Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Dorf Space: Version 2.1.1! Now open for suggestions!  (Read 44060 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Dorf Space: Coming soon!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 01:53:18 pm »

I imagine how awesome (and fps killer) it may be to have atmosphere the way the fluids work now.
I can't wait for custom fluids.

Wheezers contaminating Aegis's atmosphere? WIN!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 01:54:46 pm »

I imagine how awesome (and fps killer) it may be to have atmosphere the way the fluids work now.
I'm going to add wheezers, so air contamination will be a reality!
Boiling skin for the win.

EDIT: Guys, something hilarious and true is going into the mod. Hydrazine is made from ammonia and a couple other chemicals which are also made from ammonia. Ammonia can be made from dry distilled potatoes. So therefor, flamer fuel is made from potatoes. WIN!
Also, hydrazine will be used to make plasma, for gameplay purposes.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 12:52:14 am »

The Potato cannon seems a lot more threatening now.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 11:47:05 am »

The Potato cannon seems a lot more threatening now.
Don't worry, the ammo isn't made from actual potatoes. The potatoes are turned into hydrazine and then they are fired from the flamer (if I can get it to work...). If I can't get the flamer to work, I'll just have the Hydrazine for the Cutter.

TheDarkBolt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 01:12:07 pm »

When the next release comes out be sure to make The Infectors do what they do~
Can't spell Slaughter without Laughter.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 01:15:46 pm »

When the next release comes out be sure to make The Infectors do what they do~
But of course. It would be Dead Space without necromorphing necromorphs!

I'm putting in meat blocks for the necromorphs. Then they can build their stuff out of corpses.

rellik242

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 03:13:14 am »

... That's awesome. I feel from now on I should build everything out of meat blocks ...
Morul Idenigath, Recruit cancels starting Fist Fight: Target inaccessible.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 10:00:24 am »

... That's awesome. I feel from now on I should build everything out of meat blocks ...
I can give you the coding to make meat blocks, if you'd like. 'Tis quite win indeed.

I'm going to make that the only thing they can make  :P

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 11:56:25 am »

i see that you have made crops.

name some? like the meaty thing that grows all over Ishimura?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 12:12:55 pm »

i see that you have made crops.

name some? like the meaty thing that grows all over Ishimura?
I put a flesh growth that grows in evil areas (Similar to wormy tendrils, but is skin). I don't think grass can grow on constructed walls though...
By the way, the growth you're referring to is called "The Corruption".

Here are the crops we have so far: Wheat (beer), potatoes (Which can be turned into vodka or ammonia), rubber bacteria colonies (Some bacteria can make the necessary chemicals to make rubber), sugarcane (Makes sugar, syrup and rum), and hemp. I say hemp because it is not smokable.

There are a couple of berries, but you cannot plant them.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 12:40:19 pm »

potatoes (Which can be turned into vodka or ammonia)

oh, come on, adding russian elements totally destroys the horror of the game! russians aren't afraid of ANYTHING. except running out of vodka....wich can happen..... wow, you really thought it good!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 12:50:10 pm »

oh, come on, adding russian elements totally destroys the horror of the game! russians aren't afraid of ANYTHING. except running out of vodka....wich can happen..... wow, you really thought it good!
I did that on purpose. Now we can make a Vorkuta fort  ;D

I made wheat extremely easy to produce (Like 20 a square or someshit.) and then you mill it (Total of around 100 food).
Potatoes are OK (Normal production. Edible raw.), but they can't grow everywhere (Tundra, mountains, and a few other places). No desert potatoes. But no arctic wheat either.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 02:15:24 am »

What are your plans for the boss necromorphs, necro? Are they going to be part of the necromorph creature definition itself, a separate megabeast, or a mix of both (does the power tag make the creature worshippable to other races?)?

And how are you going to handle adventure mode? Will there be adventure-exclusive reactions? Controllable necromorphs?

I can't wait for the first version to come out. :D

EDIT: Oh and what are you planning to fill the HFS with?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:16:55 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 06:41:04 am »

I did that on purpose. Now we can make a Vorkuta fort  ;D

I made wheat extremely easy to produce (Like 20 a square or someshit.) and then you mill it (Total of around 100 food).
Potatoes are OK (Normal production. Edible raw.), but they can't grow everywhere (Tundra, mountains, and a few other places). No desert potatoes. But no arctic wheat either.

you do realize that eating raw potatoes causes fever? it's an old trick i used one or two times when i was in priamry school. (a.k.a. last year)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 10:25:29 am »

What are your plans for the boss necromorphs, necro? Are they going to be part of the necromorph creature definition itself, a separate megabeast, or a mix of both (does the power tag make the creature worshippable to other races?)?

And how are you going to handle adventure mode? Will there be adventure-exclusive reactions? Controllable necromorphs?

I can't wait for the first version to come out. :D

EDIT: Oh and what are you planning to fill the HFS with?
I think I cannot remove the demons, but I can add some custom ones. I'm adding the Red Marker to Hell. They found the red marker down there, and it is fitting.

As for the bosses, they'll be part of the entity. I may add a few to the caverns, but that will come later.

I'll develop adventure mode in version 2. I'll add some adv. mode reactions and a few other things. DF mode is top priority for the moment  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13