Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Black Powder Firearms  (Read 104120 times)

bigmac3003

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Black Powder Firearms
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2015, 07:25:41 pm »

So, can I get this to work with the current version of DF?

Also don't mean to bump an old thread for such an unimportant question but is jake still around/ developing this?

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2015, 09:07:19 pm »

It works fine with the current version, as far as I can tell.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #302 on: April 26, 2015, 06:52:07 am »

Also don't mean to bump an old thread for such an unimportant question but is jake still around/ developing this?
I've been away for a bit dealing with some health and personal issues, but I'm trying to get back into DF now.

The old shotgun is now known as the "wagon gun", in reference to the blunderbuss being carried by stagecoach drivers as a deterrent against highwaymen, until it was replaced by short double-barrelled shotguns often referred to as coachguns. (Can you tell I was playing a lot of Fistful of Frags at the time?) There's a new weapon being introduced called the fowling piece, which is going to have two different kind of ammunition for it if I can make that work, buckshot and birdshot. Same principle as the current buckshot ammo type; large contact area but shallow penetration.

Also, check out today's dev-blog! Parchment, chemical reactions... :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:00:40 am by Jake »
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #303 on: April 26, 2015, 04:21:45 pm »

Double-posting for visibility.

Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to announce that as of a few moments ago, the Black Powder Firearms mod is at version One Point Zero. This also marks the first release where a test worldgen failed to return a single error message!

The previous version's 'shotgun' is now the Wagon Gun, a name inspired by the spiritual successor to the blunderbuss. Complementing it is the fowling piece, which is currently the only gun in BPFA to fire two kinds of ammunition. Buckshot and birdshot are basically the same as the Wagon Gun's ammunition -now renamed grapeshot- but with a greater contact area, shallower penetration and more cartridges per sack of powder. Note also that the pellets are made as a tool, not an ammo type, so adjust your stockpile settings accordingly.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2015, 05:23:53 pm »

Did a little arena testing just now. I think I made the shotguns too hardcore; even birdshot is crippling if it strikes an unarmoured part of the body. Haven't tested it with zombies yet though.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2015, 07:44:53 am »

This are most excellent news!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 23, 2015, 07:10:13 pm »

Nice mod

PTW so that I can get future updates.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 24, 2015, 05:01:06 pm »

Did a little arena testing just now. I think I made the shotguns too hardcore; even birdshot is crippling if it strikes an unarmoured part of the body. Haven't tested it with zombies yet though.

Thank you for this awesome mod! Should I generate a new world in order to play this, or can I use an existing save?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:03:11 pm by Salmeuk »

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 24, 2015, 05:20:04 pm »

Thank you for this awesome mod! Should I generate a new world in order to play this, or can I use an existing save?

You need to gen a new world.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #309 on: June 24, 2015, 05:22:13 pm »

You're very welcome. And that's a good question; I know you can tweak existing reactions without a problem, but inserting whole new ones might be another matter. Back up your current save file before experimenting!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #310 on: June 25, 2015, 05:01:29 am »

Seeing as someone else has been kind enough to necro this thread so I don't have to, I have a quick question for you all.

Would you guys consider it unseemly if I added a Paypal "tip jar" donation link to the first post and/or the DFFD page? It came up when I posted to the DF subreddit announcing the release of V1.0.

Foffy123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 25, 2015, 01:15:59 pm »

Seeing as someone else has been kind enough to necro this thread so I don't have to, I have a quick question for you all.

Would you guys consider it unseemly if I added a Paypal "tip jar" donation link to the first post and/or the DFFD page? It came up when I posted to the DF subreddit announcing the release of V1.0.
Go for it in my opinion, but I would include a link to http://bay12games.com/support.html as well.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 25, 2015, 09:56:01 pm »

Hey! I haven't searched through this thread so I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but when I go to create gunpowder instead of produced ten (gunpowder) bags I'm left with one (gunpowder) bag, 9 chunks of gunpowder and 9 empty bags. The 9 bag-less chunks are unusable due to the nature of the cartridge-making reaction.

When my furnace operator goes to perform the reaction, he only picks up one piece of potash, two charcoals, one brimstone and the ten bags.

Any thoughts? I tried both a modded and a fresh install.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #313 on: June 26, 2015, 05:27:00 am »

Huh. That's new. I'll try to reproduce it and get back to you.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
Can't get Magma buildings to appear in list
« Reply #314 on: October 23, 2015, 01:06:20 pm »

I noticed that the Gun Magma Forge and the Magma Bullet Mint both use the same exact letter as their non-magma equivalent, so I went into the raws and changed them from F to U and G to L, respectively, but I still can't get those buildings to appear in the list.

I also added the ability to make silver bullets since, y'know, it's the traditional werewolf cure.

Looking at the code, I'm seeing what I think are missing indentations and the odd missing open square bracket in the "two-handed" creature size section of the handguns.

I'm still slowly working on building up to the guns and making the ammo, so I haven't tested it yet. If I'm reading the raws right, they use the speardwarf skill, right?

[Edit] I think the [PERMITTED_BUILDING:GUN_FORGE] entries in the entity_default list needs to have the magma version of the workshops installed on them.

Also, I'm kind of thinking of going into my raws for my current savegame so I can add these things. We don't really need to gen a new world, right? That's just for convenience's sake so that we don't miss any entries, and so that the changes last from one world to the next, right?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:36:46 pm by MantisMan »
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23