Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gasp! Not at war with goblins?  (Read 3484 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Gasp! Not at war with goblins?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 03:02:23 am »

Being at Peace and War aren't the same.

Peace is peace. War is war. You won't be attacked if you're at peace, as far as I know.

But you won't be at peace, you'll be ---- with them. Which is indeed because of their babysnatcher tag. They'll always send out ambushes and sieges.

Remeber, War means MORE!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 06:38:58 am »

I'm not at war with the gobbos, and apparently no-one else is.  Had 2 goblins thieves, though, one captured, and a baby snatched in the first year, but nothing since.

The only conflict seems to be between Elves and Humans, and they are not letting me share in the fun!  I'll try killing the odd merchant in the hope they decide otherwise.

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 06:40:37 am »

Are you past year 3? If yes, then you should've gotten some ambushes/sieges. If not, wait a bit.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?
Pages: 1 [2]