Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equpping troubles  (Read 521 times)

ProtDock

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Dave! yognaut.
    • View Profile
Equpping troubles
« on: May 17, 2011, 04:23:48 pm »

Hi, just wondering if someone could help me in equipping my adventurer, i obtained a new warhammer and i cant find it or even know which menu to use to equip it, help would be much appreciated thanks

ProtDock
Dun Test Tha Souff Wess

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Equpping troubles
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 04:34:33 pm »

In all future endeavors, the first resource you should look into is our wiki, specifically this page and possibly the help menu that you can access with ? in game.

Now, assuming you've picked up the warhammer (stand on it and press g - select it by letter), you need to press r, look through the list of goods, and select it by letter. This will remove it from your backpack and place it in your hand. if it's in your backpack it should appear in green text. You can put your other warhammer away with p>select container, or drop it with d and pick it up again. to simply view your inventory press i, and there are some specific items that can be used in other ways by pressing I(shift+i)

You could wield as many weapons as you wish, it will simply select one if you move towards a hostile.

Remember not to travel alone at night. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Equpping troubles
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:51:57 pm »

Occasionally there will be a problem with equipping a item, especially if its in a bag, inside a backpack. Just remove it, as stated above. A good survival night trick, not stated in a wiki, is that if you are two far away from a safe sleeping spot, if you sneak around in a camp all night( You did not kill all the bandits), the bogeyman will leave you alone. This is a good time to practice throwing, and knapping, to kill time
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration