Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Let's Play Space Empires IV interactively-Save corrupted, shutting down.  (Read 3277 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, yes. I’m running this let’s play. It’s about SPACE EMPIRES V, believe it or not. Hopefully, I have the follow-through enough to actually bring this game to a finish, but we’ll see. Anyways, this LP runs on player involvement. So, feel free to join up. You pick what kind of thing you want to do and control your in-game stuff through PM’s, mostly. Here are some suggestions for stuff you can do inside this let’s play.

SPACESHIP OPTIONS:
Explorer captain: Someone makes a spaceship designed to explore the galaxy and you get to captain it.
Mercenary captain: Someone builds a military-type spaceship. You get to captain it and work for the highest bidder. Probably not very interesting until players start fighting with each other.
Government sponsored captain: The government builds you a frigate geared towards utilitarian functions. Deal with the various problems of the galaxy. Deliver mail. Fix broken down ships and refuel vessels.
Pirate captain: As silly as the concept is, steal a ship from somebody or convince them to give you a ship for another purpose, sail the seven solar winds, rob people, and steal money from other players.
Colony captain: Someone builds you a colony ship. You steer it to the planet it needs to go to, and then found a new colony. If  it’s self financed venture, become the governor of the planet afterwards.

ORGANIZATION OPTIONS:
Mining/Farming/Refining company: The three major resources of the game are pretty important, and governors have to make deals with you to build resource facilities on their planets. Also, you get to be pretty wealthy.
Dissidents: An organization dedicated to causing trouble for the government or the organization or governor in charge. Capable of some pretty nasty stuff, like sabotaging production and blowing facilities up. And yelling cool catch-phrases and playing guitars at people.
Research companies: What drives the empire forward is technology. Choose which path the empire follows and bring better toys to the boys and girls of the empire. Also, get to play with prototypes. Basically, you get to pick research options and get prototype crafts and units with your new technology built into them.

GOVERNOR OPTION
Rule a planet. Build stuff on it, facilities and craft. Choose to build stuff for people, defend your planet and…sorry, I sound like an Evony ad. But you get the idea.
So yes, that is what's going to happen. I prefer you post in this thread to claim dibs on what you wanna be, but if you so wish you can PM me.

Credits to Glacies for inspiration.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:00:52 pm by x2yzh9 »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Space Empires IV interactively!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 09:36:16 pm »

Anja Galena, Government Sponsored Captain.

How much customisation do we get to do on our ships?
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:41:05 pm »

Anja Galena, Government Sponsored Captain.

How much customisation do we get to do on our ships?
Pretty much fully customizable, I will tally up the cost at the end. You start out with cash which can be converted to resources which are converted to ships, and resources which are converted to money. Money can be used for services and such, buying private ships, etc. etc.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 09:44:05 pm »

Sweet. Looking forward to this getting off the ground.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:39:04 pm »

May I head a research company?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 10:47:06 pm »

May I head a research company?
Yes, of course. Just choose your name.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 11:02:27 pm »

Leonon, CEO of TNERT

Totally Not Evil Research&Technology

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just going to start this and let people join while the game is going. I will be PMing you guys with your money, resources and actions you can take this turn.

Edit:PMed
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:27:21 pm by x2yzh9 »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Today marks the beginning of the private space industry. Government officials have allowed corporations and civilians to expand into space. A ship named 'Great Justice' has been commissioned today, and government sources report a colony ship being constructed to colonize the habitable planet Jaorhaenmi V, reportedly by Miners 'N Guns Co.

In a large move today, TNERT reportedly purchased 3 large lab complexes, 60% of research production on the homeworld. They report research to be underway shortly.
Cycle 1
The Great Justice was constructed this cycle, and the captain was reportedly very happy. The 'Santa Maria' by Miners 'N Co. is reported to have been started, to take 2 cycles. TNERT's facilities are now up and running.

STOCKS:
Minerals:Up 3367
Organics: Up 67
Radioactives:Up 6, ALERT Fuel Crisis expected ALERT
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:35:32 pm by x2yzh9 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Is there anything with Ground Forces?  I'd dib on that.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you mean? Like a general that leads troops planet-side? A admiral of the government navy?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

What do you mean? Like a general that leads troops planet-side? A admiral of the government navy?

General leading troops planet-side.  Special Forces, particularly.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

General leading troops planet-side.  Special Forces, particularly.
Yes. PMing you now with money and options. Your a Lieutenant Grade 1

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any profit based criminal organisations?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any profit based criminal organisations?
No, but you could definitely make one. PM me your to-be name in the game and the name of the organization and I'll get you started.
Pages: [1] 2