Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sensei Would Like to Start Streaming Again- halp  (Read 1325 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Sensei Would Like to Start Streaming Again- halp
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:58:09 pm »

I got Livestream to recognize my audio, but not DX/OpenGL any better. Time to update it... cross your fingers.

In the past I've had quite a lot of trouble wrestling with Procaster and audio devices, but I think it might be time to get started. Again.

This means:
-Get mic to work
-Get games work broadcasting
-Get livestream page to work
-Getting Procaster to work/latest version
--Recognize games
--Recognize mic
--Layer mic and game audio, if applicable
--Allowing me to view chat while playing games.

...and I'll color in the list as I go.

Previously almost all I could do was play windowed games and stick the chat by the side. I hope to broaden our options with the ability to play fullscreen directx/opengl games. Hopefully.

At points I may need viewers to confirm that whatever feature I'm working on, well, works. If all goes well I'd like to play some Worms, and maybe Dungeon Keeper or Evil Genius. Or maybe we can do something really silly, like writing entire games in Java while you watch. And if the games don't work we can always watch some TV.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:42:43 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Sensei Would Like to Start Streaming Again
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 07:42:24 pm »

If anyone's up for it, I'd like to run some audio tests, regarding getting background AND mic audio to work. Right now opengl/dx is buggy and crashy, so we might have to stick to windowed games. As it stands we can play Dungeon Crawl, without any further tampering, so not a total loss.

Channel is here.
Edit: Offline, for now. Do post if you'd like to help me get going.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:56:49 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei