Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Black Powder Firearms  (Read 104232 times)

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Powder Firearms
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2014, 09:44:26 pm »

I tested this a little when it first came out several years ago, so colour me re-interested! Welcome back.
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2014, 04:28:58 am »

Progress:

Quote from: New Tools
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FIRELOCK_L]
[NAME:large firelock:large firelocks]
[VALUE:150]
[METAL_MAT]
[TILE:¬]
[SIZE:10]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FIRELOCK_S]
[NAME:small firelock:small firelocks]
[METAL_MAT]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SPRINGLOCK_L]
[NAME:large spring-lock:large spring-locks]
[METAL_MAT]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SPRINGLOCK_S]
[NAME:small spring-lock:small spring-locks]
[METAL_MAT]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FLINT]
[NAME:striker:strikers]
[VALUE:1]
[TILE:.]
[SIZE:1]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOX_FL_L]
[NAME: box of large firelocks:boxes of large firelocks]
[VALUE:1500]
[WOOD_MAT]
[TILE:\]
[SIZE:750]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOX_FL_S]
[NAME: box of small firelocks:boxes of small firelocks]
[WOOD_MAT]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOX_SL_L]
[NAME: box of large spring-locks:boxes of large spring-locks]
[WOOD_MAT]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOX_SL_S]
[NAME: box of small spring-locks:boxes of small spring-locks]
[WOOD_MAT]
[UNIMPROVABLE]

Quote from: New Reactions
[REACTION:UNBOX1]
   [NAME:unbox large firelocks]
   [BUILDING:WORK_BENCH:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOX_FL_L:ORGANIC:WOOD:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:6:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FIRELOCK_L:METAL:STEEL]
   [PRODUCT:95:1:BOX:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] Small chance that the box will get broken in the process.
   [SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE] There isn't really an appropriate skill for this, so just pretend the lid's nailed down really tight.

[REACTION:UNBOX2]
   [NAME:unbox small firelocks]
   [REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOX_FL_S:ORGANIC:WOOD:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:10:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FIRELOCK_S:METAL:STEEL]
   [PRODUCT:95:1:BOX:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]

[REACTION:UNBOX3]
   [NAME:unbox large spring-locks]
   [REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOX_SL_L:ORGANIC:WOOD:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:6:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SPRINGLOCK_L:METAL:STEEL]

[REACTION:UNBOX4]
   [NAME:unbox small spring-locks]
   [REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOX_SL_S:ORGANIC:WOOD:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:10:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SPRINGLOCK_S:METAL:STEEL]

Flint strikers don't do anything yet, that's the next job after I test this little lot. Thanks to Meph for helping me out with the un-boxing reactions.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2014, 04:30:55 am »

I did?

[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOX_SL_S:ORGANIC:WOOD:NONE] => I have never seen the ORGANIC token. Is it an alternative for PLANT_MAT ? This just looks so odd. TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SL_S:NONE:NONE should be fine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2014, 04:51:24 am »

Yes, you did; I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out the item token for a wooden chest before I got sidetracked by financial strife, mental illness and other general unpleasantness upon which I shall not enlarge here.

And you could well be right. I'll do a test worldgen after I give my desktop's fans a thorough cleaning; the CPU temperature hit 82C0 earlier.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2014, 07:41:22 am »

*sigh* I've tried three worldgens and I still can't get it to show up for5 my dorfs. Maybe you'll have more luck.

Dropbox link.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2014, 08:03:41 am »

*sigh* I've tried three worldgens and I still can't get it to show up for5 my dorfs. Maybe you'll have more luck.

Dropbox link.
Dude, I'm guessing you are going to update it to the next release also?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2014, 08:21:03 am »

Your BULLET_MAGMA and GUN_MAGMA is not enabled in the entity file.

I would add a :FORCED to the lines in " Add some combination of the following to any other civs you want to be armed with guns, and/or buy components from.". This makes sure that the enemy civ has access to them. [ITEM_WEAPON:WEAPON_ID:FORCED]

:CUSTOM_f
That doesnt work. CUSTOM_f doesnt exist. For 'f' you need CUSTOM_F, and for 'F' you need CUSTOM_SHIFT_F. (you can also use CUSTOM_ALT_F for alt+f)

All these are wrong: [TILE:.] Everything that is not a number in that field must be 'symbol'. So '.' or '+' or '*'. Only if you use TILE:144 or TILE:244 you dont need the ''. Thats in all your tools. (in your inorganic you did it right: [TILE:'~'])

Your magma buildings probably should use [MAGMA_BUILD_SAFE] instead of [FIRE_BUILD_SAFE].

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
  • he needs the golden gauntlets to pimp slap whit
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2014, 08:54:48 am »

I don't suppose the mod in the OP itself is still usable in current DF?
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2014, 10:39:33 am »

I don't suppose the mod in the OP itself is still usable in current DF?
So far as I'm aware it should work fine; 0.34 didn't change anything about reactions.

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2014, 12:19:48 pm »

Good to know i want a simple but effective mod to arm my dorfs whit firepower. Thanks for making this.
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2014, 06:15:37 am »

Also sorry to double post but if i removed    [REAGENT:C:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BRIMSTONE] from the reaction raw that would mean i would not  need brimstone to make powder right?

GENERATION 29:

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2014, 08:27:08 am »

Yes. Though you can always buy gunpowder from the caravans if it's too much of a pain to make.

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2014, 06:26:40 pm »

So i have all the required components but its not letting me make cartridges the requierments say it needs a workbench even though i already made one.
Also do muskets use cartridges or just normal bullets?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:49:28 pm by Drug_unit »

GENERATION 29:

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2014, 06:52:07 pm »

Muskets use cartridges. And try going to the workbench direct and putting "make cartridges" on repeat.

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2014, 07:07:05 pm »

Even the workbench itself the option to make the ammo out of anything is just red and it says it needs a workbench to be made.
I THINK the problem is that gunpowder does not go to any storage plot so the dwarves don't register it as existing in the fort so to say.
Same goes for the bullets themselves.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:37:13 pm by Drug_unit »

GENERATION 29:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23