Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Deep, Dwarfy thoughts  (Read 11009 times)

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
Re: Deep, Dwarfy thoughts
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2011, 03:04:23 am »

Urist McMason: "I'm sure the overseer would have told me if I was building the last part of this wall from the wrong side."

Urist McMason has died of thirst.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2011, 09:17:25 am »

Urist McUselessNoble: "Hmm, I always wanted to know what this lever does, and why this is the only room with a floodgate on one wall..."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2011, 09:32:53 am »

Urist McRecruit: Ey, Commander? Shouldn't I have armor on?
Urist McCommander: Less thinkin, more sparrin!

Urist McCommander has been struck down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2011, 05:40:04 pm »

Urist McPeasant: Eh Urist...

Urist McCrafter: Yes Urist?

Urist McPeasant: You know how you've been making all those drums and trumpets and other music stuff...

Urist McCrafter: Yeah?

Urist McPeasant: Well, why can't we make music with them?

Urist McCrafter: ... Shuddup and get back to work.

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2011, 11:21:23 am »

Urist McPeasant: You know how you've been making all those drums and trumpets and other music stuff...

Urist McBroker: ever tried to play a rock trumpet? or a stone drum? those are good only as ornament to sell to those sissies of the elves.
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2011, 01:19:36 pm »

Urist McBroker: ever tried to play a rock trumpet? or a stone drum? those are good only as ornament to sell to those sissies of the elves.
Urist McDurr: I don't think trumpets work well with rock. Try jazz.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2011, 02:54:51 pm »

Urist McDurr: I don't think trumpets work well with rock. Try jazz.

But what about heavy metal? :P
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2011, 03:47:16 pm »

*Urist McPratchett cancels drink.
*Urist McPratchett is taken by fey mood!
*Urist McPratchett takes over a craft workshop!
*Urist McPratchett has begun a mysterious construction!
*Urist McPratchett has created Soul Music, a rat vellum tome. On it are images of skeletons in rat bone and images of music with rocks in it made of copper.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2011, 04:01:39 pm »

Actually, I think that the dwarves would be more into rock.

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2011, 07:01:43 pm »

In the year 1072, the dwarves of SoulsDeep developed rock music. This became extremely popular, with young dwarves and dwarvettes getting stoned and listening to such hits as "Rockin' Alunite," "Cliffs and Cave-Ins and Schist," and "Another Boulder in the Wall." Eventually, this gave way to a new fad, Heavy Metal. Thick-minded young dwarves were seen attending concerts of bands like Lead Balloon, The New Selenium, and Nickelsack. Though short-lived, these so called "stoner" cultures have had a lasting impression on dwarven culture, including the now popular pastime of constructing drums, trumpets, and harps out of solid rock.
Quote from: Gnauga date=1287448036
Quote from: SkyRender date=1287438955
no-quality training spears are about as effective as a limp noodle at doing damage
You forget that a limp noodle has a wobbly attribute to it. In fact, its characteristics and shape may liken it to a small whip made out of food.
In this sense, the limp noodle is a dangerous thing and should be slurped with extreme caution, lest your lips go flying off in an arc.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2011, 08:13:43 pm »

That was...

* Shook puts on sunglasses

Very gneiss.

Also, i have a hard time imagining the dorfs actually saying anything, so in my head, the conversations are like:

Urist 1: :D
Urist 2: :D
Urist 1: :D?
Urist 2: :D!
Urist 1: :D!!

On a more vocal note though:

Urist McSavvy: Oh man we're under siege by goblins!
Urist McDwerp: We are?
Urist McSavvy: Yeah, didn't you hear the cage trap triggering?
Urist McDwerp: OH MAN THERE IS A CAGE TRAP WITH A GOBLIN IN IT I'D BETTER GO RETRIEVE IT RIGHT NOW
Urist McSavvy: Don't do it man!
Urist McDwerp: SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF THAT CAGED GOBLIN THAT I AM ABOUT TO RETRIEVE
Goblin LeNotinacage: Oi, there's a dorf! Get him!
Urist McDwerp: NOPE

I wonder what drives them to plough into a group of gobs for a sock. Or a cage.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2011, 10:00:01 pm »

I wonder what drives them to plough into a group of gobs for a sock. Or a cage.
Stupidity and duty, respectively.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2011, 02:21:31 am »

I also imagine dorfs have a lot of thoughts by the lines of "I wonder where I put my drink..." or "Where'd I leave that meal I claimed..?"

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2011, 05:19:07 am »

*Urist McPratchett has created Soul Music, a rat vellum tome. On it are images of skeletons in rat bone and images of music with rocks in it made of copper.
Completely unrealistic, though, as it portrays Trolls getting along with Dwarfs.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]