Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Casuscacumen, Fortunepeak. <<Community Corrosin Mod>> This time For REAL!!!  (Read 2607 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Welcome to this Community Fort, using the Corrosion Mod which gives the feeling of being the last of the living Humans in a world Infected with that which have become the Undead. The Corrosion Mod gives us alot of things that could help us, but there is more to Hinder. In this Fort the Goal will be to build three things.
1: An Offshore Fort which will be the Home of our Inhabitants. This will be built on Secure Footholds in the Ocean, something that I myself have never been good at.
2: Build a Dry Dock in where we will be building our Boat, this boat will be of a Certain size on which there will be enough space for all people of the Fort.
Their goal is not to live in this land and take to sea for the other side of the Ocean to call home.
And Finally
3: To have No deaths at the hands of the Infected, any that die to them will be cast outside and not given a proper burial. Those that do die from other means will be, but that shouldn't happen..

Finally you can Claim a Human, Backstories are fully welcome...

Welcome to Fortunepeak,
Our last hope for survival,
We are the Sacrifice of Strangers, people we barely knew who forced us into this world from the safety of their walls and into the arms of the Infected because their resources were dwindling. They left us outside their homes claiming us to be the straw that would break their backs, that we would bring nothing to them. It was a shame, two nights march from their homes where we camped we heard screams on the wind and a Fire's Light over the hills. It was clear that we were those that were the most fortunate...

While we escaped out possible deaths at the teeth and claws of the Infected, we were now lost and confused.
The Sea and the salt on the wind was a blessing, with the sea came the chance to escape.
No doubt we would need to build our own ship and that would take time.
And many lost souls had spotted us in our travels, no doubt they too would flock to the Sea's edge and its chance for survival.
Not only that but we do not have a lot of food, minimal in fact. So Farms would need to be made to raise the seeds we were able to scavenge from destroyed camps and such...

It looks like the times ahead will be hard.
No doubt we may have some luck with our work ahead of us...
Regardless the day has only begun, so lets get into this...
May the Lord watch over us and we shall not meet with those that wish for us to walk the world together with them, in the march of the Undead...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:17:34 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Casuscacumen, Fortunepeak. <<Community Corrosin Mod>>
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 12:19:23 am »

Reserved for Information, Claims and Update Links...

The Survivors ::
Starting Seven;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The First of the Extra Mouths;

Year One :: Against the Sea. 
Update 1 :: This is their Tale. - Story
Update 2 :: Getting started...
Update 3 :: Many hands make light work...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 05:30:14 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:19:42 am »

A thick book was found deep inside the decaying construct that appeared to have been a home to some folk who had survived the infection. Who knew if they fell or made it out of here alive, but for sure the area was quite large and appeared to once hold many people, safe from the terrors of outside. Flicking through the pages the script of what could be assumed to be a Journal of someone who had once lived here, his rank and status unknown. This is his story...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

My name is Neyvn , and if you are reading this we are properly dead or have succeeded in escaping the Mainland. I prays say that it was the former. I am writing this Journal as a way to remember our struggle to survive the world it is today and the troubles that come along with it. It has been a long time since the so called Medical Breakthrough changed the world, it promised to bring Immortality, a way to live forever. It did that, as an Undead monster. You no longer needed to eat, but became so hungry, you no longer felt emotions, but your anger rose, you no longer needed to breath, so your organs stopped working, you no longer needed to think. So your Instincts took over. And those instincts lead those that took this medical curse to violence, ravaging and disgusting acts that were once fiction, now come reality...

Those of us that did not take this medicine were originally seen as outcasts, freaks. Still we remain outcasts but no longer are we the Freaks. Those that did not move fast enough were attacked, killed and reborn like them, the infection that was the medicine passing from Host to Victim and continuing the cycle to whatever poor soul they found, those that lived past the initial shock of the change escaped the cities and towns to the country side, from a place where they could be around the corner at any moment and you would never know. We collected whatever resources we could from the deserted homes and villages we pass, every now and then a few would stop and attempt to fortify and live their lives somewhere while others pressed on in search for a way out of this nightmare. Though I never could say that either choice was wise or safe as you could at least outrun them if you saw them first. Ever awake, never resting or stopping...

