Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Black Powder Firearms  (Read 104094 times)

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Black Powder Firearms
« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2017, 05:19:59 am »

For some reason, this mod isn't working with my world. I've added the files to the raws, I've added the required text to the entity_default.txt, and yet when I start a fortress in this world, none of the workshops are available! The only change I made to the files was changing things like [ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET] to [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET], but I can't see how that would cause the mod to not work.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2017, 05:58:55 am »

For some reason, this mod isn't working with my world. I've added the files to the raws, I've added the required text to the entity_default.txt, and yet when I start a fortress in this world, none of the workshops are available! The only change I made to the files was changing things like [ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET] to [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET], but I can't see how that would cause the mod to not work.
You do mean you're doing that in entity_default.txt, right?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 12, 2017, 06:12:19 am »

Yes.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #333 on: April 12, 2017, 06:18:20 am »

Hmmm. Can you find the error log?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 12, 2017, 06:22:13 am »

Here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vailnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 13, 2017, 02:13:43 pm »

Not sure if this helps but for some reason, although the mod doesn't work on any of my worlds, when I go into the default/raws option in the object testing arena, it does work.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #336 on: April 13, 2017, 02:38:45 pm »

Unless reaction_guns.txt is missing from ~/raw/objects, I'm at something of a loss.

jettsnake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 22, 2017, 11:29:05 pm »

I believe I've found an extremely minor bug, in the raw for the sawn-off shotgun the TWO_HANDED token is missing the first bracket.

You're welcome, the mod is rescued, disaster avoided.

EDIT: RED ALERT!!! THERE ARE MISSING BRACKETS ON THE PISTOL TWO_HANDED AS WELL
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:50:09 pm by jettsnake »

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 05, 2017, 09:13:43 pm »

For some reason, this mod isn't working with my world. [...] ...none of the workshops are available! The only change I made to the files was changing things like [ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET] to [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MUSKET], but I can't see how that would cause the mod to not work.

I think I worked that out a couple of pages ago. Try going back to reply #314 in this thread and reading forward from there. I was posting the code and changes I was making. I don't know if the changes were included in an update to the mod.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Yagi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 12, 2019, 04:17:36 pm »

Apologies for a reply years later, but I cannot, for the life of me, seem to be able to get this to work, either with the current version, 0.40.24, current or newly generated world (I even went into the raws for the saves and made sure all the permissions and reactions were there). Nothing shows up in the workshop menu, the weapons don't exist in the Arena.

EDIT: I found out what I was doing wrong.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:08:48 pm by Yagi »

tovRobi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 15, 2020, 10:23:04 am »

Does this mod works with v47?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]