Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attack of Busbel Esloshibbi  (Read 1241 times)

Zaphod728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Attack of Busbel Esloshibbi
« on: January 11, 2012, 10:23:23 pm »

In the year of 281 a monstrous beast attacked the fort of Alathzefon.

Early in the morning a great noise was heard from the mountains. The farmers were the first to notice a glow on the horizon. Soon a great fire could be seen in the hills. The peasants ran to safety as the brave soldiers of the slaves of ignition and the mines of celebrating ran to meet the approaching evil. Two soldiers ran ahead of the others. Zasit Domasedan and Zefon Dakostaknun, fresh recruits though they were, showed no fear as they saw the monster approaching. It appeared to be a giant bloated fireball with large bat-like wings. The monster opened its mouth and spewed a fireball at the approaching dwarves. The fireball barely missed Zefon, and the two ran at the monster. They raised their steel battle axes chopped off both the creature's wings. Enraged it, roared loudly and flames burst from the monster and engulfing Zasit and Zefon. Zefon's right hand, lower body, left lower leg, upper body, right food, third toe right foot, right upper arm, right upper leg, left foot, and entire head instantly melted. Zasit, who's body was in the same shape, though his head was intact (mostly), raised his axe for one final swing. His mighty blow took the monster in the back ripping away flesh. With a mighty screech the beast died.
Though their bodies were lost to the flames, their heroic actions will not be forgotten.

Or at least that's what I saw :D.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Attack of Busbel Esloshibbi
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:22:29 am »

I've had that happen before. The dang savanna titan. It set fire to the entire map. Though it only took a single punch from a naked thresher to kill the darn thing. The thresher died in the inferno that resulted.

The traders that happened to be walking towards the fort slipped into the front gate just as the wildfire raged past.

Zaphod728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Attack of Busbel Esloshibbi
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 08:55:40 pm »

Yeah, It seemed like it burned itself as bad as it did the dwarves. The fireballs it shoots are kinda cool though.

Then I had a 1/2 melted dwarf almost make it back to my hospital.