A few months ago our group had grown tired of our march and wished to join with a small community we stumbled across, but they declined us entrance, not enough food or shelter they claimed, bring the Infected we would as they stated. Turned away from their Gates we were. At first my hate for the people behind those walls was great until that night we camped on a Cliffside high above them. A red glow rose over the light yellow that had been there before, screams wafting up the cliff face on the wind and Gunshots vibrating against the stone face. We had brought the Infected was my first thought but on looking through the Spyglass down at the camp I saw the truth, it was a Hoard, a mass of Infected that just swept across the country, growing with each settlement they destroyed and devoured. Fear rippled up my throat as I let the Spyglass slip from my fingers, a fool moved as it became lost to the forest below. The next morning we headed northwards, the smell of Seasalt reaching our noses when we came down the other side of that mountain, an idea striking us all in turn, we could build a ship, and escape the Mainland and head out to sea and find a new area to call home. Perhaps an Island or something. But right now, that is but a dream. We are short on supplies, weapons and ammunition. But perhaps we can scavenging from the land and build a settlement here, against the Sea and its waves. It was a double edged plan, with our backs to the water we were able to defend from one direction, but if that defence fell we would have nowhere to go. Its risky, but I know we can do it...

Tomorrow is the first of Spring, the day we begin our work to secure our new home and safehaven. Walls will be needed, a farm to be built for food and whatever we can scavange from the land is a must. But who knows, Our Fortune has Peaked here at our new home. Fortunespeak...

Shut up, I know I am cheesy...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:26:52 am by Neyvn »

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 05:07:05 am »

Looking forward to this. I would also like to be "humied". Woodburner / Furnace operator. Preferred weapon: rifle.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 05:11:49 am »

Looking forward to this. I would also like to be "humied". Woodburner / Furnace operator. Preferred weapon: rifle.
Well, I have an already set embarkment profile and embarked already (for the second time), but it is one of the first things that is planned for the first Migrant, if you will take it...
Also to note, I have written backstories for the starting Seven, so your welcome to as well...

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 05:57:21 am »

Oh, lovely, thanks! I'll go write-up a story and add it to this post once done.

Made some changes to the story. Still not happy with it, but it'll do. It is your story afteral, Neyvn. :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:05:01 am by Dohon »
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 06:42:52 am »

Frozen Oceans and Rabbits, new Pet Peeve of Dwarf Fortress...

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 06:47:08 am »

Undead rabbits are the next step. The horror!
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 08:23:51 am »

Ah, took the same idea as Dawnboat, I see!  Well then, I'll just have to change the backstory of that fortress to something else when (if) it finally gets started.

In the meantime, humie me!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 04:31:35 pm »

Actually I have never read your Dawnboat thing...
AND WHAT IS WITH TEMPERATE OCEANS FREEZEING!!!!!
An Ocean has Waves, Onscreen animals to gen and move around and countless other things that it does to pathfinding and shit so when it freezes it litually FREEZES your computer!!!.
Regen again...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 01:01:03 am »

can you humie me?

as Agish Sverk, (skill level insert) a planter/(skill level insert) cook/competent rifleman .

i only want the rifleman to be at some point.

edit.: changed the skill's names.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:25:26 pm by kerlc »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 02:03:42 am »

Ok this is the third time, now embarking on a Warm Ocean, sadly I can't go anywhere near the Temperate Oceans due to the fact that they Freeze during winter, this makes water hard to get desalinized.

Regardless. I have my Embark system that changes depending on the Stats of the Starting Seven, but this time I will be adding those that have posted to be Hummied with their names and perfered Skills. I will be taking a bit of time before I actually embark so before doing so I will be checking here again, anyone else wanting to be hummied let me know.
ALSO Backstories are greatly welcomed as I will add them to the OP....

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 10:45:58 am »

I would like to be hummied! Preferably as the one of the starting 7. He could be any job that's available. I have a great and Fun backstory for you!

The world's coming to an end. Might as well have a few crazies out there.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 08:41:11 pm »

Ok I am gonna try this for the third time, this time in a Warm Ocean and hot area where the Ocean will not Freeze during winter and fuck my computer over. But I was thinking, who else wouldn't mine being in the starting Seven. I don't actually want to set it up neatly this time so if anything bring your Human survivor of random skills my way give him a little backstory and depending on what happens then I will throw together what ever supplies meet those characters. If you say he was shooting things before, he will still have his gun and so on...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i changed my humied character, check the post for details
Pages: [1] 2 3