Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Dorf Space: Version 2.1.1! Now open for suggestions!  (Read 43872 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorf Space: Coming soon!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 12:59:24 am »

What are your plans for the boss necromorphs, necro? Are they going to be part of the necromorph creature definition itself, a separate megabeast, or a mix of both (does the power tag make the creature worshippable to other races?)?

And how are you going to handle adventure mode? Will there be adventure-exclusive reactions? Controllable necromorphs?

I can't wait for the first version to come out. :D

EDIT: Oh and what are you planning to fill the HFS with?
I think I cannot remove the demons, but I can add some custom ones. I'm adding the Red Marker to Hell. They found the red marker down there, and it is fitting.

As for the bosses, they'll be part of the entity. I may add a few to the caverns, but that will come later.

I'll develop adventure mode in version 2. I'll add some adv. mode reactions and a few other things. DF mode is top priority for the moment  :)

Yeah, it's best to get DF mode out of the way first, since it's the hardest aspect to mod, and of course, that's where all the meat of the game is.

Also, are you going to add a petroleum reaction? You know, to ease production of metals, and to allow the production of other materials like plastics.

EDIT: (Why do I keep forgetting about stuff? D:) Demons can only be removed in advanced worldgen options. And AFAIK,

Dead space 1 & 2 spoilers, DON'T OPEN if you hate spoilers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Although quite frankly now, the
is much better than the
, at least for me. :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 01:08:07 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 10:10:44 am »

I already knew all that stuff  :P

Unfortunately, no petrol in the first version. I am adding plastics however. Plastics can be made with many fuels (FUEL, COUGH COUGH) and a few other chemicals (More potato substitute!). The main reason for no petrol is that I can't decide what I should make it.

Adventure mode will be playable, but many features will be missing from it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 08:59:38 pm »

I can hardly wait...This mod sounds interesting, probably better than the colonization year 3000 mod. Because, seriously, that mod is vanilla with techy names and U's.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 10:18:14 pm »

I can hardly wait...This mod sounds interesting, probably better than the colonization year 3000 mod. Because, seriously, that mod is vanilla with techy names and U's.
I haven't played it, so I can't say if it's good or not.

Version one will still have U's, but most of the other stuff will have graphics. (Thanks to Mayday :3)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Dorf Space: Now in Version 1!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 04:01:52 pm »

Huzzah! Dorf Space has finally been released! Enjoy recreating the Sprawl or the USG Ishimura!

More weapons and Necromorphs will come out next release  :)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »

Downloading it now. Will give some feedback after I have some Fun.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2011, 05:42:50 pm »

Downloading it now. Will give some feedback after I have some Fun.
Hurray!  :D

If it messes up during world gen, just try it again. It sometimes crashes during history, so end it early. Probably has something to do with there being no real trees.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011, 05:45:56 pm »

trying to gen world, 29 rejections thus far. Tends to reject on the "forming lakes" part, but I'll keep trying. (only changed mineral scarcity before genning)

Edit: nevermind, it went on the 30th try.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:47:30 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2011, 05:47:44 pm »

trying to gen world, 29 rejections thus far. Tends to reject on the "forming lakes" part, but I'll keep trying. (only changed mineral scarcity before genning)
Huh. For me it's on History.

I wonder what's going on...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2011, 05:49:15 pm »

I haven't played it, so I can't say if it's good or not.

Version one will still have U's, but most of the other stuff will have graphics. (Thanks to Mayday :3)
U's are fine, as long as other things are changed.
Graphics? Ugh, those are mildly irritating. At least the Kobold Camp ones are, I haven't played with any other graphicked mods.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2011, 05:50:14 pm »

And... I figured out what was going on. I forgot to delete the vanilla raw folder and instead just copied your own raws over them. Stupid me.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 05:53:55 pm »

And... I figured out what was going on. I forgot to delete the vanilla raw folder and instead just copied your own raws over them. Stupid me.
Duped raws:
LSD for computers.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2011, 07:26:52 pm »

Did you really add EarthGov as mentioned in the readme? Because I can only see "human" at both the embark screen and legends mode.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2011, 07:53:03 pm »

Necro im having the same problem there heres a way around that create two human named like earth human or some thing it will help thats just my two cents through
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2011, 08:13:15 pm »

Necro im having the same problem there heres a way around that create two human named like earth human or some thing it will help thats just my two cents through
I think there's no EarthGov at all. If EarthGov had been actually in, we'd see two "Humans" at the start screen, at the very least.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13