Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Black Powder Firearms

<< < (2/69) > >>

Alternatecash:
Yes. More and better ways to kill. I approve.

Acperience:
What are the differences between muskets/rifles/air-guns/pistols besides the materials used to create them?

Jake:
Rifles have the highest muzzle velocity but a slightly longer reload time than muskets, but muskets possess spike bayonets. Pistols are quicker to reload but have a lower muzzle velocity than both, but can be used in conjunction with a shield. Spring-guns have a slightly better reload time than a musket and carry bayonets, but are much less powerful.

Acperience:

--- Quote from: Jake on May 28, 2011, 07:43:49 am ---Rifles have the highest muzzle velocity but a slightly longer reload time than muskets, but muskets possess spike bayonets. Pistols are quicker to reload but have a lower muzzle velocity than both, but can be used in conjunction with a shield. Spring-guns have a slightly better reload time than a musket and carry bayonets, but are much less powerful.

--- End quote ---

I thought the weapon system was weird to the point of being able to hold several weapons/shields in one hand, but rifles/muskets/spring-guns disallows shield holding?

3:

--- Quote from: Jake on May 28, 2011, 07:43:49 am ---slightly longer reload time than muskets [...] Pistols are quicker to reload
--- End quote ---

How does this work? I wasn't aware that there were any means of affecting firing speed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version