Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Casuscacumen, Fortunepeak. <<Community Corrosin Mod>> This time For REAL!!!  (Read 2573 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i changed my humied character, check the post for details
What no backstory...
Ok then, looks like the remaining 3 will be nobodies, stragglers picked up with nothing to their names. No skills either, gonna be an interesting game...
Unless someone posts to be Hummied
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can be one of the starting seven.

Nullus lay in the back of the wagon looking up at the sky, the smell of the sea and the horses barely noticed as he brainstormed the architectural possibilities of his new home. The journey had been rough but now they had a chance at survival.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can be one of the starting seven.

Nullus lay in the back of the wagon looking up at the sky, the smell of the sea and the horses barely noticed as he brainstormed the architectural possibilities of his new home. The journey had been rough but now they had a chance at survival.
Heh... You can choose your starting skills. Terraria was naughty and took all my attention today...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just masonry and architecture thanks.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i changed my humied character, check the post for details
What no backstory...
Ok then, looks like the remaining 3 will be nobodies, stragglers picked up with nothing to their names. No skills either, gonna be an interesting game...
Unless someone posts to be Hummied

wait, backstory? ok, he is a former son of an accountant who farmed in his free time, his mother was a small animal caretaker (veterinarian) who liked to cook.
he preffered cooking to farming, and when he was 8 his grandfather took him to his still. there he brewed his first drink. it was sand hill plum wine. when he was 9 he got himself a crossbow! and became quite competent at shooting with it. but the INFECTION took most of his family, so now he joined a group of survivors to start life anew.

good 'nuff for ya?

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

I'd like to be humied as a rifleman. Name Jacen.

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right Take 4, this time for real!!!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

finally.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“Oh My GOD!!! ITS THE SEA!!! WE ARE SAVED!!!”

Came the cry from one of us, I don’t know who because we were all thinking the same thing as we charged down the slope and across the pebble beach as the waves pushed us back and forth, the younger ones chackled with laughter as the attempted to push the water towards one another. A chuckle rolled out of my throat as I watched the dogs snap at the waves coming in but it was a short lived moment as the Wagon rolled past as the Beasts we had hitched up to them also pelted for the water...

“FUCK THE WAGON!!!” I bellowed at everyone, but too late. The wheels dug into the Soft Pebble Beach and became quickly bogged as water filled its frame, “Grab everything, back to the shore!!!”

We all grabbed something from the wagon, unhitching the animals and dragging it and them back to the shore. It took forever with the amount of stuff we had, Jacen’s Rifle which had been forgotten on the shore as he dragged a bag in each hand to the shore, became lost to the sea waves, dragging the gun to its waters...

“Bugger the damn thing, hadn’t had a round for it for a long time anyway...” He muttered to himself as I passed him. He hadn’t really, a Crossbow and a few bolts he had picked up in a Raided Weapon’s Store was the only thing left to find, long had all other guns and ammunition been taken while the crossbow and its bolts were lost in a back storeroom. After a short while we had everything out of the wagon, and all that was left of our mistake was the poor thing being flooded with water. I shook my head as I called over Alex and Savolainen. Pointing the handle of a Chopaxe at both of them I looked them into the eye...

“Now, you know how to use this right, we need to clear an area to make space for our camp. We’ll start over there and come back to where the others have started to set up. Got it???” A nod from the Silent Girl and the Young Boy was enough for me, though Alex’s face looked a bit off while he was running off...

Spoiler: Alex (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Savolainen (click to show/hide)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
The constant thunk of my Chopaxe connecting with the trunk of the tree was calming to me, to my left I saw Alex, the young boy happily cutting away at the meaty part of the wood and Savolainen busy with her work. Back at camp I could see Dohan setting up a smelter of sorts using the native Bismuth we had found, forrowing some holes in the ground and filling them with extra pebbles while using the stone as a Heat plate, before finally melting down the rest of the ore and making coke out of the coal. And Jacen was busy setting up the Workstations where we can cut the Logs into Planks for building walls and such, while also keeping an eye out for any animals within reach, he had spotted a few Wild cats and a Moose across the river, but it was too wide for him to leap across...

Spoiler: Dohan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jacen (click to show/hide)

Looking behind me I noticed that Nullus had grabbed our only spade and was working away at the soil, he had it in his mind to dig a trench around our camp, perhaps even a moat, I hadn’t a clue to be honest. I also noticed Kerlc looking for said Spade as he passed me, growling under his breath when I pointed at Nullus before storming off to demand for it back so he could clear a spot for the Seedlings he had saved from the last Farmstead we had passed...

Spoiler: Nullus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kerlc (click to show/hide)

Regardless of the problems, I think our Camp is going along well...

Spoiler: Neyvn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:19:56 am by Neyvn »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

apparently i am a bearded, demon (DEMON!) leather (DEMON!!!!), platinum (that, really) loving farmer with a crossbow.

i've never been happier in my entire life. except for that time i stabbed my schoolmate (a.k.a. the bully of the school) in the stomach (he acctually got some severe bruises and cuts there) with a pen.

fear me!

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile

Damn, I wish I was aware of this sooner! D:

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The First Migrants just arrived. I really don't know how other Community Fortresses do this. It all comes so fast...

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm... at fat twelve year old... with a beard...
That's Dwarf Fortress for you.

That first post, absolutely brilliant. Really shows what Dwarf Fortress is capable of when you're looking for a story.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet story so far, Neyvn. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile

The First Migrants just arrived. I really don't know how other Community Fortresses do this. It all comes so fast...

I think if you decide to do another one after this one that I'll join into that one, if that's okay.
Pages: 1 [2] 3