Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: large stationary beer barrels.  (Read 5779 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Re: large stationary beer barrels.
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 11:42:33 am »

But since fluids wouldnt come first, this would.

Doodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 04:07:12 pm »

And then work for fluids would be pushed further back, so while we would all enjoy our big old barrels early, the people who want to make enormous lakes of booze or blood or ichor or milk or whatever else are left high and dry even longer...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 04:52:58 pm »

BTW, there's a tradition where newlyweds drink mead everyday for a whole month (their honeymoon).

Just for the record, although this not in circumstances relevant to the the above context, IMHO mead is a very nice drink.  I've got a bottle in a cupboard, right now, although as I'm neither what they call a "social" drinker nor one who drinks on his own I don't know when I'm going to break into it, or any of the rest of my combined alcoholic stocks...

((Hmm, you made me do a quick inventory: nine assorted bottles of white wine, four bottles of red wine (likewise assorted, although two of which are some not-particularly-special Bordeaux clarets that I'd forgotten about), two of rosé, two champagnes (also awaiting an unknown special occasion), two Oak Leaf wines, a 10yo (in cask terms, I've had it ages on top of that) Glenmorangie, two and a half bottles of Glenfiddich Special Reserve (12yo, I think?), a part bottle of dry martini[1], some whiskey liqueur[2], assorted small bottles of so-so cider and the aforementioned bottle of mead.  And I think the last time I actually drank alcohol (discounting my mum's Rum Truffle at Christmas, considered by those in the know to be more the former than the latter) would have been at a wedding reception early last year where I only had a sip of the champagne/sparking-white/whatever-it-was because I was driving and this is as much as ever I allow myself when I'm doing that.))

Erm, anyway, put me down for the "improved/custom liquids" camp.  That includes the possibility of buying barrels of blood, empty the blood out (cleaning job needed to de-stain the barrel, perhaps requires a rag, the remainder of some XXdamaged_clothingXX) into a special pit which ends up containing "a mix of blood" (could be tracked, internally, so that it can say "a mix of blood, mostly unicorn" or similar where appropriately dominated by a particular kind)...  Although the whys and wherefores are largely irrelevant to this particular discussion.

[1] I think I decided to try a James Bond drink, stirred not shaken, a long time ago.  The vodka bottle must have been smaller or I used more of it on average in my concoctions.

[2] No idea when or why I got that.  Found it at the back of a cupboard, as I was rummaging around for this list just now.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2011, 08:37:42 pm »

So a barrel will equal 1/7?  That is a lot of barrels.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2011, 01:01:25 pm »

What about quality levels, which I think are there for alcohol, but hidden? Adding your masterwork ale to the well-made in the cistern might not work out...
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2011, 03:47:21 am »

well who cares. ITs all just a median number anyway.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2011, 11:10:26 am »

Each barrel can hold a fair amount of booze. I think one of the problems with turning booze into a proper liquid is figuring out the ratio between the stuff in the barrel and the liquid equivalent out of it.

1/7 is something like a puddle, so a full barrel, I'd assume, would produce at least a little more than that.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2011, 01:01:14 pm »

Each barrel can hold a fair amount of booze. I think one of the problems with turning booze into a proper liquid is figuring out the ratio between the stuff in the barrel and the liquid equivalent out of it.

1/7 is something like a puddle, so a full barrel, I'd assume, would produce at least a little more than that.

a barrel holds 10 drinks for any dwarf right?

a well only subtracts 1/7th water every 10 drinks from any dwarf

the natural conclusion is that a barrel is 1/7th of liquid, and this would make sense if you look at it as a keg, not a "barrel" barrel, but one of those small ones

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2011, 05:22:35 pm »

Or UristMcDwarf simply beerbongs 1/7th of a normal, big barrel. And after that, he starts REALLY to drink.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]