Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Black Powder Firearms  (Read 104144 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: Black Powder Firearms
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2014, 07:19:08 pm »

The hell...? Can you provide a screenshot and the error logs?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
  • he needs the golden gauntlets to pimp slap whit
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2014, 07:46:03 am »

There is no error log even i think its maybe me messing something up after i modified the raw's little i have to check.
Simply put i honestly know know whats wrong. Maybe i don't have a stockpile that stocks gunpowder,bullets yet.
EDIT: I have everything i need in stock its just when i go to the workbench the option to make large cartriges is red.
Final edit: It seems using the manager they are making cartriges but i ran out of gunpowder.
It seems the guy cant find gunpowder even though i should have loads in stock. Could the fact that i modified the reaction to make gunpowder affect it?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:54:44 am by Drug_unit »
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »

It shouldn't have, or at least not as long as the product of the reaction was still gunpowder.

I'm going to try and reproduce the bug myself as soon as I figure out why my gaming rig's screen is giving me such horrible eyestrain.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
  • he needs the golden gauntlets to pimp slap whit
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2014, 02:31:03 pm »

Well removing the black powder itself from the reaction seemed to work. Still have not tested if the guns fire though.
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 28, 2014, 10:47:12 am »

NB: There's a typo in the armed_blag reaction. Item_weapon:shotgun and item_weapon:shotgun_sawn_off should be item_weapon_shotgun and item_weapon_shotgun_sawn_off

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2014, 10:43:08 am »

I demand an update, NOW!

;)
Hehehehe

But seriously, you plan to have this updated to the new version?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2014, 12:08:34 pm »

I've not yet had a chance to delve into the raws of the new version, and in any case I'm somewhat crippled by not having proper PC to develop on at the moment, but yes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2014, 12:18:29 pm »

I've not yet had a chance to delve into the raws of the new version, and in any case I'm somewhat crippled by not having proper PC to develop on at the moment, but yes.
From looking at the raws, the changes should be minor. Probably just adding [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:X:Y] to each weapon and projectile.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2014, 02:56:06 pm »

You can also now make balanced uber-attacks for various weapons. Just make them take much more time.
._.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2014, 12:46:10 am »

Wotcher: since .40.05 SHOOT_FORCE is worth ~5% of what it was before, and projectiles under one kilogram are no longer fired as though they had zero mass.

Side effect: black powder weapons are now much more useful, as an expensive-to-fire but reliably armor-penetrating weapon is now a thing that might be good to have. Spring guns can be given longer reload times without affecting anything else. In general actually shooting can be made quick but reload be made slow (attack_prepare_and_recover:1:20, for instance. Or the reverse to model loading then firing, also allowing firing then stabbing naturally. Depends whether you assume the weapon is always loaded or is kept unloaded).

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2014, 06:22:26 am »

In DF universe I would always have as many weapons loaded as I dwarfmanly can.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:09:33 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2014, 07:25:03 am »

I'll have to give that some thought. Thanks for the input, and expect further developments once I have a DF-worthy PC again.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #252 on: August 30, 2014, 06:34:20 am »

Well, I now have a DF-capable PC again. It doesn't have an Internet connection or a proper plaintext editor yet and it's running Windows Vista, but it'll do. Time to get back on track!

I think I'm going to have to drop backwards compatibility for 0.34 simply because the new ATTACK_PREP_AND_RECOVER mechanic is... Well, basically it's going to make reload times work properly, something I've been trying and failing to get to work since Day 1. Exact numbers are TBC but there's going to be a broad inverse ratio between stopping power and rate of fire.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 30, 2014, 07:15:28 pm »

Hooray!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #254 on: August 31, 2014, 01:44:16 pm »

Well, I did a quick-and-dirty conversion to .40.10 and ran some arena tests. Preliminary conclusions:

1. We're back to 40d rates of fire even with ATTACK_PREP_AND_RECOVER set to 20:2. Further !!SCIENCE!! is badly needed on exactly what that new stat actually does because there's nothing on the wiki.

2. SHOOT_FORCE is going to need a huge boost, because lead bullets are basically paintballs; a dwarf got hit in the face with a rifle shot and suffered a bruised eyelid.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23