Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Black Powder Firearms  (Read 103915 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: Can't get Magma buildings to appear in list
« Reply #315 on: October 23, 2015, 01:23:13 pm »

I noticed that the Gun Magma Forge and the Magma Bullet Mint both use the same exact letter as their non-magma equivalent, so I went into the raws and changed them from F to U and G to L, respectively, but I still can't get those buildings to appear in the list.
Drat. I could've sworn I fixed that.

Looking at the code, I'm seeing what I think are missing indentations and the odd missing open square bracket in the "two-handed" creature size section of the handguns.

I'm still slowly working on building up to the guns and making the ammo, so I haven't tested it yet. If I'm reading the raws right, they use the speardwarf skill, right?
I'll double-check the code as soon as possible. And it depends; rifles and muskets use the speardwarf skill for melee, but everything else uses MISC_WEAPON... unless the code's buggered.

And apologies for the lack of activity lately, everyone; I'm currently stuck without a PC that can run DF. Maybe I should look into that donation link...
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Powder Firearms
« Reply #316 on: October 23, 2015, 01:30:02 pm »

Is such a shame Toady wouldn't go for this on his game. Crude/early firearms would add a more dwarfy look to the game. And it would be interesting if somewhat tech progression gets implemented so you have to wait years of development to get them.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2015, 12:33:07 am »

So, I made the two changes I mentioned in my last post, and the magma versions of those workshops are showing up on the screen.

I'm having a tricky time getting a gun industry up and running again, though. It's those damn werebeast attacks, combined with my dwarves running toward the weretortise instead of away and in their burrows safe behind hatch covers and two layers of cage traps (assuming forgotten beasts aren't [TRAP_AVOID] and [BUILDING_DESTROYER]).

I picked a map with iron, flux, and plenty of trees, though, so it should move along pretty well once it gets going.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 28, 2015, 11:11:38 pm »

There seems to be a bug with the Gunsmith's Magma Forge where, after I make a firelock, I'm able to continually make large and small firelocks and springlocks without requiring any reagents.

Looking at the entries in the reactions_guns.txt raw, I can't see where the issue could be.

[REACTION:FIRELOCK_L]
   [NAME:forge large firelocks]
   [BUILDING:GUN_FORGE:CUSTOM_SHIFT_F]
   [BUILDING:GUN_MAGMA:CUSTOM_SHIFT_F]
   [REAGENT:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL]
   [PRODUCT:100:6:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FIRELOCK_L:METAL:STEEL]
   [FUEL]
   [SKILL:METALCRAFT]

My guess at the moment is that right now CUSTOM_F and CUSTOM_SHIFT_F are both hotkeys for building an existing building. (I changed the Magma Gunforge hotkey to F instead of f so that it would show up on the workshop screen.)
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #319 on: December 01, 2015, 08:21:36 pm »

I'm looking at the feature list for .42 right now. Parchment is in, crafting items from multiple reagents will probably create less worldgen weirdness...

I'm just waiting on a new power supply for my new gaming rig now.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 16, 2016, 07:35:36 pm »

Hey, any progress?

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #321 on: January 17, 2016, 11:17:52 am »

I'm afraid not. I've been dealing with some health issues these last couple of months that I'd rather not go into in detail.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 20, 2016, 11:09:24 pm »

That's cool bro. Get better soon, dude.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2016, 06:09:40 pm »

I've been busy with other life stuff, so I haven't been playing the game much. I still have my "black powder" game backed up in a folder, but I don't remember what the status of the guns, workshops, and ammo are. Nor do I remember exactly what tweaks I was making to the mod files.

Here's hoping that your health has been getting better.

tovRobi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 13, 2016, 09:31:32 am »

I tried to instal this mod on Starter Pack 0.43.03-r09. Copied all files to raw\objects and copied that text in description to entity_default.txt for dwarfs. Started new fortress in new world but nothing changed. What have I done wrong?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 09:33:06 am by tovRobi »

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2016, 09:38:06 am »

I tried to instal this mod on Starter Pack 0.43.03-r09. Copied all files to raw\objects and copied that text in description to entity_default.txt for dwarfs. Started new fortress in new world but nothing changed. What have I done wrong?
Check the error logs, see if there's anything with "ITEM_WEAPON" and/or "ITEM_AMMO" in there. If you find some, C&P it and we'll go from there.

tovRobi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 25, 2017, 04:03:27 pm »

Can I in adventurer mode turn off the automatic reload? After the shot, the enemy manages to run up and repeatedly strike until the character reloads the gun.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #327 on: March 25, 2017, 08:06:42 pm »

Can I in adventurer mode turn off the automatic reload? After the shot, the enemy manages to run up and repeatedly strike until the character reloads the gun.
No idea, sorry. I've barely ever played Adventure Mode.

tovRobi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 26, 2017, 06:33:28 am »

Bad for me then.  :( But it have god potencial in this mode. Great damage but one-shot weapon because of the reload time.
P.S. The download link is gone?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:39:28 am by tovRobi »

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #329 on: March 26, 2017, 09:47:28 am »

Sorry, slight case of link rot. This URL works: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=4418

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23