

Records of Gakruldus, year 202, Moonstone 17th.

Drink and food are in sufficient quantities. Rolf and Fichrorin are throwing tantrums.

Doors to outside have been locked. Bodies of the dead will rot inside.

Fichrorin destroyed a chair on the 27th.

Three chiefs have been buried. MonkeyHead, Yarsniff, Spish.

12th Opal

Lrobojrildus is throwing a tantrum now.
So is Gadapeelgus.

Rolf has gone insane.

Lrobojrildus destroyed a farm plot.

Chrarbin is throwing a tantrum.

16 sane kobolds, 7 of which are children.

Gadapeelus died.

Svarte, mcguinty, Alkhemia, and Peeldis are buried.

We daren't go outside.

Chrarbin has died.

Glarsnus, Jrugrodin, Buder, Jrilmus, Shlakabasrunker, and Slikistrayngin have died.

9 are still functional.

Ghosts fill the halls. It is the 14th of Obsidian.

Draknoiss, Fitalus, Stlodosulbin, Biliflubis, Lrogotadis and Lodoshulder are buried.

A goblin thief has snuck into the camp. He took a child, Fichrorin. We are down to 8 still sane living kobolds. It is the 20th of Obsidian. 

Strufukakis, Shleebis, Sloger, Trirbus, Graylis, Dsarker, Dilgis, Shlobodlorsner, Strofordreerbus and Projomin have been buried.

Rolf has finally died. It is the 28th of Obsidian.

Spring has arrived.

6th Granite

Goblins have arrived in force once more. Doors are locked. In Grakuldus name, let them not get in.

A planter was outside. We could here the slaughter from here.

Klosleebus is dead. 7 kobolds remain.

Chringus, Plokokochangis, Jlububamber, Fukukuthrankus, Strigibipadin, Rolf, Sloshlalmus and Stlulufrokis have been buried.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2011, 03:18:28 am »

:o Whoah... Trippy, dude. I was listening to this fairly minor-key, up-tempo song as I read that update, and it really fit as I read how everyone died. D: Seven remain!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2011, 04:08:27 am »

We're having another problem. Water. As far as I can see, the well is above ground. We've got a log stuck in the door, and nobody has decided to move it yet, so above ground is off limits with that ambush up there. That means unless those wounded dwarves can survive the dehydration, they will die too. And if we can't get some fit kobolds brewing drinks, the healthy ones will too. We have used our last drink....

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2011, 04:21:52 pm »

See that lever next to the two underground wells by the dining room? Pull it.

Don't tell me you unpaused the game without calling back the "troops" (ie. all of the 'bolds that actually mattered yet for some reason were thrown in the military as cannon fodder) :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:16:46 pm by Spish »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]