Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Children burrow aka kindergarten  (Read 11914 times)

Sir Leonard III

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Children burrow aka kindergarten
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 02:17:36 pm »

Dwarven mums are hardcore.
Hush little baby, listen to my song,
Mamma's gonna tan you a troll leather thong.
And if that thong don't menace with spikes,
Mamma's gonna kill you whatever you like...

You, sir, are brilliant.
Hush little baby, listen to my song,
Mamma's gonna tan you a troll leather thong.
And if that thong don't menace with spikes,
Mamma's gonna kill you whatever you like...

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 07:16:33 pm »

Rock-a-bye baby, in the cave homes
When goblins came, the cradle they stole
When the dwarves saw, the lever was pulled
And out poured the magma, roasting them full.
Quote from: Gnauga date=1287448036
Quote from: SkyRender date=1287438955
no-quality training spears are about as effective as a limp noodle at doing damage
You forget that a limp noodle has a wobbly attribute to it. In fact, its characteristics and shape may liken it to a small whip made out of food.
In this sense, the limp noodle is a dangerous thing and should be slurped with extreme caution, lest your lips go flying off in an arc.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 08:46:25 pm »

I remember reading that if you create a statue garden from a statue and then assign ownership of the statue to a child then the child will tend to hang out around the statue.  Don't know if it actually works.

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 11:01:54 pm »

Damn. I just usually use Therapist to make any dwarf spawn into productive members of society, usually masons and miners. Because child labor is the perfect way to keep the kids occupied and out of your military's way.

I'm a horrible, horrible person.

Same here, but instead of miners and masons I make all my dorfbrats butchers and tanners. Forcing children to butcher puppies makes me laugh every time.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 10:02:47 am »

I wonder if Children will fight elk-birds...... why don't you get rid of the cannot be restrained tag (I think they have it) and chain the children to a wall or prison. They will soon be hardened.

How exactly do you do that? I've been looking through the dwarf and dog files and haven't managed to find it.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 10:05:59 am »

I wonder if Children will fight elk-birds...... why don't you get rid of the cannot be restrained tag (I think they have it) and chain the children to a wall or prison. They will soon be hardened.

How exactly do you do that? I've been looking through the dwarf and dog files and haven't managed to find it.

The tags are in the save file with the other secret raws like the Forgotten Beasts and denizens of the [REDACTED]. You have to take apart the uncompressed save and edit them manually from there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 10:07:19 am »

The tags are in the save file with the other secret raws like the Forgotten Beasts and denizens of the [REDACTED]. You have to take apart the uncompressed save and edit them manually from there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wut?
Pages: 1 [2]