Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: LCS Mods  (Read 14789 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
LCS Mods
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:38:09 am »

I love LCS, but the gameplay is starting to get a little stale  :(.  Are there any good game changing mods out there, and if so, can any of you please place a link, or something?  I hope this sort of thread hasn't been posted already, but it's just annoying to search the forums, and I'm hoping that this will help others find good mods as well
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Mods
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 01:12:14 pm »

There are a few mods somewhere in the forums, but I've got good news for you - LCS is bloody easy to modify these days, so if want to, you can do it yourself and create just the perfect mod for yourself!

Not all aspects can be changed by tweaking XML, but you should be able to introduce new items, weapons, armor and site maps.

For more advanced mods that include bigger changes, there are two I can remember. Stalinist crime squad mod, which is probably quite outdated, and if I recall correctly, someone created a "mod" that let the player play as CCS (quotes because I think it was a module for T-Engine, not a modification of LCS).
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 11:30:48 pm »

Thanks for the tip.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 01:00:09 am »

Oh yeah, the XML files are in the /art directory. I can't believe I forgot to mention *how* to mod. The rest of the instructions should be in the files!
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 11:27:28 am »

Wow :o! I aways throught that you needed some programming skills in order to modify LCS, but that one really came as a good surprise.  :D

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 12:59:07 pm »

It used to be true not too long ago. I think Jon & the guys started working on the XML system last summer, but because of my military service and various other issues in real life I didn't play much and can't recall when exactly the XML modding was first introduced. It's a really good system though. Maybe at some point the XML will be expanded, with issues, characters etc turned into XML. However, I'm very pleased with the current system.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 08:54:04 pm »

I actually didn't do any of the XML work. As I recall, you (Kay12) asked for it and offered to help, and I endorsed the idea but did nothing to make it happen. It was Carlos Gustavos who shrugged his herculean shoulders, announced he'd been thinking about the same thing, and stepped forward to make it happen by laboring in the forges of greatness for months, pouring the sweat of giants into the game. Let us take a moment to remove our hats and salute our fallen hero.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 12:30:23 am »

Yeah, I offered the idea but thanks to the aforementioned military service and my lack of experience working with XML, I couldn't actually do a thing.

The fact that I didn't participate in the coding only serves to amplify my gratitude towards Carlos Gustavos for such a tremendous effort!

For any future XML stuff, I'll see what I can do. I'm getting my feet wet fixing bugs and such minor stuff, and working on the car chases and the Epic Conservative film studio.

EDIT: It appears blomkvist has also been active on the XML front, thanks to them as well!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:57:09 am by Kay12 »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 05:15:57 am »

EDIT: It appears blomkvist has also been active on the XML front, thanks to them as well!

Heheh, blomkvist is Carlos Gustavos. Which is very confusing, even for me, and I have the paper trail. I only remember it because I looked it up in my email archive earlier today before making my post above.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 05:36:13 am »

You're so right... well, he does deserve a twofold presentation of gratitude.

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 12:58:30 pm »

I have been playing around with this XML thing and I managed to make a new vehicle, an armor and 3 weapons  8). I wanted to share it with you:

http://www.4shared.com/document/SO_TUDNs/clips.html
http://www.4shared.com/document/DTD0pf5k/armors.html
http://www.4shared.com/document/aqWs4Tav/weapons.html
http://www.4shared.com/document/hlub1wCK/vehicles.html
http://www.4shared.com/document/S273W8jd/pawnshop.html

Weapons:

*SPAS-12 Semi-Automatic Shotgun (Uses same ammo as the other shotgun, I increased the clip size to 8 so it should affect the Pump Action Shotgun as well), can be brought at pawshop when gun law is C.
*FN P90 Personal Defense Weapon (fires 5.7X28mm cartridges, each magazine has 50 of then), can be brought at pawshop when gun law is C+.
*50 Cal. Machine Gun (Uses a .50 cal ammo belt, I had no idea of how many bullets a .50 cal ammo belt was supposed to have so I just raised it up to 200) can be brought at pawnshop when gun law is C+ (Yeah, I know it is ridicullous to buy a heavy machine gun off a pawnshop, but I know no other way to insert it into the game).

Armor:

*SpecOps Gear: A type of very heavy armor (is somewhat overpowered, but that was the whole idea), it can be crafted if you have a very skilled tailor and a lot of money.

Vehicles:

*Armored Truck: Unfortunaly I was unable figure out a way to make it invunerable to low caliber weapons as I intended to. It can be stolen, however, it is nearly impossible to find unattended, but just nearly.
-
I would like to thank the LCS community for providing us with such easy to access modding tools :). Congratulations guys, you rule.

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 12:59:55 pm »

PS: Should I actually have made a new thread to post that?  :-\

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 01:07:54 pm »

You don't have to create a new thread unless you want to, and I doubt anyone's going to be mad for you posting that here. Besides, the title of this thread is "LCS Mods" - people expect to find at least two here, and thanks to you, we're halfway there!

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 04:21:31 pm »

Why didnt you put these in a zip file?  :(

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 06:55:44 pm »

Thank you, your compliments are appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2